Ultimarc WinIpac 2 Focus issues

silverfox0786

RL Member
Hey guys

been having some weird issues with how RocketLauncher handles the CMD function on Winipac

basically when winipac loads a profile before start of game emulation it pops up the main GUI of winipac for a split second and this in turn causes the game emulation screen to minimise loosing the focus

i have spoken to Andy about maybe implementing a background (minimised) command line to software so that it could be added to RLUI but alas no reply for him on it

is there any way of bypassing this issue or adding something RL to make this a minimised task

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Problem is that WinIpac2 command line support pretty much sucks big time, Andy should really put some time into fixing that and make it on par with Winipac1. You also aren't able to load a profile for editing like you can with the original Winipac, so the newer version actually has less features than the older one.
I believe djvj already reached Andy when we were adding support to WinIpac and nothing happened until now, so it's unlikely it will. Like I said before everyone interested on getting proper Winipac2 integration should email Andy about it, if he gets enough people asking him to fix that it will be more likely for him to get it done.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
Problem is that WinIpac2 command line support pretty much sucks big time, Andy should really put some time into fixing that and make it on par with Winipac1. You also aren't able to load a profile for editing like you can with the original Winipac, so the newer version actually has less features than the older one.
I believe djvj already reached Andy when we were adding support to WinIpac and nothing happened until now, so it's unlikely it will. Like I said before everyone interested on getting proper Winipac2 integration should email Andy about it, if he gets enough people asking him to fix that it will be more likely for him to get it done.

Hey brolly, I've been in contact with Andy about this and he is looking into it. So far he said that the V2 program is written in C# and that it is not possible to make it start in the background because of that. He is looking at the possibility of creating another program to do it. If anyone has any ideas I can pass them along.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That makes no sense at all, C# is definitely not to blame here you can certainly automatically start an application directly to the systray. Maybe the way he coded the application doesn't make it possible though.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
That makes no sense at all, C# is definitely not to blame here you can certainly automatically start an application directly to the systray. Maybe the way he coded the application doesn't make it possible though.

I don't think it was he that coded it, he's looking into a solution though. Hopefully he will come through.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member

Ok Andy said the version below will run directly to the systray however I get a "WinIPAC V2 has stopped working" every time I try to open it. Can you see if the same happens for you?

https://mega.nz/#!0URRWDRJ!yFeFMsp23onTiEYKcp6JYthAYuSjV_ufvur7zE71s-U

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
Scratch my previous post, I had to download the latest V2 software then replace the exe with the new one provided by Andy, link below for the new exe. That fixed the Windows error. Happy to report that this version seems to fix the focus issues!

www.ultimarc.com/WinIPAC.zip

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I don't have a v2 IPac so can't test anything, good to see the problem solved. Can you ask Andy if he can also add support to open a profile for editing through command line? The v1 software supports this (using the /edit /T command line switches), but with v2 you need to manually open it through the UI which doesn't allow for built-in integration with RLUI.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
I don't have a v2 IPac so can't test anything, good to see the problem solved. Can you ask Andy if he can also add support to open a profile for editing through command line? The v1 software supports this (using the /edit /T command line switches), but with v2 you need to manually open it through the UI which doesn't allow for built-in integration with RLUI.

Ok the change has been made! Tested and working. It works using the /edit switch. What is the /T for in V1? Doesn't work for V2. Using the following command:

winipac hyperspin.ipc /edit

Opens the WinIPAC V2 app with a note on the bottom that reads "IPC File Loaded From Command Line".

So there are three ways to start the WinIPAC V2 app.

1. Double clicking the app simply opens it
2. Sending a single parameter e.a. winipac hyperspin.ipc starts it minimized in the systray which fixes the focus issues
3. Sending a second parameter opens the app with the specified profile loaded ready for editing e.a. winipac hyperspin.ipc /edit

Per Andy: "any second parameter on the command line will cause the file to be opened and displayed". Let's get RL updated fellas!

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Ok great, I'll get RLUI updated to support opening profiles in edit mode directly then. I don't recall what does the /T parameter do, it has been a while since we added support for this, but I guess we saw it referenced somewhere in the docs. Either way if /edit is all that's needed it's fine.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
Ok great, I'll get RLUI updated to support opening profiles in edit mode directly then. I don't recall what does the /T parameter do, it has been a while since we added support for this, but I guess we saw it referenced somewhere in the docs. Either way if /edit is all that's needed it's fine.

Awesome! I'll test once implemented. Thanks!

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Yardley, is this new executable already made public? Just want to make sure I only update RLUI to support this when that happens so it won't break things for everyone else.

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
Yardley, is this new executable already made public? Just want to make sure I only update RLUI to support this when that happens so it won't break things for everyone else.

Yes according to Andy he made it the downloadable release on his site.

rfancella

Super Moderator
Supporter
RL Member
This sounds like the fix to my issue as well. Nicely done.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk