With ahk mapping two keys are pressed simultaneously

cnterr

RL Member
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a simple ahk profile with mappings between two keys, the first assigned in JoyToKey and second to emulator, but I always end up getting the simultaneous pressing of the two keys in question.
For example, if I create a mapping like this one:

c::z
z::x

Pressing the z key will send both the z key and the x key input to the emulator, thus performing two actions simultaneously. This is easily solved by assigning an unassigned key in JoyToKey to the emulator, such as:

c::b
z::x

The problem, however, is that the keyboard shortcuts are not editable, so if I also assign, for example, a different function to CTRL like:

Ctrl::x

In any case, both the CTRL key and the x key input will arrive at the emulator already activating the CTRL-x hotkey, if then moreover, you were to press a function key assigned to another controller button at the same time (eg c) an involuntary CTRL + C would be also activated.

Is there a way to "hide" JoyToKey input from the emulator and leave all management to the ahk script?

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Is there a way to "hide" JoyToKey input from the emulator and leave all management to the ahk script?

Yes, disable JoyToKey as a keymapper. You're using 2 keymappers and are surprised that keys are conflicting?

cnterr

RL Member
Yes, using two keymappers is exactly what I need, however I solved it, in reality only normal keys are "pressed" by both JoyToKey and Autohotkey, function keys like CTRL once assigned by the ahk script no longer have any effect if "pressed" by JoyToKey ".