[SOLVED]error with the new versions of citra and mgba on the qt

Gameer54

I'm wondering what version of qt i need to put both citra and mgba cause it doesn't work with the latest build and at the moment it's set at Qt5Qwindowicon thanks for your time

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
mgba: "Qt5153QWindowIcon"

citra nightly: "Qt5157QWindowIcon"

There are ways to avoid this in the module an/or add a module setting that doesn't require editing the module.

That being said, I'm guessing here because I don't know what modules you are using or what version of the emulators you are using. In the future, please follow the protocol and post a troubleshooting log. Otherwise your posts will be ignored or deleted for lack of info for anyone o help.

Gameer54

thanks citra worked fine but mGBA was the wrong version of course i understand i forgot to put the version so here is the version i'm usng 0.11-7820 819d19ddd thanks for your time

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
I just checked the most recent mgba nightly and it uses the same WindowClass. I used 0.11-7845-17ef84804 for reference. So it's most likely an issue with your module. Post a log if you would like more assistance.

Gameer54

I just checked the most recent mgba nightly and it uses the same WindowClass. I used 0.11-7845-17ef84804 for reference. So it's most likely an issue with your module. Post a log if you would like more assistance.
I updated it to the recent build of mGBA and it worked thanks for helping me

Gameer54

Hi agent47 I have the recent build of mGBA emulator v7982 for the GameBoy Advance and it keeps crashing on rocketlauncher I think it's a module issue cause it works fine on it's own I hope you can help on this issue would be appreciated thank you for your time.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Hi agent47 I have the recent build of mGBA emulator v7982 for the GameBoy Advance and it keeps crashing on rocketlauncher I think it's a module issue cause it works fine on it's own I hope you can help on this issue would be appreciated thank you for your time.

I took a few minutes to download the newest nightly (7984) and I can confirm the module does not work with this version. It will launch games from the Qt interface of the emulator but it will not via RL, Nor CLI using the normal syntax.

I will look into this but it seems as though the CLI params have been changed (which I could not see any documentation) so that's why the module doesn't work. This is a classic example of "don't use nightly or dev builds unless you are willing to be a QA tester." If you just want games to run, use the latest stable or a validated nightly.

Gameer54

I understand I usually get the dev builds because games that didn't work before usually works with the new build but I appreciate you checking this issue for me thanks for your time

Gameer54

mgba 0.10.3 QT error in rocketlauncher what is the new version this is the stable verion and they changed the QT core version again I appreciate it if you could let me know thanks