How to: Use MAME <version> Extras as material for Pause

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
Hmm, good tip. I even do that myself. Perhaps I should add a "Use source XML" as "Path to ROMs", so to speak.

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
New version, 0.95. Now you can select your XML as well (instead of ROM files) =)

Tur-MameExtrastoPause3.jpg

Last edited:

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
I've updated the first post with version 0.96. The new "MAME 0.172 Extras" torrent is different then before so that all files are zipped instead of seperate extracted files.
So 0.96 handles both the old Extras versions and the new one(s). If a zip exists called, for example, pcb.zip, it will extract it first to your %TEMP% drive and then work from there. If the zip does not exist, it will look for a pcb folder with all the files extracted in it (as the old versions were).

EDIT: They pulled the previous 0.172 torrent and created a new one. This one has a different setup (no subfolders inside .zip files) so I'll have to make changes. Stay tuned.
I also plan to include the other medias (bosses.zip etc), so that will take a few minutes longer =)
tldr; Wait for version 0.97!

Last edited:

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
Updated to 0.97 to handle the new release of MAME 0.172 Extras with no subfolders in the .zip files.

Also added the options to also copy the following categories:
Art Preview
Bosses
Endings
Game Over
How To
Logos
Scores
Select
Versus

Some minor changes behind the scenes (Remove temp dir on exit, etc).

Turranius

Supporter
RL Member
Update to 0.98. If you use a XML, reading it to find all the games now takes a few seconds instead of several minutes. Nice speed boost!