RetroARCH Not working with PAUSE

Propdept

RL Member
RetroARCH Not working with PAUSE...SOLVED!!!

I mainly use RetroArch as my main emulator . I also use Mame, Mess, daphne, the pause menu will work for them. But on the systems that I know are the Retroarch emulated Systems. I hear the SWISH sound but nothing Pops up and the game is paused. pressing the number plus button again, unpauses the game and in lower left. Exiting Pause is written

Rl error log reveals

-Convert to monitor object -width not supplied in array. Object creation terminated
Check for nearest supported res - suppli d desired resolution does not contain any data
Load external variables -pause source image files not found

I HAVE ATTACHED MY ERROR LOG

If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much....

View attachment 2967

Last edited:

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Don't create multiple threads for the same issue and a screenshot of a snippet of your log is useless.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Well, you need to have patience. There aren't many people that regularly help troubleshoot and your issue isn't one I've seen before so the number of people that can help with the more technical stuff is even less. Add to that the fact you didn't post logs so anyone wanting to help didn't have anything to go from.

Spamming threads and PMs is gonna have the opposite outcome of what you want though. Doing that ensures that I personally will hold off or completely ignore your posts.

Propdept

RL Member
Well I am sorry. You have to understand that I have been waiting a week not one word. From anyone saying can you post this or can you upload that. Would have been helpful. I have been reading thru the forum under pause and not of the. Other posts are helpful. I. Have downloaded a lot of extra pause media that is basically worthless and my time wasted if I don’t get this part Pause. Working....

Propdept

RL Member
IF ANYONE IS HAVING MY SAME ISSUE READ THIS".........

I came home early and the first thing I did was to change the +key to something else unused by all emulators

my Pause is now working.......mostly...

the dual interactions of the +key on RL Pause and that same key being used as RA Volume up must have confused the Pause function. However

I have noticed that if the game mostly cd based games Do not full load in. I mean. You don’t go past the Start Screen. And you try and click pause. Pause Will Not Load, it is after the game has loaded in fully and you are playing the game that pause will work. I did notice one time while playing with and checking out pause, that a game didn’t get fully loaded up I.e on an N64 game I didn’t get past the games checking of the memory card screen.... pause didn’t work when I got out of N64 in RL and went to Atari 7800 Pause would not launch. But closing and restarting RL Pause began to work normally....

The only remaining issue I discovered is that PCSX2 Pause will not launch at all...:-(

Rocketlauncher uses the keyboard key +. To launch pause but. In Retroarch that key is fir Volume Up. Either change it in RL or RA !

Last edited: