• All log entries now use Log class
    • Refactored lib for future upgrades
  • Pause.ahk updated to v1.2.17
    • All log entries now use Log class
  • 7z.ahk updated to v1.1.4
    • Added is7zExtension method

2017/01/15

• Fade.ahk updated to v1.2.2
    • Fixed bug with Front End not resuming process when an error occurred and RL had to end early

2017/01/11

• File.ahk (Class) updated to v1.6.4
    • Added GetVersion method
  • Shared.ahk updated to v1.5.1
    • StartModule() now handles when roms are found by extension and no longer reverts romName to dbName.

2017/01/05

• RocketLauncher.ahk (Class) updated to v1.7.6
    • Added all XML read/write DLL wrapper methods

2017/01/04

• Process.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5.3
    • Added ProcessClose and ProcessWaitClose methods
  • Bezel.ahk updated to v1.2.10
    • HideWindowDecorators was being called with the wrong variable for multi screen bezels

2017/01/03

• StringUtils.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5.5
    • Defaulting TitleCase parameter in Lower and Upper functions
  • RocketLauncher.dll updated to v1.1.0.0
    • Updated to use .NET 4.0
    • Added several new methods to handle XML reading/writing using XPath expressions

2017/01/02

• RocketlauncherUI, HyperSpin and HyperPin plugins (version 1.0.2)
    • Added support for xml game name search using either escaped or unescaped xml invalid characters on the database files.
  • ArchiveFile.ahk (Class) initial release
  • FileUtils.ahk (Class) initial release
  • XmlFile.ahk (Class) initial release

2016/12/18

• ArrayUtils.ahk (Class) initial release
  • LocaleUtils.ahk (Class) initial release
    • Moved i18n method here

2016/12/02

• RocketLauncher.ahk (Class) updated to v1.7.5
    • Added new getFileInfo method

2016/11/28

• RocketLauncher.dll updated to v1.0.1.1
    • Fixed bug causing pdf conversion to fail on fails containing the % on their name
    • Added new getFileInfo method

2016/11/25

• Pause.ahk updated to v1.2.16
    • Fix for bug on pause media object construction that in under circumstances caused items on pause submenus to be incompletely defined.
    • Fix for pause video start when pause menu launches directly to the video menu.

2016/11/23

• Shared.ahk updated to v1.5.0
    • Added translation of Open and Start to StartModule() so it is no longer needed on each module it's needed in
    • Removed i18n function in favor of MiscUtils class method
  • MiscUtils.ahk (Class) updated to v1.1.3
    • TaskBar method now supports i18n translations from \Data\Language\Localization.ini so hiding of taskbar button should now hide it for non-english systems
    • Localization.ini updated
    • Added translations for "Start"

2016/11/22

• Pause.ahk updated to 1.2.15
    • Extra logs added.
  • LaunchBox, RocketlauncherUI, HyperSpin and HyperPin plugins (same version as before)
    • Updated wrong CRC values
  • Xhotkey.ahk updated to 1.0.6 and XHotKeyInit.ahk updated to 1.0.4
    • Improved Keyboard hotkey code

2016/11/21

• Pause.ahk updated to 1.2.14
    • Added customizable pause main menu labels for Change Disc
    • *** Users need to include the new Change Disc label to the pause main menu labels field or follow the warning instructions in their logs to adapt their settings to the newly added customizable Change Disc label feature.
    • Added log warnings for possible errors on the pause main menu labels definition.
    • Removed statistics menu extra leading double quote on game statistics and trailing double quote on average time played.

2016/11/19

• RocketLauncher.ahk (Class) updated to v1.7.4
    • Refactored some functions
  • File.ahk (Class) updated to v1.6.3
  • CLR_L.ahk (extension) updated

2016/11/18

• LaunchBox plugin updated to v1.0.3 and RocketlauncherUI, HyperSpin and HyperPin plugins updated to 1.0.1
    • Fixed bug on database search for games with apostrophe in their names
  • Pause.ahk updated to 1.2.13
    • Fixed bug on the help text placement and size calculation
    • Added support for help text bottom and right margins
    • Fixed bug with pause menu logos not being properly parsed
    • Added support for pause menu logos at game, system and default levels. They all share the RocketLauncher default media structure, for example, the pause menu logos for an specific game should be located at: RocketLauncher\Media\Pause\Menu Logos\SystemName\GameName\Artwork - Selected.png
    • *** Adding support for the extra pause menu logo folders require to the users to move their previous pause menu logos location to the following folder: RocketLauncher\Media\Pause\Menu Logos\_Default

2016/11/15

• RocketLauncher updated to v1.2.0.1
    • Added support for PropertiesFile Class
    • Changed log about missing user functions from Warning to Info
    • Adjusted behavior and logging during launches where a frontend path is supplied but not found
    • Archive extensions now get automatically added into the romExtensions when 7z is enabled so they don't need to be defined for each system
    • Added new setting: 7z_Extensions - The supported archive extensions RocketLauncher will search for when 7z is enabled. These extensions do not need to be added to the emulator's extension list as they will automatically be added to the front of searched extensions only when 7z is enabled for that system.
  • StringUtils.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5.4
  • Shared.ahk updated to v1.4.9
    • Fixed module header in log from not showing correct MAuthor, MSystem, MURL and MID

2016/11/12

• PropertiesFile.ahk (Class) initial release
  • DemulShooter.ahk (Class) updated to v1.0.1
    • Fixed parameters string construction on Launch method
  • Process.ahk (Class) updated to v1.5.2
    • Automatically add leading space to params when constructing the parameters string, right now user was forced to type a leading space in params which was confusing

2016/11/11

• File.ahk (Class) updated to v1.6.2
    • Added GetSize method

2016/11/10

• Pause.ahk updated to v1.2.12
    • Fixed bug avoiding the user to disable the save and load state pause menus

RocketLauncherUI Update:

2017/01/17

• RocketLauncherUI updated to v1.0.1.10
  • Added support for DemulShooter setting
  • Added button to cancel a running game audit
  • Split the existing "Clear Old Data" checkbox into 3 different on the system creation wizard, also improved their descriptions to make it clearer what each one will do. Media and Database deletion are now disabled by default
  • Added support for Help_Right_Margin and Help_Bottom_Margin settings on Pause.ini
  • Added support for the new 7z_Extensions setting
  • Refactored auditing to take the 7z_Extensions setting into consideration

Last edited:

baliku

Hi, thx for this update !!!

-I've tried the integration or Demulshooter in RL and it's work fine with Demul5.8.2 in SEGA NAOMI system :elefant: but it doesn't work with Demul5.8.2 in SAMMY ATOMISWAVE System and with Sega M2 emulator : when I exit the M2game I've a Process of demul shooter still opened...

-Besides, when I shoot off the screen it clicks on win (bottom left) and loose the focus of Demul or Model2. This isn't happen with mame or supemodel...

Anyone could say me why?
thx

Last edited:

josequervo21

First off. like to thank you guy's for all the hard work you guy's do for us. Second i recently bought an ROG 860 and attempted to download the newest version of HyperSpin and RocketLauncher, but for some reason it keeps giving me the Changelog.txt hash check failed error... Is there anyway that i can fix that at the moment? I have attempted all my sources to see if i could find an answer but it just shows or tells me the process of downloading everything which i already know. Can i get some help please? thanks again guy's you are all doing great!

tonesmalone

RL Member
Also having the fail hash check error with xm7dash (Example).ini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Are you still getting that problem now tonesmalone? Because I just deleted that file and ran the updater and got no errors at all.

g00glethis1

RL Member
I'm new to this community, just wanted to give thanks to all of the people who sink in their knowledge, effort, & time into this on going evolving project. I am very impressed in what a community like this can accomplish. I'm really enjoying HyperSpin + RocketLauncher despite the fact I still can't figure out why the joystick/Xbox one controller has issues with the front end, but that's not the reason why I'm posting. Anytime I run into problems with a software environment that perplex me, I'm compelled to immerse myself into that environment to gain further knowledge, such as understanding & learning the inner workings of this interesting duet of programs.

There are hundreds of high/low level computer programming languages out there. I want to learn more...I've managed to teach myself a lot about HTML, Java, flash, etc , which is probably nothing compared to actual programming language...

So where does one start..... C++? VB Studio? Etc?

To the People who are involved in this project, are they any programs you could mention or reference material I could study to learn more about this field? College classes or self-taught recommendations?

Rompecock

Hello there to all, i'm new here, i'm trying to do my set up with rocketlauncher and hyperspin, i've been trying so hard this whole week to get it to work, read here and there that is better to install hyperspin and rocketlauncher in a external HDD, I bought the HDD, I downloaded the files and follow several tutorials to how do so and no luck!!!

All the time i open RocketLauncherUI after of the unzipping, works fine, it upgrades and i can do the basic configurations, after i close it and try to reopen it, it gives me "Event ID 59 SideBySide Error" and it doesn't open anymore. Always gives me SideBySide Error, I checked the View Event report and this is what it says:

Activation context generation failed for "K:HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\RocketLauncherUI.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "K:HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\RocketLauncherUI.exe.config" on line 0. Invalid Xml Syntax

It's been over 20 times trying to do it, following many video tutorials and still nothing. PLEASE HELP, how can i fix my problem??

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
This is not a thread for help.

If you bought a HDD with stuff that's free, then that's not our problem. Goto your seller and ask him to fix your issues.

dgrace

RL Member
Hi, thx for this update !!!

-I've tried the integration or Demulshooter in RL and it's work fine with Demul5.8.2 in SEGA NAOMI system :elefant: but it doesn't work with Demul5.8.2 in SAMMY ATOMISWAVE System and with Sega M2 emulator : when I exit the M2game I've a Process of demul shooter still opened...

-Besides, when I shoot off the screen it clicks on win (bottom left) and loose the focus of Demul or Model2. This isn't happen with mame or supemodel...

Anyone could say me why?
thx

I'm having similar issues. Also, Sega Model 2 games work flawlessly via RLUI. Sega Naomi/Sega Atomiswave/Hikari games? Not so much. A little buggy. For some reason when you load the game through Rocketlauncher the controls settings automatically go back to default blank, meaning there's no assigned keys for player 1 and 2 coin and start; making it impossible to enter a coin and start. It's weird. And once Demulshooter is loaded you can't change the settings in Demul.

Sometimes it lets you. Sometimes it doesn't. If anyone figures that out please let me know. It doesn't look like the Dolphin Emulator and PC Games Emulator in RLUI have the Demulshooter option in the emulator settings like Sega Model 2, Sega Naomi, Atomiswave, Hikari. (i.e. for Wii Railshooter games and PC games and Taito TypeX games like HOTD3, Silent Hill Arcade game, etc. that work when using Demulshooter outside of RLUI). Maybe on the next update?:)

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Just wanted to confirm the pause logo bit. Sorry for just now updating... I read that I needed to manually create the pause folder within the media folder and I need to place the logos in that folder. Which path are we referring to that needs to move? Also do we need to move the folder or just copy the contents and place them in the new folder as well? Would love the direct path of which I need to get the content. Thank you!

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
just read the changeLog.txt file at your RL folder.
All info that you need is there.

dgrace

RL Member
just read the changeLog.txt file at your RL folder.
All info that you need is there.

Should we expect any RocketLauncher updates in the near future? If so, if there is any way you could add Demulshooter support to Dolphin and PCLauncher, that would be awesome. I know it's already available for Sega Model 2 and Demul (which is great). Thanks

Potts43

RL Member
Just wanted to confirm the pause logo bit. Sorry for just now updating... I read that I needed to manually create the pause folder within the media folder and I need to place the logos in that folder. Which path are we referring to that needs to move? Also do we need to move the folder or just copy the contents and place them in the new folder as well? Would love the direct path of which I need to get the content. Thank you!
I've still not done this. Did you manage to suss out what to do?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

clads92

Hello, thank you for this post, i'm currently in version 1.2.0.0 (French Win7) and when I lauch emulator Windows Logo appears, I believe I've read with the version 1.2.0.1 the problem is fixed, bt i didn't see the link to download, can please someone help me ?

Edit → Updagte from RLUI done it works now

Last edited:

DukeRom

Where is the full download for this version, or even for 1.2.0.0? The only links I can find in the Download section are for a very very old version. I'm trying to automate deployment of RL in building frontends, so updating from the UI isn't really an option...