RetroDb - Hyperspin Db and Rocketlaunch remote (beta)

horseyhorsey

RL Member
For a while I wanted my Hyperspin lists into a database to query against and use in Hypermint instead of Xml. Any audits would be tracked here and then to create Hyperspin lists and multi lists from the database.

I have taken it a little step further by creating a webserver & client to access the games and then saw the RL Broadcast system to remote control RL.

The remote only works one way for now (RetroDB > RL), I can't pick up the messages from RL without running a windows UI (although I could create a hidden window in the background to recieve messages, but I'd rather have a better way of acheiving that)

There's plenty of work to tidy up the UI etc but I think very usable and enough to give you some ideas for extra things that would work in the app.

Importer:
- Imports systems and all entries for games from your current Hyperspin Main Menu.
- Imports stats from RocketLauncher.

WebServer/Client:
- Search games
- RL stats
- View systems
- View favorites

Rocketlaunch Remote:
- Launch and Quit games
- Activate pause and navigate remotely

Instructions / Guide:
https://github.com/horseyhorsey/RetroDb

Beta Download:
https://github.com/horseyhorsey/RetroDb/releases/tag/0.0.0.69

retro-home.jpg

retro-search.jpg

retro-sys.jpg

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Very cool! I guess you can run this on a tablet or something of sorts right?

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Sorry, didn't get notification about replies.

Yes you could access from tab, phone, anything with browser.

Not 100% sure hosting environments because untested, but you should be able to host the server Win, Mac, Linux.

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Hello all..

I'll be back in the scene for a bit as I'm just about to knock up a control panel. Got all my bits ready but I will be making the top in glass rather than acrylic, so have to do some drawings for that, hopefully this weekend.

--------------------

As I was designing this the other day I had it in mind to resurrect this RETRO-DB, but I also wanted to do Hypermint as well, join together.
Hypermint would be a fair amount of work so that will be left for now and I will just use that current on Hyperspin databases as it was featured for.

For some reason I started looking at smaller touch screens then have ended up purchasing one. This screen will go into the control panel which you can touchscreen rocketlauncher from.

There is a "listener" windows application that runs on your server (arcade) which uses all of the RL broadcast system.

This is also hooked up to Hyperspin theme changes to do something there, the listener app could be used for a marquee display for example.

Webadmin on the arcade (windows 10), RaspberryPi + Touch in control panel (could be any device that can connect to the admin)

http://www.rlauncher.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3300&d=1617379219

-------------------------

Just putting feelers out there as I work on it. If want to use it yourself etc we can get some builds up.

Cheers

Attachments

• webadmin.jpg
    webadmin.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 11
  • arcadelistener.jpg
    arcadelistener.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: