Search results

1. N

Just saying hi

Hello fellow rlaunchers, I just wanted to stop by because its been out of the scene for a while. 2015 was a busy year for me, I moved, kept up with my busy son Miles, promotion at work, company merger and now I am about 2 weeks away from being a father again! Believe me if i had more time I...
  2. N

7z extract issue to network drive

You may notice this log is not complete because RL crashes before the zip extracts. I am using the exodos 2.0 set which I setup on my network drive and set "Force_Extraction_To_Rom_Path" to true, so extracted roms should end up on my network drive where the rom path is however RL ends up...
  3. N

Sega Model 2 emulator crashes (not an RL issue)

In the last 6 months I got a newer machine running win7 just like my old system. I grabbed the model 2 emulator today 1.1a and it just crashes. At first I was missing d3dx9_42.dll so i grabbed that and put it in the emulator directory. I also installed DX runtimes and C++ 2010. I am using the...
  4. N

My portable arcade project (Kodi+HyperSpin+FreeNAS)

I don't know if this is the best place to post this but whatever. About 6 months ago I decided to do a complete rebuild of my arcade system, at the time it was running in a 4 player cabinet I built in my basement on an old core 2 duo system I threw together with parts I had laying around. It was...
  5. N

[SOLVED] Entex Adventure Vision no longer working in MESS?

Can anyone that has Entex Adventure Vision setup that it does not work in MESS .160+. I do have the latest bios pack and the roms havent changed in years. Just want to make sure its not just me.
  6. N

Layer 4 animated gif

I am attempting to use an animated gif for Layer 4 but it does not animate. I named it Layer 4 (1).gif, should I still be using a (number) even though it is one image?
  7. N

New Bezels and Fade media in the works

Hi all, I am working on porting over my Retroarch overlays to RL and adding a couple new bezels as well http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?455-Retroarch-bezel-Overlays. These bezels are high res 2560x1440 16:9. I plan to leave them high res, if someone would rather scale them down to...
  8. N

Increase session timeout

Dj, I would suggest increasing the session timeout. Ill check other browsers but it seems after a minute I am getting logged out. It is annoying when trying to write a long post or talking to someone on chat and i leave for a few minutes and get logged out.
  9. N

ZX Spectrum in MESS

I have been unable to get ZX Spectrum to work in MESS. Is there anyone using MESS to emulate this system? If so is there a particular rom set that should be used or anything special that has to be done to setup. Launching a rom just shows the zx spectrum logo and hitting enter brings me to a...
  10. N

[SOLVED] Cannot find database when launching from HyperSpin

I updated to the latest HyperLaunch GIT tonight and now i am getting an error when launching a game from HS. The path logged for HS is C:\HyperSpin when it should be C:\Frontend\HyperSpin. 22:04:27:321 | HL | INFO | +N/A | Main - HyperLaunch v3.1.0.5b BETA (www.hyperlaunch.net)...
  11. N

Retroarch/Libretro developers needed

The Retroarch folks are in need of some help. For those of you that have been in the emu scene for a long time I ask that you put your feelers out there and spread the word. There are only a few devs heavily involved in Libretro, not enough for the code base they currently have. So if you know...
  12. N

Retroarch bezel Overlays

I already have an old thread for a pack of bezels I was working on for HL. At this point that project is dead, a lot of the assets are being reused for this project but I will more than likely not be releasing these for HL and will only be available in Retroarch. Someone can certainly take the...
  13. N

New FE under development: Project FEX

Some of you may know already but I am currently developing a new FE called FEX. I am using Unity3D which is a popular 3D game engine. I chose Unity3D because I have always wanted to get into game programming and to take advantage of all the cool things that a 3D engine offers: shaders, lighting...
  14. N

Editing Xpadder profiles

I have noticed that when i try to edit a joystick profile from HQ it does not load the profile to the correct controller. I am not sure if i am doing something wrong. I understand that for general profiles there would be no way to know which controller to load the profile for but a joystick...
  15. N

[SOLVED] AHK help

I was working on systems yesterday and landed on Dreamcast and as far as i know the best emu is nullDC but the downside is there are issues with fade and bezels. After looking at the module and all of DJ's frustrated comments and commented code i saw why. I decided to start digging into HL's...
  16. N

New bezels on the way

Just figured i would share a taste of what i have been working on. I will be releasing a new bezel pack at some point in the near future designed for 1280x960 resolution. The button config on the lower left corner is an instruction card.
  17. N

HLHQ Ability to disable/enable systems and roms

This is something that has come up before. We know that HS currently has no ability to easily disable or enable systems/roms and the only solution is to comment them out manually. So why not comment/uncomment nodes from code. At least in my world .NET C# this is possible using XmlDocument...
  18. N

HLHQ system categorization feature request

I recently decided to set aside a bunch of systems i have setup to focus on systems that i have more interest playing. After commenting out these systems in HS mainmenu.xml i thought of an idea for HLHQ. System Categorization An ability to create a bucket/folder in the list of systems on the...
  19. N

Nestopia ahk keymapping for quick save/load

I have a couple dedicated buttons on my cab for save/load which are mapped to keyboard keys by ultramarc ipac. In hlhq i setup the following ahk key mapping to quick save to slot 1 and load from slot 1. Using the default F5 and F7 opens a browse window which is why i want to use quick save/load...
  20. N

[SOLVED] Nestopia with bezel support

I was able to get bezel support working for nestopia. It removes everything from the window except a 2-3px border which can be hidden by adjusting the bezel. Here is my module for testing: MEmu = NestopiaMEmuV = v1.42 MURL = http://www.emucr.com/2011/09/nestopia-unofficial-v1420.html MAuthor =...