Working module for Demul

zatarra76

Hi, I'm new here, please be kind.
I searched everywhere but I can't find a working module for Demul 0.7.
Launching a game from Rocket Launcher works but when I exit rocketlauncher.exe is still running and I have to kill the process with the task manager.
I read somewhere in this forum that the problem is the module, but I cannot find an updated version that works.
I tried different releases of Demul 0.7 but all have the same issue.
I use rocket launcher with hyperspin (but I don't think it's relevant since the issue is the same launching the game through rocket launcher UI).
Could you please help me?
Is there a valid alternative to Demul for Naomi/Naomi2/Atomiswave emulation? I can switch to another emulator if performance and compatibility are the same.
Thanks!

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
This is an old bug I fixed a while ago but when the site changed hosts the module and any links were lost. When I have time I will check my repo and test it against recent versions to make sure it still works.

I'll post a link to a working module afterwards.

zatarra76

This is an old bug I fixed a while ago but when the site changed hosts the module and any links were lost. When I have time I will check my repo and test it against recent versions to make sure it still works.

I'll post a link to a working module afterwards.
Thanks, I will be looking forward to that.
Thank you again!

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
No problem. Flycast also emulates those platforms but I'm not sure how well or how good the module for it is because I haven't used either. So if you are itching to emulate those platforms you could give that a go.

zatarra76

No problem. Flycast also emulates those platforms but I'm not sure how well or how good the module for it is because I haven't used either. So if you are itching to emulate those platforms you could give that a go.
Actually I think that Demul works great and I would like to stay with it if you manage to help me (and all the others struggling with this issue) and upload the fixed module.
Sorry, I don't mean to make you pressure, I'm just looking forward to it.
Thank you again for your help 🙏

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Actually I think that Demul works great and I would like to stay with it if you manage to help me (and all the others struggling with this issue) and upload the fixed module.
Sorry, I don't mean to make you pressure, I'm just looking forward to it.
Thank you again for your help 🙏
No worries at all and you didn't put any pressure on me. I just wanted to give you an alternative in case you wanted to play it before I did my thing. But, thanks to your unfortunately rare response, I will put the Demul module to the top of my list.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
Full disclosure, I have not tested this. But from a cursory glance it fixes the broken "Naomi 2" system name. So it may work. If it does not please post a log. You are free to try it here:

Attachments

• Demul (v0.7).ahk
    32.7 KB · Views: 29

zatarra76

Hi,
thanks for the module, but it's not working for me.
Same problem, RocketLauncher still running after Demul is closed, I have to use the special keys combo to force shutdown.
Here is a complete log, it's long, probably you needed only the last part.
Let me know if you figure out the issue.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Log.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 13