Vector settings in RLUI

joe35car

RL Member
OK I have tried every option and still can't get it to look how it does outside of RLUI. It doesn't matter if I use MAME or MAMEUIFX my vector settings work fine but when I try and launch vector games in RLUI they do not look how they do when launching MAME or MAMEUIFX. I tried editing the global modules in MAME. Tried setting to default, True, False, ini. Just can't get it to look right. I am using the GLSL Lottes shader and all games look great except the Vectors. Any help would be great.

Thanks

joe35car

RL Member
75 views and no responses? Does anyone know how to get the vector settings working in RLUI properly? I use a vector ini for the vector games and all work fine in MAME and MAMEUIFX but not when launched in RLUI.

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
There are some important module notes regarding that ini. Did you read them?

Code:
; Ini Files:
; Module will set most settings through command line which will override any settings you might have on your MAME ini files. Everything else will be read from 
; those. MAME supports a hierarchical ini file structure and will load settings from several ini files following a specific order:
;- mame.ini
;- <mymame>.ini (i.e. if MAME was renamed mame060.exe, MAME parses mame060.ini here)
;- debug.ini (if the debugger is enabled)
;- <parent>.ini (for clones only, may be called recursively)
;- <gamename>.ini
;- vertical.ini (for games with vertical monitor orientation)
;- horizont.ini (for games with horizontal monitor orientation)
;- vector.ini (for vector games only)
;- <driver>.ini (based on the source filename of the driver)

The module doesn't use that file or reference it at all otherwise. So it's on mame's side to decide to use it or not. Settings you set in the module that get sent over CLI will however override anything in those inis. That's how CLI works in most things.

joe35car

RL Member
Thanks for the explanation. So is there a way for this to work? Can I edit the MAME ini in the Module folder to get this to work? Kind of like how you can for the Magnavox games from Europe to use the Videopac bios?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I believe mame automatically will use the vector.ini for those style games, you don't control that. Maybe someone else who knows mame better can help if you can't figure out your issue.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Others have it working fine inside RLUI, it's your job to troubleshoot and figure out what the differences are.

joe35car

RL Member
Ok I finally got it working and fixed a few other things like memory leak I was getting. I'm happy now. :)

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
You should post what you did. That way if others come across the same issue it will be posted for them to see.