[SOLVED] Problem with file browser dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsonr

Hello, I'm trying to set up Hyperlaunch via HyperLauchHQ. When I go to Frontends under the HyperLaunchHQ tab and attempt to add a new frontend I get the pop-up asking for the frontend details. So far so good. However, when I click the magnifying glass to select the executable path, I get no file browsing dialogue box. The path box is otherwise locked, so no way of entering the file path. I've noticed there are one or two other file pickers that do not activate in the same way in various other places. Can any one help or suggest what might be wrong ?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Sounds like a permissions error on your system, do other file browsers work in HLHQ or is it all of them? Check the log file to see if you have any errors listed there.
Also try running HLHQ as an admin.
You can enable manually editing the file paths by enabling a setting under the HLHQ Settings tab as well.

Johnsonr

Thanks brolly. I know what you mean. I'll have a play with permissions and see whether it makes a difference. It's strange though because some of the file browsers work and some don't. I was wondering whether it was related to my .Net installation. The machine is a fresh windows 7 install and I installed .Net version 4.5.something...... I'm running one windows account which is admin. It's good to know that, if all else fails, I can edit the file path manually though. I'm away for a couple of days now, but when I'm back I'll have another mess and report back.

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
You're not actually an admin, even if your user is a local admin, until you right click something and select "Run as Administrator" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.