PCSX2 Nightly Builds Support

t824601

RL Member
Every nightly build is available in a wxWidgets version and Qt version.

The PCSX2 module needs no modification to continue using the wxWidgets version.

If we are using RL to directly launch a game we don't use the new QT GUI anyway.

I'm getting the new features and performance improvements from the wxWidget nightly builds.

Am I completely wrong assuming that? If so, what am I missing by not using the QT version?
Appears the latest nightly build that is wxWidgets version ends up Qt631QWindowIcon when the game loads. Looking into getting a new module to work, but have not been successful yet.

t824601

RL Member
Didn't need to make much changes, this seems to work for me now. Just use the widgets version for Hyperspin

Attachments

• PCSX2.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 42

FoxLuthor

RL Member
Hello,

The same thing happened to me with this ahk, then I applied the QT 6.3.1 changes in my ahk module and after restarting my PC the error was removed... I'll pass you my ahk module that I've been using for many years and applying modifications to it according to leaving for the module.

I hope it works for you

Sorry for the english google translator
Since for some of you this module seem to work or close the emulator without a hitch.... I've updated the QT version to 640 (was 631) on the AHK file.
Sorry if it starts on the emulator, keep trying. Sometimes it loads the game correctly, sometimes you need to press ALT + TAB to get the correct window. So I put a comma in line 55 in order to create just one window, not two. And that seemed to have worked.

Attachments

• PCSX2.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 74

hyperspinbr

I put qt 340? in the emulator the version 1.7 3683 opens works well but it doesn't close you have to press ESC to close I use the ENTER M keys to close the games what configuration should I put for these keys in PCSX2.ahk?

Escape::
Process,Close,pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe
Executar,taskkill /im "pcsx2-qtx64-avx2" /F
ExitApp
Return

ENTER and M which definition to use?

Last edited:

espid

Supporter
I put qt 340? in the emulator the version 1.7 3683 opens works well but it doesn't close you have to press ESC to close I use the ENTER M keys to close the games what configuration should I put for these keys in PCSX2.ahk?

Process,Close,pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe
Executar,taskkill /im "pcsx2-qtx64-avx2" /F
ExitApp
Return

ENTER and M which definition to use?
Hello,

It only works by pressing ESC, even if you change the ESC module to ENTER M, which are your keys, it will not close.

Change ENTER M in RL to ESC so that the QT module works correctly and kills the process by taskkill, I haven't found any other way at the moment.

espid

Supporter
Hello,

I'm going to open a melon as we say here in Spain to make a request!! 😂😂😂😂...

Given that after the latest revisions and the next release of PCSX2 1.7 QT Master Stable that are already announced on the Web and there is no longer support for the version:

pcsx2-v1.7.3771-windows-64bit-SSE4-wxWidgets

pcsx2-v1.7.3771-windows-64bit-AVX2-wxWidgets

These being the latest versions with WX Code since they have definitely removed it...

Some good soul could review this Module to make it close without necessarily pressing ESC and proceed to execute the Taskkill that I put at the end of the module to be able to close... (Sloppy Echo)

I have tried to change everything and do many tests changing at random to see if something made it close correctly but I have not found anything...

What I do is trial and error without having any idea but sometimes I get things, but this module is very complex and I am not able to understand almost anything about how it works.

That is why I request the help of the Yedai Masters 🙏🙏 in these matters in order to recover the Module.

Whoever Solves the Mystery gets the best Slice (Portion of the melon) 😂😂👾... I guess what I'm posting won't be very understandable...

And more thanks Google Translator that doesn't help much with the translations either... Sorryyyy...

A greeting and thanks in advance.

PS: In the Yo module in lines 55 to 58 that belong to the QT section:

("PCSX2 Nightly","QtQWindowIcon"))

I have it vin version of 640 and it works for me anyway in case it helps.

Attachments

• PCSX2 ++ v1.7.0 AVX2 QT.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 92

kris85

RL Member
Does anyone have a working module for the latest version 1.74605
I tried the above but still the same problem:
could not find the default gsdx.ini

kris85

RL Member
Ok I managed to find a solution but now it pops up like ss Module 2.3.1 v PCSX 1.74675 v

Attachments

• 20230703173726.jpg
    20230703173726.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 29

kris85

RL Member
Since for some of you this module seem to work or close the emulator without a hitch.... I've updated the QT version to 640 (was 631) on the AHK file.
Sorry if it starts on the emulator, keep trying. Sometimes it loads the game correctly, sometimes you need to press ALT + TAB to get the correct window. So I put a comma in line 55 in order to create just one window, not two. And that seemed to have worked.
Thanks, it helped but when exiting the game in RL game and emu stay :(

Last edited:

kris85

RL Member
Ok, I managed to deal with the problems now:

- Loads correctly

- Closes properly with Emu etc

I didn't think the closing solution was so trivialo_O
in Module you need to change 2 Paths at the end:

Process,Close, Own Path of the emulator exe eg: Pcsx.exe
Run,taskkill /im "Custom emulator exe path, e.g.: Pcsx.exe" /F
ExitApp

Save everything and play, it works as it should (probably I will test with other games)

THANK YOU:

espid
Fox Luthor
For your Modules both work with the latest version of Emu 🍻(y)💪

All I have to do is deal with joy2key not closing after closing everything hmm

FoxLuthor

RL Member
Ok, I managed to deal with the problems now:

- Loads correctly

- Closes properly with Emu etc

I didn't think the closing solution was so trivialo_O
in Module you need to change 2 Paths at the end:

Process,Close, Own Path of the emulator exe eg: Pcsx.exe
Run,taskkill /im "Custom emulator exe path, e.g.: Pcsx.exe" /F
ExitApp

Save everything and play, it works as it should (probably I will test with other games)

THANK YOU:

espid
Fox Luthor
For your Modules both work with the latest version of Emu 🍻(y)💪

All I have to do is deal with joy2key not closing after closing everything hmm
There was a new thread with (AFIAK) the official module to PCSX2 1.7 versions.... so it's better to use that one. And also, remember to change the QT version when needed.
This one has the Updated QT version of 650 (attached file).
Just remember to open with a notepad the AHK file, and change the line 17 if they update the QT Version.

Example:

primaryWindowClassName := "Qt650QWindowIcon"

to:

primaryWindowClassName := "Qt660QWindowIcon" or whatever version, when needed. Save and close the file. Cheers!

Attachments

• PCSX2.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 64

Tasoulios

RL Member
If i'm understanding this correctly, all you have to do is change this line:

primaryWindowClassName := "Qt661QWindowIcon"

To whatever QT version is the next one?