BEZELS for MAME (custom for 16x9 Resolutions)

ericcannon

RL Member
Ive tried to download alex bezels but his dropbox link is dead. how can I download these bezels they are awesome

ericcannon

RL Member
Yes I was able to ftp in and download grif518 bezels but he only had a handful to down load. I would really love to get my hands on Alex bezels! Does any one have them available to download?

dragon57

Supporter
RL Member
Yes I was able to ftp in and download grif518 bezels but he only had a handful to down load. I would really love to get my hands on Alex bezels! Does any one have them available to download?
They are on emumovies too. Located @ /Upload Here/_RocketLauncher Media Submissions/Krakerman/Media/Bezels/MAME

ericcannon

RL Member
Ok yeah kakerman had some more but I'm still missing all of the street fighter and mortal kombard etc.. bezels. It's crazy that Alex does not have a download link or ftp file to download all of his work. The only thing I can link to if his is his Flickr account.

dragon57

Supporter
RL Member
Well, people come and go, plus they do this for free. Alex did have a download link, as you saw, in his first post, but when he left, for whatever reason, his links eventually stopped working. It happens.

Check this directory out: /Official/Bezels/MAME Unified Bezel Pack (RocketLauncher)(Metalzoic). It has 1241 bezel files, and has Alex's bezel files integrated as optional bezels where applicable.

griffin518

RL Member
The last I heard he's on an indefinite break. All of his work is included in Metalzoic's compilation pack, at least for MAME.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
open a command prompt, go to your mame folder, run the bellow command, and you will have a file with information about all games that mame support.
In the list you will find the width and height properties of the original games and you will be able to figure out the original aspect ratio of any game you want to know.
Code:
mame.exe -listxml >listxml.txt

extracampine

RL Member
Was the issues of using these bezels in 16:10 resolution (as discussed towards the start of this thread) ever resolved? Can you just change the screen resolution in Windows to from 16:10 to 16:9 to get these bezels to show without the side artwork being cropped?

Spawk

Banned
Was the issues of using these bezels in 16:10 resolution (as discussed towards the start of this thread) ever resolved? Can you just change the screen resolution in Windows to from 16:10 to 16:9 to get these bezels to show without the side artwork being cropped?
Short answer: no! Your monitors physical size is 16:10... so if you change to any other aspect, everything will be stretched and squeezed. You will need a set made specifically for 16:10.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

eisbrecher

Re: BEZELS for MAME (custom for ALL Resolutions)

is there anyway in can get a link to download the png and cfg file for this belzel? ive been trying to find it forever and would greatly appreciate it

t824601

RL Member

UPDATE 02-25-2016

From now on, check my signature for the download info of all my work and others that collaborate with me... thx

UPDATE 12-11-2015

From now on, the background image will come with 2 style of bezels and will have the company logo on them....
for those that do not like the company logo on them and like more the clean look more, please download the bezel frames folder on the link below.
In the folder you will find all the frames i use, without the company logo on them, this way you can decide which frame to use...
thx

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4fbjajgq6ya80q/AADOtJfRFG82M1WU8dXZcDGGa?dl=0

UPDATE 12-01-2015

From now on, all bezels horizontal 4:3 and all vertical 3:4 will stay on that aspect ratio unless otherwise noted on the announcement post.

If the bezel is of a different aspect ratio, like let's say 8:7...
All you have to do is change the in game video settings to the correct one for said game.

Most will stay the same if the difference is not that bad, but if the pixels look to stretched, I will definitely use the pixel ratio and thus making the game look like it should.
Thx for understanding.

Alex Ace.

UPDATE 11-26-2015

From now on if you want to check them out, just follow the link below and thats the album ill be using from now on... thx for your support [;)]

https://www.flickr.com/gp/138118625@N05/W25D4i

UPDATE 11-14-2015

Resized and changed the neogeo complete minted set to 2560x1440 All resolutions.

you can get that here https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6mz1786wdm9vya/NeoGeo Bezels ASA 2560x1440.zip?dl=0

this was done to match Gigapigs amazing looking glsl mameuifx 167

Neo%20Geo%20Set_zpsth6ama05.jpg

UPDATE 11-12-2015

Time to clean up this thread and tidy up.

First thank you for your support, It means a lot to me that a lot of you enjoy my work.

Secondly... These are all Resolutions Bezels at 2560x1440.

They work flawlessly on 16x9 monitors and or TV's which is the only thing i have to test.

In order to display the on 16x10 monitors and not lose any of the artwork.... you can try the method below, tho you may lose a bit of actual aspect ratio on the actual game screen.

#############################

############################

And finally... These bezels work best with Gigapig's Mame 167 setup he shared using glsl and truly making it look an actual arcade monitor on HD TV's

From now on these will be the norm, no more square screen bezels [:p]

Side note: If you notice that some screenshots the actual screen doesnt fit properly like others do, disregard as that an issue i am having as they work perfect on my alienware alpha [:)]

########LINKS#######

Up To Date Zip File of all the bezels as of 11-12-2015 https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgzl4hasnqphn9u/Mame 2560x1440 All Res Custom Bezels 11-12-2015.zip?dl=0

UP To Date Work Folder where all the bezels that get done ends up here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31o9oyjqk6v8mqv/AABxStcgZhqnWOZXEbR7SWbua?dl=0

########LINKS#######

Amazing work mate, are these still available somewhere? Seems all the links are down.

pcride2003

Updated first post and signature with new links...sorry nothing new yet..will see ;)

Sorry for the dumb question. I copied one of these to the artwork folder and it appeared, but the game is under the bezel graphic because these templates have the game picture filled in, where all the other templates I have are .png with the center cut out.

Do I need to cut out the center and save as .png?

Douglinhas

RL Member

Heres the Mrtal Kombat Kollection xD
I had 3 bezels for MK 1,2,3 that where from the ps3 versions of the games... those are still there in the same folder.
I know MK4 Alt the art might not fit to well with the game, sadly couldnt find much for MK4...
anyways here ya go ;)

Mortal Kombat Main by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Mortal Kombat 1 alt by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Mortal Kombat 2 Main by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Mortal Kombat 3 Main by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Main by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Mortal Kombat 4 by Alex Ace, on Flickr

Mortal Kombat 4-alt by Alex Ace, on Flickr
Have link for download all overlays please?