Hypermint

horseyhorsey

RL Member
To use this you would need to be using Hyperspin really, although you probably could just use the RL media part of it. Don't know, untested here.

HM 2.0
https://github.com/horseyhorsey/Hypermint.2.0

Setup / Installer
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/horseyhorsey/hypermint-2-0/build/artifacts

Youtube-dl.exe (Place next to Hypermint.exe in programfiles (x86)/Hypermint)
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/releases

Manager:
Main menu management:
Manage multiple main menu xmls.
Uses new enabled tags for HS 1.4
Sort systems and add from a master list.
Shows whether have the system xml & genres for a system.

Database Management:

Imports db's from Hyperspin.
Imports favorites from HS.
Scans HS & RL Media.
Uses new enabled tags for HS 1.4 (same with genres created from here)
Basic xml editing in gridview.
Update & save favorites from checkboxes in grid.
Scan for roms using RL config.

Viewer & Files Pane:
Send selected file/s to Rubbish (Trash, Backup)
..Hypermint/Rubbish/Hyperspin
..Hypermint/Rubbish/Rocketlaunch

Convert PDF to images
Convert Text to PDF

Multiple System Generation:
Add games from any list into the MSG preparation list.
Add favorites in one swoop on the current selected list.
Scan over all systems for favorites in the current selected main menu and add to prep list.
Add an existing HS settings ini for your preferred look of wheel
Option to create symbolic links for all media & themes when generated.
Option to create genre lists when generated.
Option to include a RL games.ini for rom/system map.
Option to copy the systems default.zip to the rom if one doesn't exist. (Only symbolic links)
Builds a database and you're ready to go. Only thing missing is the Main menu theme for your system.
ToDO:
Add options to generate MultiSystem from the statistics in RL. Top 100 etc etc.

Bezel Edit:
Send bezels in by right click images on the viewer, or drag over , set co ordinates.
Creates ini.

Instruction Cards:
Create presets for instruction cards.
Right click on any image in viewer to convert & send to correct folder and naming with chosen preset.

Image Editing:
Bog standard editing. Useful for creating: Fades, Backgrounds
Right click images send to this editor.

Intro Video Generator:
Scan current selected system for videos.
Add randomly or by selection.
Generate an avisynth script which includes fading, dissolving the same as Emumovies.
Option to include the wheel image on the video for each game. (Set pos and resize options)
Shows frame size and proper framerate when added or scanned.
NOTE TO THE STABLE: Forget to add opacity.
Todo: Add video trimming with fades

Wheel Generator:
Create wheels , Letters,Genres, Special Art for selected system.
Can save presets for later use.

Search:
Built in browser to search for game assets.
Drag drop assets into selected game cells to correct folders. RL & HS.
Youtube downloader and search:
Pick resolution & download to folder (Currently only HS, needs more work)

RL Stats:
Scan your stats and view them here in a different context.
ToDO:
implement stat filters & Multi system gens
Add removing of sections from ini.

Game Launching (RL only):
Right click on main list to launch or launch with RL modes. Pause , fade etc.
Game controller button:
Opens drop in window and can launch selected game from here or just push random to get another game.
ToDo: Turn this random function into full screen application for launching inside HS.

Hypermint 1.0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kzprsey3wwjhhzg/AACUeHguk1Ok-wzGbRsdGwc9a?dl=0

Last edited:

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Wow put on a bit of sweat typing all that :) Official home for Hypermint if that's ok?

Here's some videos in action. Hope you can make sense of it, I find it easy....;0

Last edited:

horseyhorsey

RL Member
No worries, I am late to party here. It's no hassle If you need any more video help, but I think I have the more trickier things already covered.

One thing I forget is needing to run as admin to create symbolic links. It will still go ahead and finish the multi system if not, but won't do your shortcuts.

Potts43

RL Member
No worries, I am late to party here. It's no hassle If you need any more video help, but I think I have the more trickier things already covered.

One thing I forget is needing to run as admin to create symbolic links. It will still go ahead and finish the multi system if not, but won't do your shortcuts.

That's good to know...

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Nice job horsey. How come you don't give a download link?

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Well yeah ,sorry should have done really, but its still a bit at ropey stage with bits not being complete yet, but I'll send a link. Shouldn't take too much longer to get it at reasonable standard for all to use but feel free to ask to test it.

I subscribed to thread but not had any updates, know what's up with that?

Added in video trimming: Right click a video in viewer. This has been thrown in last night and to get the start time use the slider to set it.
Can see from the video.

Added in image edit converting again for backgrounds, fade, bezel BG.
Right click image and send to image edit.

Cheers.

Last edited:

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Done some more work on the image creation. Will look into finding some other quick effects to apply to an image.

Added presets for the image creator.
Preview and save from the image creator or..
Can right click an image on the viewer selecting preset and media type.

Edit: Have move presets into separate folders.
presets-
wheels
cards
images

Last edited:

horseyhorsey

RL Member
If you look at the Generate Favorites video, this scans all of the favorites.txt you have over all systems and merges into one.

Now if you didn't want to do all of that you could choose a system, right click the games list and add all favorites to Multi-System list. Generate it in the Create/Multisystem and go find the xml in Hyperspin/Databases/(your multi system name)/your multi system.xml

It might be an idea to let you just add games to this and create single xml from this list.

Sorry for late reply, I've mentioned I don't receive any updates to this thread.

Potts43

RL Member
Could put the videos on Dropbox in they're own folder named according to what they show???

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Cheers, she's had more time than I'd anticipated but it's alright.

Can u label the topics for each video?

The videos uploaded to Youtube? If I get what you meant they already are like "Hypermint - Video trim". That what you mean?

Could put the videos on Dropbox in they're own folder named according to what they show???

Upload to dropbox? You could just go on the built in browser but if you need them for offline you could download them through it too.

Video download, that needs work. I think currently it's only hyperspin, you need more choice including RL Videos and a temp folder you could use.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
I'm hoping for just a location of all the videos and what they are for so I can figure this beasts secrets out. Please let us know where and how u decide to do this. Can't waiit

(Tapatalk)

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Lol she is a pony, not quite yet a beast. You have to be a bit more specific. sorry, I'd love to say yeah no problem but I'm not sure what you need here. Is this video downloading, creating intro video? Help me out a bit :)

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Oh shoot, sure if you can video record here to make snaps that would be sweet. I was saying more, could you create tutorials on how to use this tool and label the video so I can rest things thoroughly? It's like leaning Spanish all over again

(Tapatalk)

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Lol my intention was to make this easy for anyone, like can you imagine anybody who hasn't ever opened a text file?

Just let me know what you're having trouble with, specifically, and then we can go from there. I purposely went really slow in those videos, the intro videos is 2:31 and that is really fast to create a new intro video for a system, but can be done quicker.

The general usage I haven't showed would be to choose a system you want to edit or create for. Scan HS or RL media (although you don't have to scan to edit anything)
If you click on HS-Artwork3 for Ninja turtles on the NES and you didn't have the box art for it, you can drag a picture to the viewer pane and it will copy & rename to this folder. That should be the same for everything, video, images, themes. You should be able to do the exact same thing when you're in the search panel in web browser. Instead of drag drop from your computer you do it straight off the web.
With the search at the moment there isn't enough automatic searching available but if you just click youtube game, then click Images in the google tabs you can get to artwork that way or just edit the search terms after you have clicked this button.

You can create a theme by dropping an image whilst clicked on a game theme cell and it will create a theme with this image as a background. (THis I need to check because that could be downsizing the image 1024x768, things may of changed for widescreen theme, using widescreen myself and never used one yet)

Need to add something different here at some point too because I think the backgrounds work as they should in Hyperspin folder now. So you could take the default theme and remove the background from it and it will show a background from the HS-Background if you have it.