Retroarch bezel Overlays

nosh

RL Member
I already have an old thread for a pack of bezels I was working on for HL. At this point that project is dead, a lot of the assets are being reused for this project but I will more than likely not be releasing these for HL and will only be available in Retroarch. Someone can certainly take the images and build out the HL bezel ini files when i am done.

The plan is to release 3 differen't packs, each for the three main aspect ratios 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3. The bezels will be crafted in the either the largest or close to largest resolution for that aspect ratio. So 16:9 will be 2560x1440, 16:10 will be 2560x1600 and 4:3 will be 2048×1536.

Because I am going by high resolutions for a particular aspect ratio these bezels will scale down to any resolution that is the same aspect ratio so 16:9 will work on 1920x1080 without any change in configuration.

I am starting with 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 will come shortly after as it should just be a matter of batch resizing and renaming.

I will be posting these bezels to my HS FTP folder as they are completed.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
If you burning your balls off makes these bezels, burn baby burn!

nosh

RL Member
Moving on to Sega...

Sega Genesis
genesis.jpg

Sega Genesis 16 Bit - for the hell of it
genesis16bit.jpg

Last edited:

marxkemp

Its a personal preference. Less is more. I just really like your clean backgrounds. I know wich system I started even if its a manufactor wheel (for example all my nintendo favorites). Maybe i have to get used to it because ive been using black borders for years. Just staryed retroarch and hl bezels. Ive only used retroarch on my game laptop with your amazing n64 setup from the HS forums.

Anyway maybe i could do it myself if you have the psd's and maybe i could take a shot converting them to HL format.
Or do think retroarchs overlays are just better?

nosh

RL Member
It would be kind of a pain to take the logo out on each one and rename them but hey if your up for the task of converting them to HL I am more than happy to give you the psd when i am done.

...Sega 32X
sega32x.jpg

marxkemp

Never hurts to try and help
For example sega dreamcast is a console i would add to my htpc setup. I believe its not supported in retroarch(?). Like GC and Wii. So I have to take shot with to make it as close to your unified overlays as HL bezels

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
these bezels are amazing nosh. thank you and keep up the good work.

In case anyone wants HL ini coords...

HL bezel.ini - 4:3 aspect bezels
Code:
[General]
Bezel Screen Top Left X Coordinate=320
Bezel Screen Top Left Y Coordinate=0
Bezel Screen Bottom Right X Coordinate=2240
Bezel Screen Bottom Right Y Coordinate=1440

the bezels are actually 319 pixels wide but 320 seems to work fine.

nosh

RL Member
these bezels are amazing nosh. thank you and keep up the good work.

In case anyone wants HL ini coords...

HL bezel.ini - 4:3 aspect bezels
Code:
[General]
Bezel Screen Top Left X Coordinate=320
Bezel Screen Top Left Y Coordinate=0
Bezel Screen Bottom Right X Coordinate=2240
Bezel Screen Bottom Right Y Coordinate=1440

the bezels are actually 319 pixels wide but 320 seems to work fine.

Thank you! The pack i am working on now is actually for a 16:9 resolution I will be releasing another for 16:10 and 4:3.

...Sega Master System
segamastersystem.jpg