[SOLVED] Request more control over 7z temp dir

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
I think it would be nice to have a few options added for more control over the temp dir.

some examples would be
  • Delete files older than...
  • max number of files before deleting oldest
  • per system exclusion lists
  • others?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
per system exclusion lists already exist.

Don't think deleting files older than would be very useful, would make more sense to delete files not accessed since x days, but this isn't that simple considering PC Games and such consist over several files so there isn't really a file where we can check the last accessed from value.

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
By per system exclusion list I meant more like being able to create a list of file names that should never be deleted from the temp dir. Is that what you meant? If so how do I do this?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
HLHQ -> Games tab -> Press the "Specific Game Options" button in the toolbar -> Select game from list and set "7z Delete Temporary" to false.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
dustin, keep in mind, HL is not a service always running and scanning folders. You are looking for a kind of cleanup service/application, which is not really in the scope of HL, but more an an external app. You start adding things like this into HL and you are going to notice slowdowns in standard operations launching or exiting from your emu.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I was thinking this would be more of a feature to HLHQ rather than HL, but like I said deleting files older than X doesn't really make much sense to me.
But isn't the per system exclusion enough? I'd think so.

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
The exclusion lists are good enough for me, I just didn't know it existed yet. Thank you for pointing it out for me.

Couldn't another ini file be used to keep track of how long a file has been in the temp dir?

[game name]
extracted_on=01142014

Like I said though the exclusion lists are enough for me. And yes I would have to agree that this feature would be better suited for HLHQ rather than HL.

Status
Not open for further replies.