RetroFE with Rocketlauncher

beenq

Hi all , could really do with some help !!! , so ive been a hyperspin user for years and decided i love the approach retrofe takes , ive got everything pointing to my artwork , roms etc. the problem im having is when trying to launch a Rom , rocket launcher gives me an invalid mode when l;ooking for the rom. Rocketlauncher will load everything from the UI and still works with hyperspin , Launchbox does anybody have any idea whats going on.

Have done a bit more messing and moved further forwards (slightly) so rlauncher is looking for a databases folder within retrofe (which by default is called meta) changed that folder name to Databases. This still didnt work until i created a seperate folder in databases (for example Sega Genesis) and dropped the xml into that folder. Once that part was done rlauncher test box pops up with the rom name in bottom box , i have to type Sega Genesis in the top box and boom the rom loads!!!!! , seems really backward at the moment (im missisng something simple surely) , im nearly there but damn im going bog eyed with this lol

Last edited:

beenq

Ok sorted it , nothing to do with Rocketlauncher , i hadnt got the correct argument setup within RetroFe config. i used this below and now everysystem ive setup works perfectly

-s "%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%" -r "%ITEM_FILEPATH%" -p RetroFE -f "%RETROFE_EXEC_PATH%"

im also assuming (but not tried it) if i setup rocketlauncher.conf correctly i wouldnt have to do every system seperatley , let you know how that one goes lol

tonesmalone

RL Member
Good you got it sorted.

No need for conf per system. There is a system name variable available from RetroFE. You just need one rocketlauncher.conf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro