RetroArch and bezels, game loading over fade

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Anyone else having this issue?

Just started messing with RA, using version 1.3.6. Also decided to turn on bezels to check them out and when you load a game, fade in will come up then the game will pop up over it in full screen for a second or so and then go back to the fade screen and then once again pop up but inside the bezel.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this process will chime in and we can figure out a solution. Messed with some settings but nothing seemed to remedy it

neonrage

RL Member
I have had this issue too on Win 8.1 and 10. Tried messing with the fade timings but it always happens no matter how long or short you make them.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Yea it didn't seem to have anything to do with timings. More like RA is fighting for main focus worth rlui

cobhc2016

RL Member
Yeah, I've had this issue too but as it rights itself I've just kind of let it go. I have to admit it's not very elegant looking though.

NIGHTKILLER05

RL Member
Hi, i had that problem, you just need turn off fullscreen inside RA and thats It.

Enviado desde mi SM-G531H mediante Tapatalk

orphen92

RL Member
Okay i turned of the fullscreen,
its worked the first time but not the second time, however retroarch have fullscreen off :(

orphen92

RL Member
Okay for example in n64 systeme that work for somes game but with other game in the same system that not working :(.
(during time of loading maybe??).

Another idea?

NIGHTKILLER05

RL Member
Its strange, retroarch doesnt work for me with mupen64 core if bezels are activated, weird, but with most of the emulators should work ok, did you tried my tip with other cores?

neonrage

RL Member
Hi, i had that problem, you just need turn off fullscreen inside RA and thats It.

Thank you! this did it. I had to use Notepad++ to do a find/replace in all of my systemname.cfg files in the Retroarch/config directory, but after that fade into bezels works great for all my RA systems!!

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Well, I'll be damned, that fixed it. Thanks nightkiller

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! this did it. I had to use Notepad++ to do a find/replace in all of my systemname.cfg files in the Retroarch/config directory, but after that fade into bezels works great for all my RA systems!!

Worked fine for me just settings fullscreen to false in RLUI

RetroHumanoid

RL Member
I had the same problem. I turned off bezel support for all my RA systems in RLUI,and just set up the bezels as overlays. You need to turn on overlay in RA options,then set up the dimensions and point it towards your bezel under the system options in RLUI. Did not take long to do,and the transition is like butter now. I'm betting there are other ways to do it,but this worked best for me.

------------------------------------
YouTube,FaceBook,Twitter@RetroHumanoid

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
The problem is most probably caused by running the game in fullscreen mode.
As soon as Retroarch launches the game in fullscreen mode, there is nothing that RL can do to drawn fade (or bezels) above it consistently.

Also, it appears that the Retroarch module is not handling correctly the way to set the game to run in windowed mode.

So the fix to use RL fade and bezels is either to set by hand on your retroarch configs to run the emu in windowed mode, or wait until the person currently developing the retroarch module to add proper support for setting the windowed mode option (fullscreen = false) on the module.