Translation related documents

alcoatjez

Supporter
RL Member
I am building a Nintendo Super Famicom set for the latest HyperSpin XML. I'm patching all games myself and most translations include notes.
Not all notes are in supported formats for Pause, Dynamic Designs for example uses the Rich Text Format. These can be easily converted to supported formats, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Is there a suggested way to name them, for example [gamename folder]\Translation Notes.pdf?
Also, is it desirable to add them to the RL Media Project?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I actually just put together a set of all the translated games out there that I could find. I used pre-patched versions though which were pretty much all marked final. Nothing had notes though.

Naming would follow standard scheme: Name (Region) (Translated En).zip

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I don't think he did a set for snes, but I could be wrong.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
I was mixed up. It is damnedregistration that did it. He had em all on the ftp, last time I had looked it was current up to like a handful of newer ones.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I only made the XML, I don't release rom sets in public forums.

alcoatjez is asking about adding the translation patch notes to RL Media though, and no don't think anyone ever did that before so you can figure a naming schema and use that.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Notes are never something we thought of including, if it's just a pdf then that name is fine. It will just show up in Pause anyways.

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
I thought most notes on there are either a text file or just a couple sentences written on the page for the patch. Most I have come across never have any notes of any kind

Not sure I see the benefit of having this viewable as 99% have no info of value other than the author talking about the things they changed.