New Bezels and Fade media in the works

nosh

RL Member
Hi all,

I am working on porting over my Retroarch overlays to RL and adding a couple new bezels as well http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?455-Retroarch-bezel-Overlays. These bezels are high res 2560x1440 16:9. I plan to leave them high res, if someone would rather scale them down to a lower resolution be my guest. Ill be posting them to github, my RA overlays are already there https://github.com/nosh01/retroarch-overlays. This is almost done, I really just have some renaming to do and then they are ready to post.

The next thing I am going to tackle is revamping zerodreams fade media. Here is my plan:

• I will be re-cropping some of the console images, replacing some, and adding to systems that don't have them
  • Adding a new info bar background
  • Adding a new gif spinner
  • Adding a new progress bar
  • Adding background images to systems that don't have them
  • Reworking some of the game rating images

I have already started on this and because I already have a ton of the assets from doing bezels this shouldn't be a big effort. Ill post some screenshots soon once I have the loading bar done.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
That looks great! I would have thought you would use the blue in sega though, where is the inspiration for green?

nosh

RL Member
Where can I find the new spinning wheel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well i made it myself so ill release it with the pack. Unfortunately my version of photoshop doesn't have video animation so i cant do a an animated gif but mine has more frame images so it is smoother than the original, will do for now.

nosh

RL Member
That looks great! I would have thought you would use the blue in sega though, where is the inspiration for green?

I was just playing around with colors, ill probably change it back to the default. Still a work in progress, i still have some work i want to do on the progress bar and the spinner. Actually that reminds me, i added some extracting music for systems that have long extract times like Sega CD, Saturn, Playstation, Playstation 2, etc in my old setup, ill have to include that as well.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Well i made it myself so ill release it with the pack. Unfortunately my version of photoshop doesn't have video animation so i cant do a an animated gif but mine has more frame images so it is smoother than the original, will do for now.

Where are you going to post it? Hyperspin ftp or maybe just a link here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Can you let me know when you post it? I don't normally use the git but I'll figure it out to get that spinning wheel

nosh

RL Member
Can you let me know when you post it? I don't normally use the git but I'll figure it out to get that spinning wheel

Sure. It looks ok in a screenshot but its a little wobbly when animated and its bugging me. I might need to rebuild it.

nosh

RL Member
Quick update. I made a lot of progress over the weekend, I finished up all the backgrounds, most of them I put together myself and a select few are zero dreams backgrounds resized to 1920x1080. I am about half way through cropping consoles. I am trying to include as many of the differen't versions/colors of each console as I can so I'm spending a bit more time than I anticipated. Once i am through console cropping I will stop and upload the bezels and fade media I currently have done.

Afterward I will be redoing a lot of the loading text, adding extracting music and putting together animated character sprites for the spinner on each system. Note that for now I am only doing media for systems that I am currently using which is about 60 systems or so I will do more piecemeal down the road. Ill post new screenshots soon.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Hyperspin ftp is lockdown right now. Be sure to upload to the download page :)

Man that's sick! I love what you made here and would love to add it to my set up! Don't forget to upload it to the download page! (Tapatalk signature)

nosh

RL Member
Just uploaded 118 give or take, consoles and backgrounds to github. All of my images end in "- nosh" so they will not overwrite your existing media. Some of the zerodreams consoles I did not redo so consider this sort of an addon pack that you will want to merge with your default media. I also included my new progress bar and info bar in the _Default folder. I will be providing the progress bar settings for RLHQ in a bit. Enjoy!

https://github.com/nosh01/Rocket-Launcher-Media

Edit: All images are 1920x1080 pngs. I did resize some of zerodreams backgrounds to 1920x1080 and included them but I created a custom background for each system so those are in addition.

Last edited:

nosh

RL Member
Here are some examples

Extra%20Layer%201%20-%20Console%20-%20nosh%20-%20fz10.png

Layer%201%20-%20nosh%20-%20samplercd.png

Layer%201%20-%20nosh%20-%20flyer.png

Extra%20Layer%201%20-%20Console%20-%20nosh%20-%20orange.png

Extra%20Layer%201%20-%20Console%20-%20nosh%20-%20spblue.png

Alright im off to start renaming my bezels so I can get those uploaded too.

nosh

RL Member
You will need to change the following settings in your Global RocketLauncher.ini to use the my progress bar:

Fade_Bar_Window_Width=909
Fade_Bar_Window_Margin=80
Fade_Bar_Back=false
Fade_Bar_Back_Color=FF2E9AE6
Fade_Bar_Height=43
Fade_Bar_Radius=5
Fade_Bar_Color=FF59A5FF
Fade_Bar_Hatch_Style=22
Fade_Text_1_Y=60
Fade_Text_2_Y=156

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Just uploaded 118 give or take, consoles and backgrounds to github. All of my images end in "- nosh" so they will not overwrite your existing media. Some of the zerodreams consoles I did not redo so consider this sort of an addon pack that you will want to merge with your default media. I also included my new progress bar and info bar in the _Default folder. I will be providing the progress bar settings for RLHQ in a bit. Enjoy!

https://github.com/nosh01/Rocket-Launcher-Media

Edit: All images are 1920x1080 pngs. I did resize some of zerodreams backgrounds to 1920x1080 and included them but I created a custom background for each system so those are in addition.

Is the new animation wheel here and if so what's it called?

Man that's sick! I love what you made here and would love to add it to my set up! Don't forget to upload it to the download page! (Tapatalk signature)

nosh

RL Member
Is the new animation wheel here and if so what's it called?

I don't believe i have permissions to add to the download page. I didnt include the spinner yet. It still needs work.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ninja2bseen, please remove that tapatalk signature. It is very confusing as it appears you type that into every post on every forum you post on.

Nosh, nice job man. Also don't forget, you can include profiles for Fade and users could just download your profile and load it in RLUI for easy Fade setup for your art.