Rpcs3

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Does anyone want to figure out how to get RPCS3 (ps3 emu) working? It can play ps3 games, and I'd like to make a module for it but do not have time to figure out how to convert an iso to the pkg format to play on the emu as it doesn't look like it supports iso yet. I do not have time to waste in fiddling with this as other RL/site related things need my attention, but I just saw some videos and 3D games work great in it, so I think a module should be made for RL.

So far it looks like you can mount the iso, copy the USRDIR folder to the emu folder like this:
RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\NAME_OF_GAME

When you run the emu, you will see the game in the list. I tried Sonic but I got a USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN failed error.

It does not look like any CLI is supported yet. I was hoping something like CLI to run one of the games in that list would be accepted but I don't see anything like that.

Looks like you goto Config -> Virtual File System Manager and set hdd0 to any folder you want that can contain your extracted game and when the emu restarts, it will show the game in the list. The home folder must exist as well though.J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3\game
J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3\game\GAME1\USRDIR...
J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3\home

Then the rpcs3.new.ini looks like this:

[vfs]
mount[0]=/dev_hdd0/
count=6
device[0]=0
device_path[0]=
hdd_count=0
path[0]=J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3

I'm thinking creating a symbolic link or something to the mounted iso image may work.

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Wowza you probably need a super computer to run it. Mine can barely run ps2. I'm watching this in case it's better optimized then ps2

Tapatalk signature

joec3109

RL Member
Out of curiosity, did anything ever come of this DJ? Saw some recent videos showing some impressive progress from RPCS3, and was wondering if RL would ever implement it.

joec3109

RL Member
Yea. Seeing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown run at 45 FPS was pretty cool to see, think they are making some strides.

mccorkled

RL Member
The emulator works fine. All of my games are already extracted and not ISOs.

Place the games in Sony Playstation 3\dev_hdd0\game\Game Name Folder

Re open the emulator and the game is there. Double click the icon and the game boots. Obviously not all games are working.

RPCS3 v0.0.1-4-2

kyo3000

RL Member
There's no CLI support.
I set <EmuPath>\dev_hdd0\game\ as my 7z extract (current working games are small anyways)
I made a ghetto module that opens the emu and sends keyboard shortcuts to load the game then go full screen.
Works but isn't pretty, lol

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I haven't kept up with this emu at all, and the first post was probably the last time I played with the emu. So I take it there has been little progress in making this more FE friendly?

kyo, sometimes that's what we have to settle with :)

joec3109

RL Member
Hoping you could share that module as well, would be great to add a couple of the working ones to the setup

psmiraglia

RL Member
+1 Kyo. This will be appreciated. I'm, in fact, trying to get a module working for NekoII, and I coul duse this one as a reference. thanks in advance

solipsist1234

RL Member
I found that the command
Code:
rpcs3.exe D:\Hyperspin\emulators\rpcs3\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30034\USRDIR\BOOT.BIN
runs the game.

You can run this command with the pclauncher.
You can run the following AHK script as Postlaunch to make the window fullscreen

WinWait, FPS:, , 200
Send !{enter}

Unfortunately, when you replace the directory to another location, or rename the directory, the game doesn't work anymore. This emulator is in alpha phase ;)

On some games i also get the usrdir/boot.bin failed error.
it cannot read the file. Perhaps it needs to be decrypted, i don't know yet :)

Last edited:

mccorkled

RL Member
mar2017_compatA.png

mar2017_compatB.png

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
I found that the command
Code:
rpcs3.exe D:\Hyperspin\emulators\rpcs3\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30034\USRDIR\BOOT.BIN
runs the game.

You can run this command with the pclauncher.
You can run the following AHK script as Postlaunch to make the window fullscreen

WinWait, FPS:, , 200
Send !{enter}

Unfortunately, when you replace the directory to another location, or rename the directory, the game doesn't work anymore. This emulator is in alpha phase ;)

On some games i also get the usrdir/boot.bin failed error.
it cannot read the file. Perhaps it needs to be decrypted, i don't know yet :)

Sorry I'm mental. Where do I put the command line in rocketlauncher again? I have pc launcher labeled as ps3 and I go to add a game. Do I paste the code above in a certain field? do I need to fill in any other fields?

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
ok, here is what worked for me...

1. went to note pad and pasted this
rpcs3.exe "E:\Arcade-PC\hyperspin\Emulators\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30431-Dragon Ball Raging Blast\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
2. saved as a .bat file
3. set up pc launcher and set up game loading application "bat file that I created"

Now i'm having a hard time getting this to go to full screen. I created the post launch file as you suggested but it doesn't do anything. I can see that if I click on the screen behind the nag front end, I can manually press alt enter to make it go full screen but I don't think your post script is working correctly? Does anyone have a way to make this go full screen in front of the emulator UI? This feels very similar to citra front end for what its worth. Also i'm finding I cant close using my exit key in rocketlauncher. When I close it manually, I see the bat file still open and the post launch script file open. how do I close those with the app?

Last edited:

mccorkled

RL Member
You can troubleshoot all these issues, or just wait for the module. As cool as it is to play PS3 games, it sounds like you're mostly using the keyboard to get them running anyways. Just play the games, the module will come. Hopefully sooner than later which is why I posted the stats

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Nah I use a controller. I am trying to get the post script to work. If I manually press alt enter, it works. I guess I may add a hot let manually for that on my controller. If it would just list alt enter, it would be seamless I think.

hestoyjarto

RL Member
djvj, remember I sent you a working module for RCPS3 long time ago. I'm pretty sure it will work with new versions (or it will need short mods to do it).
The module, obviously, doesn't need .bat files per game, but you need to configure file or folder per game in RocketLauncher interface (is the best solution I found because there are different options or folder needed to launch games).

Last versions of the emu solved the worst problem (my personal point of view) for using in RocketLauncher, and you don't need to select different firmware libreries per game... emu does automatically :)

Emu is increasing its compatibilty en each version since the project is in patreon like CEMU.

compatB_apr2017.png

compatA_apr2017.png

I think is a good moment to make a good module ^^

You have my help and support if you want ;-)