RadKade (What's Up)

lamuelwms

RL Member
Browser based front end? Sorry but tbh gonna have to pass

Browser based? Where did you draw that conclusion from? You do realize those screenshots were what's called prototyping right? RadKade is not browser based, it's Java. Java is a C oriented based programming language not web browser, in fact HyperSpin is more close to being a web browser app than RadKade since it is programmed in flash, along with Maximus Arcade and multiple others. Thanks for your input, but I nowhere said ever that RadKade was browser based lol

[EDIT] I think I know where you got confused though was it the HTML5 support, or the post being TLDR? The screenshots were demonstrating RadKades remote management and game launching aspects a feature not available in any other frontend; but you are not forced to use them, it just demonstrates how you could control your arcade from any mobile enabled platform or remote machine.

Last edited:

lamuelwms

RL Member
For the TLDR peeps, this does not mean RadKade is browser based.
EDIT: Changed some of the wording as not cause confusion amongst the masses. Please take heart at our core we are still a desktop application and always will be. This post refers to RadKade RC only and does not in any way, shape or from reflect RadKade Desktop Application. Even though RadKade is programmed in Java it will allow for HTML5 translation in its themes, because HTML5 10x > Adobe Flash (which is a dying horse.)

EDIT: Changed some of the wording as not cause confusion amongst the masses. Please take heart at our core we are still a desktop application and always will be. This post refers to RadKade RC only and does not in any way, shape or from reflect RadKade Desktop Application. Even though RadKade is programmed in Java it will allow for HTML5 translation in its themes, because HTML5 10x > Adobe Flash (which is a dying horse.)

Changed it to say RadKade RC which is essentially the remote control. Anyhow, I'd still take an HTML5 frontend over a buggy flash frontend anyday lol. Anyhow, back to my bat cave I go; will post more updates next week. :D

Last edited:

ghutch92

Supporter
RL Member
VIP
So, worked on the attract sequence this morning and here is one that I made for my system, and it fits my bill pretty nicely. Essentially it is your typical arcade attract mode that displays system name, along with some other slides and then this style displays random background snaps with their titles flying by. Now that I have this created it is time for me to really dig in and flesh out the main menu. Also, I want to add a slide in the system for HyperLaunch so if anyone has any clean (or pixel) artwork for HyperLaunch lets see it so I can add that in; I really do think HyperLaunch deserves a place in RadKades credits.

[EDIT] Crud, just realized that I didn't have background tweening on in that video so you're missing out on a nice effect that was implemented this afternoon. Will upload later today, but the above still gives the basic jist of what I'm talking about.

Why embed the video if playback is disabled on other websites
Screenshot 2015-02-14 00.44.13.png

Other than that great post, looking forward to messing with the new theme engine

lamuelwms

RL Member
Okay, I need four testers total to work closely with me as we begin wrapping up the project and get ready for our beta release. If you are interested please let me know and I will send you a small questionnaire form where you can jot down some suggestions, etc. If you are a beta tester I will be working with you closely (via a private message board and voice communication.) Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

jthompson

RL Member
I wish I could help but I don't have a lot of free time. I'm excited to see the finished product. Do you have a website for the project or should I just follow the progress here?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
If one of the devs could get me a logo or icon you are using the this FE, I would appreciate it. Only FE I could not find one for. Need it for the forum section image.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I got hands full atm. So if you want to help, just create a full color icon like you see already on the site and post it here, no need for private chat on something so miniscule.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk