BEZELS for MAME (custom for 16x9 Resolutions)

alexdc22

RL Member
Re: BEZELS for MAME (custom for ALL Resolutions)

bleasby, if you have pc monitor 16:10 what i do is i overclocked my pc monitor 1680x1050 (16:10) resolution to 1866x1050 (16:9 ratio) with cru (custom resolution utillity) and 16:9 bezels fit perfectly on retroarch with aspect ratio 4:3 in games and not stretched. Dont increase height, just multiple height by 16/9 and this is your resolution, for example in my case height is 1050 so 1050x16/9 is my resolution 1866x1050 and i add this resolution in cru, also make sure monitor on top left is (active) timing is automatic LCD standard, and refresh rate is 60hz click ok and restart computer, after restart choose your added screen resolution. Here is how look bezels on my pc monitor 1680x1050 overclocked to 1866x1050 View attachment 1126

thank you so much for this... i was worried that 16x10 users would get to used them all cut up... you think you can post this over on my mame bezel thread over at hyperspin forums? if youre a member there that is... would appreciate this very much.
thx

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer

Thks dusanka, but I don't like your "solution".
Firstly, by doing what you mention you are forcing a wrong aspect ratio to the game.
Besides you force a decrease on the the image quality on your monitor because you force the OS to render everything on your custom res, but your monitor is still only able to show pixels on the monitor native res.
I don't have a problem with using the 16:9 bezels on my monitor, and I can always edit the ones that I don't like that much the appearance.
Thanks anyway.

dusanka

RL Member

bleasby, on retroarch works perfect with nosh bezels and 4:3 aspect ratio or core provided with small image decrease in quality, here is image 1866x1050 with nosh bezels Image 3.jpg and here is image with 1680x1050 Image 4.jpg :)

Last edited:

alexdc22

RL Member

one more for today xD

Defender
defender_zpsai02gy7n.jpg

Ninja2bseen

RL Member

Is there a package that includes all this new amazing work?

Tapatalk signature

alexdc22

RL Member

Is there a package that includes all this new amazing work?

Tapatalk signature

am actually moving files around and want to make the thread a bit neater... so yeah i will upload a new up to date one today :)

dusanka

RL Member

Alex, after i update rocketlauncher now my image look with correct aspect ratio, thanks to bleasby and other :) i change only in module settings to glsl true and videomode opengl, 1866x1050 image Capture.jpg :) but your bezel image is not correct i think i need to update mameuifx to v0.167.

Last edited:

alexdc22

RL Member

updated the main thread... if theres anything you think i should add... let me know
thx :)

alexdc22

RL Member

so mad at myself... i screwed this one up... i know only a handfull will get what i am saying.... My hand hurts to much and it dont bother me to much... least not yet lol

either way enjoy xD

Pengo
pengo_zpsxeeshrro.jpg

alexdc22

RL Member

one more xD
also i am aware of the black side bars... but due to having the background and bezel separated... it has to be this way... i might make a single resolution to fix this cus is driving me nuts lol

wonder boy
wonder%20boy_zpsainw4wza.jpg

Last edited:

alexdc22

RL Member

i couldnt let it be lol

so heres the 16x9 only which is located in the same folder, just pick your poison ;)

Wonder Boy 16x9
Wonder%20boy%2016x9_zpsviyuhfuk.jpg

Last edited:

dusanka

RL Member

When i click next bezel key, bezel show and disappear if anyone know how to solve problem i appreciate that, fullscreen bezel is enabled.

alexdc22

RL Member

When i click next bezel key, bezel show and disappear if anyone know how to solve problem i appreciate that, fullscreen bezel is enabled.

wish i could... but i dont have that set up on mine :(

shitoken

RL Member

Good work and fully support .

Tapatalk を使用して私の A0001 から送信

dusanka

RL Member

Alex, can you make bezels for console systems not per game but only for systems bezels like sega genesis,snes,nes,sega master system and other systems, would be nice.

alexdc22

RL Member

Loved this game so much... god they dont make them like this no more :(

ActRaiser
ActRaiser_zpsfjxweibr.jpg