CEMU Loading rpx Files

darthmorphling

Hi all,

I currently have CEMU running smoothly on it's own using both Wud and rpx files. I have Rocketlauncher working with CEMU as well, but only with Wud files. The rpx files are located inside a folder structure and are not detected by Rocketlauncher. Is there a work around for this?

thanks for any help!

brolly

Administrator
Developer
What's the folder structure? Can the folder be renamed? Can the rpx file be renamed?

Dabil

RL Member
The way I did is listed the folder with the rpx file in the rom locations in rocketlauncher, and made a copy of the rpx file with the correct name.

Also you should convert your wud files to wux. Wux are 2 to 6 times smaller than wud's. Most of the size of a wud is actually empty space.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tonesmalone

RL Member
This works fine as is. Just add rpx to the list of extensions for cemu and turn on the match extension setting. Last thing is to just make sure that the games and in either folders that match the db name, or in zip/rar/7z which match name.

I don't think it's a good idea to be messing with the game folder structure or file names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthmorphling

@Brolly

The folder is something like this: Name of Game->Code->red-pro2.rpx. There are two other folders in the Name of Game Folder as well. It does look like the rpx file can be renamed.

@Dabil

That seems like an easy fix. I will try it after I try tonesmalone suggestion.

@tonesmalone

The rpx extension is in the list for CEMU. Which tab/section is the match extension setting? Global or in the Wii U?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and I will report back which one worked out for me!

Last edited:

tonesmalone

RL Member
It's not necessary to rename, that's what 'Match Extension' setting is for. If you turn that on and add rpx to the rom extensions list for cemu, RL will find the folder/zip by name then load the rpx file inside.

Dabil

RL Member
Before I get any haters about the wux conversions, you should know that I prefer my Wii U Games to be set up add out-of-the box. (ie, not updated).

So if you do convert your wud's to wux, save your wud's in case you would want to play the updated versions of the games. Updating tools like uWizard only work with the wud's, not the wux.

Also you will need uWizard or a similar tool to download the update for New Super Mario Brothers to get that working with Cemu.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

brolly

Administrator
Developer
tones is correct, enabling Match Extension is all you need, but you need to make sure the "Name of Game" folder name matches your database game name exactly for the game to be found.
Games should launch fine afterwards, one side note is that auditing will still fail to find your games though, but this is by design.

darthmorphling

The method that dabil suggested works perfectly. So then I tried the method tonesmalone and brolly suggetsted and it sort of worked. I made sure that Match extension was on. I took out the renamed copy of the rpx file so the file structure was pure. Like brolly stated the audit failed. I tried launching the game and the loading screen came up and stayed up for awhile. Then I got a message stating something to the effect that their was an error waiting for the window "Cemu ahk_class... Then Cemu stated the file could not load.

What I have ended up with is a combo of both solutions. It turns out that with match extension on, it will read the rpx file, only if I have a copy of it in the code folder with the exact name in the database. So I do not have to have every games folder structure listed in the rom path, but I do need to make a copy of the rpx file and rename it to the name in the database.

I could be missing something, but it works for me.

thanks for all of the help!

Last edited:

darreldearth

RL Member
None of the above methods work for me when trying to play the RPX files. I cant even turn "Match Extension" on and have a normal game in a folder such as Mario Kart (USA)/Mario Kart (USA).wud launch. The game must be in the top level directory unless its in an archive. What did you guys do to get the RPX to load because having Match Extension on even with shortcuts and/or making a copy of the RPX file with the exact rom name doesn't work (I have the top level folder for the RPX game named according to the database as well).

darreldearth

RL Member
None of the above methods work for me when trying to play the RPX files. I cant even turn "Match Extension" on and have a normal game in a folder such as Mario Kart (USA)/Mario Kart (USA).wud launch. The game must be in the top level directory unless its in an archive. What did you guys do to get the RPX to load because having Match Extension on even with shortcuts and/or making a copy of the RPX file with the exact rom name doesn't work (I have the top level folder for the RPX game named according to the database as well).

Figured out that to make it work you need to make a copy of the RPX file and move it up one level in the directory so instead of GameFolder>Code>Game.RPX you need to make a copy of the game.rpx and move it to GameFolder>GameOfficialName.RPX and it Wont work if match extension is on. At least thats all that has worked for me so far

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
No need to move it out of the code folder. Just set match extension to true and rename the rpx file to whatever the database name is of the game.

BlackPredator72

RL Member
When I try to start for example Captain Toad (.rpx version) outside RL (first open CEMU, then File/Load and select the game) the game starts fine:

Without RL.jpg

But when I try to start it inside RL, CEMU is starting and I only see a grey window, game will not start:

With RL.png

I tried something else, when I'm in my file explorer and click on Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker (USA).rpx I have the same issue. CEMU is starting with a grey window. Nothing happens.
Any other Wii U game (all .rpx files) have the same problem.

Last edited:

mccorkled

RL Member
When I try to start for example Captain Toad (.rpx version) outside RL (first open CEMU, then File/Load and select the game) the game starts fine:

View attachment 2021

But when I try to start it inside RL, CEMU is starting and I only see a grey window, game will not start:

View attachment 2022

I tried something else, when I'm in my file explorer and click on Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker (USA).rpx I have the same issue. CEMU is starting with a grey window. Nothing happens.
Any other Wii U game (all .rpx files) have the same problem.

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/show...1-6-0-Cemu-1-6-1&p=31836&viewfull=1#post31836

Last edited:

mccorkled

RL Member
It's not necessary to rename, that's what 'Match Extension' setting is for. If you turn that on and add rpx to the rom extensions list for cemu, RL will find the folder/zip by name then load the rpx file inside.

I turned on match extension, but when Cemu opens up it gives the error "unable to open file." When I try to load the rpx within Cemu itself it crashes. Any ideas?

Last edited: