Rpcs3

slashin8r

RL Member
Hey everyone, it has been a while. I have been creating my own game using unreal engine so haven't had much time to work on this module.

Geordiedean1974 said:
How do you run PSN games through RL if they are pkg files? and also i get some games to boot and yet others says no rom found in usrdir check bin is an extension
PKG files must first be installed using the emulator (I think they can be extracted too) and then you set them up the same way as you do for disc games.

PsyKos said:
Thanks for this module, it works perfectly ! However, the game folder is not deleted in the "dev_hdd0\game" folder. Thank you in advance.
The 7zCleanUp() function should be taking care of this for you. As long as your 7z settings have removal enabled, it should remove anything that was extracted during the process.

mccorkled

RL Member
Hey everyone, it has been a while. I have been creating my own game using unreal engine so haven't had much time to work on this module.

Any chance you could add ISO support? The RPCS3 guys said that they do not plan to add it but if someone implemented it they would add it in. Fortunately RL supports virtual drives and mounting images. This would be a great way get away from the txt dummy files for auditing and launching.

ci2own

RL Member
I have setup the RPCS3.ini file to store the module specific settings. I am confident that this module is ready to go and therefore is now version 1.1.0.

I have attached an archive containing all necessary files for the module. Edit the RPCS3.ini file to your liking before running as certain options are not turned off by default (archiving PPU and DATA files).

Updated the notes section. Settings file includes comments for the variables. Overall, everything is solid.

I'm using your v1.1.0 module version, and i get this error:

"Game serial not found in your RPCS3 games.yml file. If this is your first time loading this game, please check aht its game serial and path were added to the games.yml file and try running again"

My games.yml contains this two lines (i only have Virtua Tennis USA and Europe version). The games loads fine in RPCS3 emulator, but not in RL:

BLES00912: C:/Temp/Sony Playstation 3/Virtua Tennis 4 (Europe)/
BLUS30529: C:/Temp/Sony Playstation 3/Virtua Tennis 4 (USA)/

Any possible solution?
Thanks in advance!

Rantlers80

Hi, I currently have version 1.1.6 of slashin8r's module working great with RPCS3 (v0.0.13-11444), just one minor issue. About 10 seconds after loading a game I'm hit with this message from Rocketlauncher:

There was an error waiting for the window "ahk_class Q15QWindowIcon ahk_exe rpcs3". Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem.

The message goes away and I can play the game as usual, just a weird inconvenience. Any ideas on how to fix this?

slagram69

RPCS3 module v1.1.0 or v1.1.6 has the "fade in" take way too long for Rpcs3 v0.0.13,,only thing to do now is disable in RL..either way still works,,Thank you.

zokisyxx

RL Member
Hi is there a fix for that issue (ahk_class Q15QWindowIcon ahk_exe rpcs3) as i still get that error even if i disable it in RL. Thanks.

masticman

Supporter
RL Member
Try editing the module with notepad plus and find the line where it says primaryWindowClassName := "Qt5QWindowIcon" (on my module its on line 29)
Change it to primaryWindowClassName := "Qt5152QWindowIcon" and then save.
I have just updated my older emu to the latest and can confirm it works.

Last edited:

codetvirus

RL Member
Try editing the module with notepad plus and find the line where it says primaryWindowClassName := "Qt5QWindowIcon" (on my module its on line 29)
Change it to primaryWindowClassName := "Qt5152QWindowIcon" and then save.
I have just updated my older emu to the latest and can confirm it works.

Thanks, works for me.

ctindell1981

Can somebody please explain to me (in preschooler's terms) how I add disc based games to rl and get them to launch? I have added each game (only have 14) to the paths leading to "..\Blah Blah Game\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.bin", they show up green in the audit yet when I launch it complains to me about the serial number. So I go to the game in rpcs3>right-click>copy info>copy serial number>go into RLUI>click on "Sony PlayStation 3 in systems>emulators tab>click "edit global modules">rom settings>add>add "blah blah game">rigt-click in serial number and paste>close>games tab>click on game just added>launch>RLUI complains about the game. Games installed by RPCS3 launch just fine. Disc games...nada. Which brings me to this, can I just move the folder into the game directory of rpcs3 and it just work? I suppose the only way to find out is try. Just hoping someone would know from exp.

Anyhow, if anybody sees what I am doing wrong in my description of my steps...please lmk. I have attached a log.

huusjazvfoc21.jpg

or is this better?
https://pastebin.pl/view/84c87f07
Which is bad?
:D

You will see that I have named the eboot to the game's actual name (created a copy and it launches just fine with rpcs3). The reson being is because I use BigBox. For some reason, RL only shows one eboot when I keep them named like that, as for the PSN games installed to "..\Sony Playstation 3\Rpcs3\dev_hdd0\game" I am using the txt file method to launch those and have named the copied eboots after the actual game's name and they launch just fine, that is why I asked about just copying the "discs" to the install location. So I am aware of that method of launching. As for the 7z/zip method, that is out of question (for me), I can't basically double down on space and tbh, I hate waiting so I am not taking that approach. I will actually delete my disc games before I do the compressed game method.
Not sure if this is needed as well, but I am posting it to be safe.
https://pastebin.pl/view/42e59824

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
You will see that I have named the eboot to the game's actual name

That's part of your problem. You're using a crude module (the other problem) which looks for "\dev_hdd0\disc\%SERIAL%\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN". It isn't found since you renamed them, hence the error.

ctindell1981

Crude module? Is there a newer one available? I am using one I found here mid last year. In the module it says "MEmuV := "0.0.3-5405 Alpha (2017-07-23)". so is there a newer version I am missing? Edit: Found it! I understand what you are saying about location, this is the first time I have seen that disc games go to the disc folder. I will try that as well as renaming the game folder to it's actual serial number. Thank you for the clarification on that.

I am not sure if I was clear in stating why I renamed the eboots...because of the way that RL gets its information from BigBox(I assume it is the way the DB is built by BB), RL will only show one game if it uses the default eboot.bin. In the games screen when I audit, it will randomly change what game is the eboot, sometimes "Marvel Pinball", sometimes "Skullgirls Encore" etc. This is only with the installed games. THe games that I have renamed, launch fine. Honestly, I hate taking the "dirty" method but it works for me. I am gonna search for an updated module.

Edit:

I see what you are saying. I was using a very dated module and it was from further back than I original thought. Thank you. I am trying again.

Edit 2: Strange, even with only one ebot showing up in audit, I am able to launch any game from within LB/BB. When I use the dummy file method in conjunction with renaming a copy of the eboot, I am able to get all media in my fade screen as well as pass an audit, however when test launching from RLUI, it complains to me about missing an eboot (expectedly), what is strange is it even complains about the single eboot that shows up in my audit (what I mentioned above about LB/BB and its DB), however like I mentioned, I can launch any game from within LB/BB, sans game logo, rating etc.

Last edited:

omegaprimal1

RL Member
Hello Gang,

Hope all is going well. So, after a long battle with Rpcs3, i can get Rocketlauncher to to Launch my PS3 backups. I am having a little bit of a challenge though that i hope someone can lend their expertise to:

my setup is that i am Launching RPCS3 via PC launcher

https://pastebin.com/KycetWrg (pclauncher.ahk details)

from there i create a bat file within the Rpcs3 folder for each game that links to the eboot/bin file of that game
example: to run Outrun, i have a /bat file with the following code:

rpcs3.exe "E:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Sony Playstation 3\rpcs3-v0.0.16-12375-2169e8d9_win64\dev_hdd0\game\NPEB00073\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN

(As a note: i tested this BAT file by clicking on the .bat file, it loads up Rpcs3 and then launches the game full screen...all good so far)

once i cretae the bat, then i go into rocketlauncher, i specify each Rom to run the .bat file for its respective game ( i do this under the module tab, i go to Edit Global Module settings, i add the specific rom and direct the application to the bat file

Now, when i go to launch it is rocketlauncher, it opens the fade in, then shows the bat file running via the exe window. It then opens Rpcs3 and launches the game (while putting the bat file window and the Ppcs3 windows in the background behind the game)

..BUT..

the Rocketlauncher window does not minimize. SO i have the game on screen with the rocketlaucher window blocking the view of the full screen game

Not sure if this is due to config setting in RL, a setting in Rpcs3 or if this is due to an .ahk settings

(here is the .ahk file for Rpcs3)

https://pastebin.com/f6JE3CsS

Anyone happen to have any thoughts or recommendations on this ?

i was going to try to run the following AHK script as Postlaunch to make the window fullscreen

WinWait, FPS:, , 200
Send !{enter}

but i was unclear as how to do this

Help me Obi-ones, you are my only hopes

NOTE: I created the postscript for FS.AHK and put in the root of RPCS3
i added it under the module tab for each game
Games load full screen now in Rocketlauncher

When i try to run via Hyperspin, the game 'hides' behind hyperspin (like it was doing for RL)

Im hoping someone can help

Thank you

Last edited: