[SOLVED] ScummVM screen disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

smpetty

RL Member
I'm having a weird problem with ScummVM v1.7.0. Using the latest bersions of HS and RL...

I can run all games perfectly outside of HS and RL.

I can run all games perfectly from RLUI outside of HS.

When I run HS and ScummVM fullscreen, the ScummVM game starts and I can see it for several seconds. Then the ScummVM display disappears and I'm back to the HS ScummVM wheel. I can still hear the ScummVM game running in the background.

When I run HS and ScummVM in windowed mode, the ScummVM game starts and for several seconds is in front of the HS window. The HS window then moves in front of the ScummVM window. The ScummVM game continues to play.

I have tried setting HIDE FRONTEND to TRUE in the ScummVM/Settings/Main Settings/Desktop section, but both the ScummVM and the HS windows disappear and I'm left with my lifeless Desktop.

I would like to run ScummVM fullscreen, just like all of my other modules in RL. What am I doing wrong?

Scott

smpetty

RL Member
Thanks for the fast reply djvj!

I was running HS v1.4.0.0

The beta (v1.4b10) has the same problem.

Any other thoughts? I'm running 54 other systems and everything works perfectly at this point with the exception of ScummVM.

Thanks again,

Scott

smpetty

RL Member
May not be helpful, but here's a quick video of the problem...

[video]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5949750/VIDEO_20151102_085300.mp4[/video]

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Don't really have any idea what might be causing it, but if it's the only emu that it's happening on, I would think it's not the FE and more something with the emu, like a setting somewhere. Possibly try a different video driver in the emu, like switch from DX9 to D3D, or something similar, I don't recall what the emu has to chose from.

smpetty

RL Member
Don't really have any idea what might be causing it, but if it's the only emu that it's happening on, I would think it's not the FE and more something with the emu, like a setting somewhere. Possibly try a different video driver in the emu, like switch from DX9 to D3D, or something similar, I don't recall what the emu has to chose from.

Thanks for the suggestion and you were right on. The fix was to choose the openGL renderer. Works like a champ in fullscreen. :cool:

Thanks djvj!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.