[SOLVED] Tales of Monkey Island Launcher Script Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox0786

RL Member
Hi

I wanted to request if some kind person would be willing to is make a Game launcher script for TOMI (Tales of Monkey Island Series)

The game starts with a window that then you need to click launch game

I was hoping if someone could help me out here with an AHK for the 5 chapters

Thank you

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I don't have the game, otherwise I would. Things like this are pretty simple except if the launcher uses some custom window or in-game engine to do the game selection. In which then it would be impossible or very hard to do accurately.

silverfox0786

RL Member
skidrow wink wink

or I should be able to upload mine for ya

its should be the same as the many others I seen that already have scripts

just a single click on the opening page to start the game

Screenshot%202015-05-11%2013.15.46.png

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yea that's what I thought, that type of window cannot just be scripted easily. It's not a standard windows form. I would not bother with trying to make a script for that silverfox. The only way it can be scripted is by hardcoded x/y locations and would not be reliable at all.

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
What happens if you just press enter on that screen?

I have some other pressing work, but I'll hopefully have a go at it as soon as its done.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Turranius, the other issue that would come up is how do you select the game as well, not just starting.

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
Oh right. You can select between the two. Did not see that.

We'll, I'll have a look soon enough =)

silverfox0786

RL Member
Cheers for having a look

im curious on one thing

I purchased the game back in 2009 when it first was released but now its on Steam also as a complete set

I don't want to spend another £26.99 on steam when I already have it but I would love to know how steam starts the game

and maybe we could copy the way steam launches it

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
I've never tried the steam launcher for RL so can't help there.

I'm unable to run your version too =( Crash when I launch MonkeyIsland101.exe on Windows 8.1 x64

silverfox0786

RL Member
Sorry been away a while

Thanks for looking at this

my version was the original Launch version, when they where still staggering the episode released so its prob only 32 bit compatible,

The steam version is now on Sale and I purchased the complete set, that version is a direct launch version and doesn't have the menu screen to mess about with

basically I think when it comes to TOMI and Rocketlauncher, lets just recommend people buy the Steam version

works fine with Steam Wheel Creator as well

So wel can Lay this one to rest as SOLVED by using Steam version.

BTW if anyone wants it is currently £6.99 for the complete set.

Status
Not open for further replies.