[SOLVED] Strange behavior with Joytokey Rlauncher and Hyperspin

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder_guitarist

RL Member
After trying some troubleshooting steps I've reached a point where I'm out of ideas with this and looking to the community for some help.
My issue: When launching Hyperspin initially my joytokey keys that i have mapped to my hyperspin profile do not work, strangely, if I launch a game (any game or emulator) then come back to hyperspin, it works.

At first I thought it might have been that joytokey is not running in the background, so I created a Basic scheduled task to launch Joytokey on startup, joytokey did launch, but did not correct the issue. I'm not sure where else to look or what to try. I've looked in the logs of rlauncher and see no obvious errors. I have only set up a few basic emulators (snes, nes, gb, gbc, gba) all profiles seem to load correctly, even the front end profile will load (again, only after I have launched the first game)

Also, if it's even relevant at all, I'm using a tomee SNES replica controller via USB (I doubt it's a controller issue, though)

Any thoughts, or ideas? Happy to provide any other info as needed.

Spawk

Banned
This is known behaviour. Basically RL is not loaded till you launch a game so it cannot load any profile.

The solution is to create a profile for HS in joytokey itself (outside of RL). I am on my phone atm but there is a mini tutirial I wrote around here somewhere.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

shredder_guitarist

RL Member
oh really!? well .......I guess I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy or just technologically inept.
So I'm guessing you create a HS profile in joytokey and save it as a default config inside the joytokey dir. and then launch joytokey via scheduled task?...which then poses another issue as sometimes doing it that way joytokey scheduled task sometimes fails.
But a big YES, if you have a tutorial out there I'd love to take a look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw this post, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.