What Icons do we need for the RL interface?

Sub-Zero

RL Member
Since i started playing around with RL i see that a lot of stuff is missing so i want to know what needs to be made to make the default art on the interface complete.

Things i am working on:

Move List Icons
Controller Icons (new ps4 controller, Xbox One controller)
Arcade Icons (joystick, Pushbuttons)
Default Bezels Hand Held Systems (Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advanced)

what do we need to make RL complete on the media side of it, meaning default.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
This is a complex question.
Let me try to summarize what would be my ideal media pack for RL:

Logos: (usually know as wheels on HyperSpin)
- one logo for each Publisher and Developer (you can find a good list of them by just taking a look at the HS manufacturer xml tags)
- one logo for each system
- one logo for each game (the game wheels on HS)

Rating:
- one image for each possible classification rating (I believe we already have that complete)

Genre:
- one logo for each genre. Right now we have the HS genres list complete, but the complete genre list is much bigger than that. Anyone can use this list as a starter point for a more comprehensive games genres list: http://pastebin.com/4rACHphA

Moves List:
- At least one icon for each key code found on the command dat project.

MultiGame:
- Disc and cart art for each of the multiple disc games out there.

Backgrounds:
- at least one background for each system to be used on pause, multigame, rom mapping and fade screens.
Actually, the fade layer 1 background should be placed on the backgrounds folder in order to be used not only on fade but also on the pause and others menus whenever its possible. If you do that you just need to set on the fade settings the option "use backgrounds" to "true" and the backgrounds will work on fade just as they were placed on the fade media folder.

Bezels:
- one default bezel for each system (the complete list of systems supported on RL can be approximated by taking look at RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Media\Icons, for sure this list is huge, but at least the most common systems should have a bezel following the console or arcade art design).
The bezel should be preferable independent of the monitor aspect ratio. This means that it shouldn't be made following your monitor screen orientation. Think about design the bezel in two parts, the first one is the actual bezel, the thing that is around your game screen. The bezel does not need to follow any predefined aspect ratio (take for example the default PSP bezel). The second part is the background that combines seamless with this bezel, even if you are using different aspect ratio canvas (4:3, 16:9 or 16:10 for example). These two parts should be saved separated on two different files beginning with the word "bezel" and "background" respectively. These files shoudl be named exactly except for these words, for example, "Bezel - default (Sub-Zero).png" and "Background - default (Sub-Zero).png".

Fade:
- for each system: one background (layer 1.png or the file on the backgrounds media folder), one background overlay (not required for all systems but it works well for consoles, layer 2.png), one now loading message using the console font (layer 3) and one loading animation (layer 4 (*).png).

These are the few things that I can remember right now :)
We already have ton of stuff made, and partially organized on the emumovies ftp.

Last edited:

Sub-Zero

RL Member
The Publisher and Developer logos are all being made, and it's almost complete in AI files too.
as for the title logo's (arcade i have all the big logos on my Google drive 500+ and redrawn. i will play around with them to se what is a good standard size for all on Pauze (think across the screen ;) )

Move list (working on)

Bezels (working on that too and releasing PSD's here are a few for preview (NOTE THAT ALL LAYERS ARE SEPARATED)

xQueEmS.png

xQueEmS.png

xtRoJvQ.png

eUx0y5D.png

AuMYVoc.png

QSUpHZE.png

x0WF6Sm.png

gcqKI0x.png

QTqEUAQ.png

xIy4xLE.png

b5sBh31.png

9R9VAbe.png