RocketLauncher v1.1.0.6

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
*** All users should rename their fade sounds located on RocketLauncher\Media\Fade\ folders to follow the naming convention: Loading start*.mp3 and Loading complete*.mp3 for sounds to be played on normal fade screens. 7z extracting*.mp3 and 7z complete*.mp3 for sounds to be played on fade extraction screens. '*' represents any string defined by the user.

This release gives the ability for users to write custom code that can be launched at certain points in
any module (only ones rewritten to support classes from 1/23/2016 and later)
Open the updated Lib\UserFunctions (Example).ahk for additional info. In a future update, I plan to copy the PCLauncher settings to all systems. No ETA on this.

Also in this release, all class-based modules now support the updated global/system/rom settings method. This means that settings are now read in this priority order: Rom -> System -> Global. So if a setting is not found in the Rom ini, it looks for it in the System ini, still not found, will look in the Global ini. No longer will RL look for all settings in a single ini if the file exists. Again this is ONLY for the class-based modules.

This is the static placement of module inis in each module folder:

• GlobalModuleIni := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"
  • SystemModuleIni := modulePath . "\" . systemName . ".ini"
  • RomModuleIni := modulePath . "\" . systemName . "\" . dbName . ".ini"

Example:

• Global ini: C:\RocketLauncher\Modules\RetroArch\RetroArch.ini
  • System Ini: C:\RocketLauncher\Modules\RetroArch\Atari 2600.ini
  • Rom ini: C:\RocketLauncher\Modules\RetroArch\Atari 2600\Adventure (USA).ini

Note: Module settings (ISD) do not necessarily support all these settings. It is up to the module author to add support for all those inis if they are needed for the module. Most modules do NOT need that granular of a setting hierarchy. But RL does support it nonetheless.

2016/05/17

• Control.ahk (Class) updated to v1.2
    • Added GetPos method

2016/05/15

• 7z.ahk updated to v1.0.8
    • Fixed wrong romname sent when Match Extension is enabled and Delete Temp is false

2016/05/14

• Emulator class initial release
  • Fade.ahk updated to v1.1.8
    • Added support for PostLoad()
  • MiscUtils.ahk (Class) updated to v1.1
    • Added a couple new functions
  • User Functions (Example).ahk updated
    • Added 4 new functions that can be called from any module at certain points. This is the same as PCLauncher PreLaunch/PostLaunch/PostExit scripts, but on a global basis for every module.

2016/05/13

• RocketLauncherUI updated to v1.0.1.4
    • Added support for the new Error_Sounds setting
    • Updated some default values for Fade
    • Updated included Fade Profiles
    • Fixed bug in URL parser on module info form causing URLs with ; character not to work

2016/05/12

• Process.ahk (Class) updated to v1.3
    • Fixed double log triggering on Process method
  • StringUtils.ahk (Class) updated to v1.4
    • Added ParsePCTitle method
  • Steam.ahk updated to v1.0.3
    • Steam now reports when it's not isntalled and will not attempt to launch it if it is not
  • CustomFunction class initial release

2016/05/09

• RIniFile class initial release
  • Shared.ahk updated to v1.4.5
    • Changes to support new Rini Class for all class-based modules

2016/05/07

• RocketLauncher updated to v1.1.0.6
    • Fixed exception when debug console enabled
    • Fixed missing ini keys not being written to file
    • Updated some default Fade settings
    • Removed ModuleIniFileFinder class lib as it is no longer used
    • Added CustomFunction Class which is ran from all modules that were rewritten to be class-based
  • RocketLauncher.ahk (Class) updated to v1.6
    • Fixed getFullPathFromRelative triggering exception when there are none
  • Fade Animations.ahk updated to v1.2.2
    • Fixed fade mp3 sound bug.

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
am i crazy or were the sounds already named like that in the default folder within the fade folder? i can hear loading complete and i didn't change anything

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Depends on your settings. You may not have to do anything if its working fine for you already. We added support for additional set of sounds to differentiate extraction vs loading.

2016/05/18
* Pause.ahk updated to v1.2.3
- Fixed jpg supported images bug

Brolly, the index is broken, if you get a chance, can you push live the fixed one if I don't get to it before you?

Krakerman

RL Member
Getting errors on updating tonight! Getting alot of ini hash check failed. So I did the latest update this morning before going to work and went just fine but when I got home from work noticed 64 new updates but when I went to update it randomly will come up with a ini hash check failed on the different module updates and just fail to download.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yea I just said that above.. Just got home, it's fixed now.

intigod

RL Member
Yea I just said that above.. Just got home, it's fixed now.

Haven't updated rlauncher in a while as I'm busy with other things (life kids etc).
I still like to read about where this program is going and what new features are around the corner.

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your hard work. !! :D

Krakerman

RL Member
Sorry wasn't sure if that's what you meant by index (now I know went from 65 to just 2 updates hahaha) ... thanks for fixing!

Last edited:
Still can't load Pinball FX2 without it continually asking for SteamLaunch, need EncryptPasswords
Works fine on my current setup 1.0.0.7 but every update since is not working.
Am I missing something ??

Thanks

tonesmalone

RL Member
Still can't load Pinball FX2 without it continually asking for SteamLaunch, need EncryptPasswords
Works fine on my current setup 1.0.0.7 but every update since is not working.
Am I missing something ??

Thanks

Have you tried running EncryptPasswords again - just to set it again?

Hi, Yes i just tried that and still get error, but I dont want to use Steam at all.
Is there a way to bypass it looking for Steam.
I have set it up per module info to not want to use Steam and just boot into the table.
Thats what my current version does.
Also Pinball arcade doesn't work either, is it a pinball thing ? :)

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Hi, Yes i just tried that and still get error, but I dont want to use Steam at all.
Is there a way to bypass it looking for Steam.
I have set it up per module info to not want to use Steam and just boot into the table.
Thats what my current version does.
Also Pinball arcade doesn't work either, is it a pinball thing ? :)

This is not the thread to ask for help with problems. If you have a problem with a module, please create your own thread if one does not exist already that addressed it. FYI though, PFX launches fine here and it does not use the steam version.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
2016/05/22

• RocketLauncher updated to v1.1.0.7
    • Fixed bug where defining a relative path to a module in an emulators ini was not being converted to absolute properly
  • Emulator.ahk (Class) updated to v1.1
    • Adjusted __New log order to be before Process
    • Will now error if you try to create an emulator object when skipchecks is set to skip the emulator and no path was also provided
  • File.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5
    • Adjusted __New log order to be immediate
  • Process.ahk (Class) updated to v1.4
    • Adjusted __New log order to be before File
  • RocketLauncher.ahk (Class) updated to v1.7
    • getFullPathFromRelative will now allow usage when just the relativePath is absolute in case the basePath needs to be tacked on as well
  • StringUtils.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5
    • IsRelative method returns no value instead of 0 when a path is not relative

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
2016/05/24

• Process.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5
    • Added option to use RunWait with RunDirect function

2016/05/23

• Window.ahk (Class) updated to v1.2
    • Added titleMode option to some of the methods

gStAv

Supporter
RL Member
Hi! Thanks for this awesome tool! :D
I'm about to set all my emus up in RL now. Tried to update inside RLUI on v1.0.1.4 but no
new updates was found :( Guess a bit have changed since then till RocketLauncher v1.1.0.6

Have I missed any settings?

Thanks

/Gustav

gStAv

Supporter
RL Member
hehe *insert blush smiley here* :D Ok. Got it pal!

Now when I re-launched RL I also got the update!
A bit strange as I restarted it yesterday without any update message. Seemed like it needed a hard reset to make it make it work :D :D Now on RL 1.1.10

Thanks

/Gustav

brolly

Administrator
Developer
There's nothing strange about it, there was a new update pushed live a couple of hours ago.