Sega Saturn not working

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Anyone else having any issues with SS launching with new modules. Tried both RA and Mednafen and emulator doesn't launch in either case. RA will however launch if set to yabause core. Will post log and more info in a bit after I do some more tinkering. Just curious if anyone else was seeing this off the bat.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
No issue with Mednafen here, just launched games from all 3 regions without issue. I don't use RA and the version I have is old so I'd need to update to check that.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Disregard mednafen. Turns out I still had it set for a pre SS version. Works fine. Maybe RA needs an update to the module still or something.

Just need to get Sega Saturn Japan added as a system

mccorkled

RL Member
Did you happen to watch Simply Austin's video on setting up Mednafen for SS? He has us edit the .cfg file to cache the rom as well as change the controller. ANY editing to the .cfg makes Mednafen not open. Curious if anyone else is having this issue.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Lol no don't watch his videos, no need to =P. Mednafen works fine for me after setting it to the right version which I forgot I had set still to an older one. No I don't bother messing with the cfg file.

mccorkled

RL Member
Apparently you do have a need to, the Mednafen.exe name never changed. If you don't mess with the cfg then you are using a 3 button layout rather than a 6 which is fine if you never want to play a fighting game.

Last edited: