LaunchBox Plugin Not Showing All Images & Info For Fade & Pause Screens

kmoney2315

RL Member
You are correct @Styphelus. I just did a test on a few games and put them on another drive. A hard drive that my Rocketlauncher install is not on and it picked up everything correctly except the rating logo, including all the Fade screen info and all the Pause screen media. So it looks like the LaunchBox plugin is not retreiving all the fade and pause screen info and media if your games are on the same drive as your RocketLauncher install.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
We did some changes to the launchbox plugin and hopefully this will be fixed on the next RL release. Just wait until we are able to release the changes.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

kmoney2315

RL Member
I believe this is happening to you because you use a folder path with a xml special character "&" ("..\Arcade & Console Games\Nintendo Entertainment System\Adventure Island (USA).zip").

Please try to replace the launchbox plugin by this one and let me know what happens (post a log also using the new file).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzsaj1jo1ewrx5j/LaunchBox.plugin?dl=0

I am afraid that did not correct it either. I also experimented and changed the game path to a folder called "Games" with the original updated plugin also without success. One other thing I am noticing in the log that I did not see before the update is this warning :
WARNING | +78 | StartModule - You have an unsupported System Name for this module: "Nintendo Entertainment System". Only the following System Names are suppported: ""

Here is the new log:
http://pastebin.com/8KFN1pei

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Cool!
Djvj of brolly, if you can please update the plugin file on git with the one above. If you can't I will do it in more or less two days.

kmoney2315

RL Member
I think the new updated LaunchBox plugin that bleasby posted a few post above was not the one that was uploaded to Git because the one that downloads in the newest RL update is the same one that does not show all the images and info. But the LaunchBox plugin a few post above that bleasby posted with the dropbox links works correctly for me unless it has not been pushed live yet?

BTW: Mine does not show the ratings images also that might be be because LaunchBox uses a different set of rating names or images maybe?

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Uploading to Git is not the same thing as making it live. It will be live soon.

Regarding the ratings, yeah seems LB uses different names for the ratings:
20:05:03:392 | MD | DEBUG | +0 | BuildDatabaseTable - Found "Rating" with a value: "E - Everyone"

So you'll have to figure out the actual rating names LB uses and then just copy (or create) the rating logos you want using the proper filenames.

teeedubb

Supporter
RL Member
Hi,

I am having the same issue - not all info available in LB is being shown in the Pause/Fade screens. I have a poke around in the log file with some of the info in this thread but I couldnt find anything that explains why the info isnt being displayed.

RL Log file: https://pastebin.com/PMPUBLfP

Any help is appreciated.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
You'll need to set your Logging Level in RLUI to Troubleshooting to produce a more detailed log. That will include more info about what it's searching for in your database file and which assets it's looking for to display on the fade screen.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Re: LaunchBox Plugin Not Showing All Images & Info For Fade & Pause Screens

Could you be more specific abour which info is not being showed for you teeedubb?
Could you post a fade screenshot also?

Sent from my SM-J200M using Tapatalk

teeedubb

Supporter
RL Member
Re: LaunchBox Plugin Not Showing All Images & Info For Fade & Pause Screens

On Fade: rating, genre, developer and publisher - but after playing around with the settings I think these may not be shown due to 'Text Option" settings?
20170406092930.jpg
With pause it appears that it gets it info not from the LB xmls as it doesnt match whats displayed in LB? RL game data ini it seems.

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Pause uses the informations contained on the RL data folder. Not on the frontend xmls.

About fade, just reset all your fade settings by using the brush icon on RLUI and if the problem persists, post a log, screenshot and the LB xml file that has the game info so I could check it out.

Sent from my SM-J200M using Tapatalk