Rocketlauncher launching real console

PRM

RL Member
Hi

After a very long time building this, I have successfully used Rocketlauncher to launch a PS2 and XBox console.
All in a custom built case and using only one controller (Logitech Dual Shock 2 wireless PS2 controller) to control the PC, XBox and PS2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z-Boqz-tQY

Software used:
Rocketlauncher
Kodi frontend with Xperience1080 skin
XBox with UnleashX dashboard
PlayStation 2 with FMCB and OPL

Hardware used:
PlayStation 2 slim
XBox with mod chip
Numato Relay module with GPIO
YPbPr component to HDMI converter
HDMI auto switcher
Logitech Dual Shock 2 wireless PS2 controller
Controller adapter (PS2 to XBox and PC USB)
5V PSU
12V PSU
12V to 8.5V converter (for PS2 power)

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That's pretty cool, I'd be interested on hearing some more details about setting up Xbox specifically.

PRM

RL Member
That's pretty cool, I'd be interested on hearing some more details about setting up Xbox specifically.

First you need some way to power on the console. I used a USB controlled 3.3v GPIO attached to a transistor across the power switch. Then use the rocketlauncher module to control this. This will vary on what GPIO module you have.

Then you just need to send an FTP command to the XBox.

I use FlashFXP as the FTP client, (set up as the emulator in rocketlauncher).
In FlashFXP save a profile for logging into the XBOX with the folling info:
Site name: xbox
Address:192.168.1.10 (or whatever your one is)
Password: xbox
Port: 21

In the Rocketlauncher module have one of these switches depending on the dashboard you use:

;Evox Dashboard
;switch = -raw="execute F:\games\%romname%\default.xbe"
;UnleashX Dashboard
switch = -raw="SITE EXEC F:\games\%romname%\default.xbe"

"F:\games\%romname%\" this will change depending on where your games are stored on the XBox. Romname is the name of the folder each game is in. I created a list of .txt documents as my roms list.

Then simply execute a run command.
Run(executable . " xbox " . switch, emuPath)

Executable is FlashFXP, xbox is FlashFXP profie with xbox address, switch is the FTP command for specific dashboard and includes path to the game.

Hope this makes sense.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Yeah it does. Nice, the part I wasn't figuring out was how you managed to power on the console that's probably the tricky part sounds like a good DYI project for some day (if my Xbox is still working :)).

So you used a relay module with GPIO? I thought Numato's were all 5V? Since I have a couple Arduinos around I guess I could use that with a simple relay module that would certainly be cheaper.