New Bezels and Fade media in the works

nosh

RL Member
Hmmm.. I changed this:
Code:
Fade_Rom_Info_Text_1_Options=w1600|787 h90 x165 y910|1575 cFFE1E1E1 r4 s90 Left Regular
Fade_Rom_Info_Text_2_Options=w400 x8 y55 cFF555555 r4 s60 Bold
Fade_Rom_Info_Text_3_Options=w310 x165 y1000|1665 cFFE1E1E1 r4 s66 Left Regular
Fade_Rom_Info_Text_4_Options=w1305|492 h66 x460 y1000|1665 cFFE1E1E1 r4 s66 Left Regular
Fade_Rom_Info_Text_5_Options=cFF555555 r4 s42 Bold
Fade_Rom_Info_Text_6_Options=h135 x15 y925|1590 cFFCFCFCA r4 s120 Regular

Ahh.. the loading animation has to change to. Thanks.

Guess Nosh will save and share his profile, because its awesome!

I will be uploading my profile along with a bunch of stuff shortly...

nosh

RL Member
Just finished uploading all of the character sprites for layer 4 and I also included 7z extracting music for CD systems. I uploaded my fade profile under the root of the repository "nosh fade.ini" which you will need to use the layer 4 images. You may need to adjust the image width and height to suite your resolution. The sprites should be centered in the info bar so if they are not, go to Global Settings > Fade - General. Then in the Animated image group change the image width and height until the images are centered in the info bar.

I am really happy with how these came out, I spent some time to make sure all of the animations look smooth and transition nicely when looping like ryu doing a hurricane kick for mame. I was afraid they might be cheesy but I love them and will continue to make more. For now though I am going to take a break from artwork to focus on my to-do list for my setup.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
I'm so excited for these loading icons and music. Thank you!!

Question what's the nosh fade that is sitting by itself. Do i need to adjust mine at all?

(Tapatalk)

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Ah, I just snagged all your layer 4s. I think I'll skip that then. Note I had to remove the - Nosh part for them to work btw. I'm using hyperlaunch 3 still though. Last question, I have the layer 4 in the top right corner. The flashy circle is my default but use ur icons for some systems. I'd like to move the layer 4 icons up since they are smaller then the circle wheel. Can I modify the layer 4 placement without messing with the default layer 4 placement?

Thanks again!

(Tapatalk)

nosh

RL Member
My handle added to the images works for me in RL, guess it doesn't in HL3. The solution would be to resize the default spinner to the same size as the icon images which I believe is 362x362

brolly

Administrator
Developer
nosh, your WonderSwan bezel is using pictures of WonderSwan Color (and Crystal) so you might want to update those to use the correct console version instead.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
My handle added to the images works for me in RL, guess it doesn't in HL3. The solution would be to resize the default spinner to the same size as the icon images which I believe is 362x362

Nosh, amazing work here. I'd like to try contribute some more Layer 4 animations for system _Default Fade. Any chance you could post a bit of guidance about how you're creating them? I've been looking up sprites and I'm finding a lot of image series, but they're usually too small to be usable...

Thanks again!

retro6

RL Member
May a ask a little question,
Doas this bezels fit in with retroarch?? I mean do you have to have interger scale on and scale it to the desired size? Because it never fits in perfectly.
I have tried everything by now, and im a bit ignorant with this now and just wanted to know if there is a way to do it.

BTW: Awesome work Nosh, thx for sharing

Edit: Fits in with the interger off but uneven scanlines, i will give Retroarch forums a shoot too because i never found out how to fix this.

Thaaaanks anyway

Last edited:

codetvirus

RL Member
Love your work. Any way to make this bezels work in 1080p? I know its abuse but can you make a American Laser Games fade theme? Thanks.