RLUI System Icons Addition

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
I added about 15-20 system icons to my RocketLauncher install so that all of my systems have a tidy little icon. I can't remember which ones I added specifically, so I'm just attaching a ZIP containing everything.

Attachments

• RLUI-Icons.zip
    659.1 KB · Views: 138

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Not until I verify the system names :p

What's AAE 2+? That one shouldn't be there.
The rest is looking good so far gooch, nice work. Can you add one for Bandai Super Vision 8000? That one is still missing an icon.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yea I verified them already, but be my guest brolly :cool:

Others I'm missing icons for:
Capcom Play System 2
Capcom Play System 3
e-AMUSEMENT
Electronic Game & Watch
Movies
Microsoft Windows 3.x
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64DD
Nintendo Wii U
Sega Hikaru
Steam

If any of these are not correct names, let me know.

Last edited:

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
Yea I verified them already, but be my guest brolly :cool:

Others I'm missing icons for:
Capcom Play System 2
Capcom Play System 3
e-AMUSEMENT
Electronic Game & Watch
Movies
Microsoft Windows 3.x
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64DD
Nintendo Wii U
Sega Hikaru
Steam

If any of these are not correct names, let me know.

HyperSync refers to e-AMUSEMENT as Konami e-AMUSEMENT, so I don't know which would be right. I've also noticed that Matra and Hachette Alice (HS) is different from Matra & Hachette Alice (RL), and that Atari 8-Bit (HS) is different from Atari 8-bit (RL). Just sayin'.

I'll get to the systems you have listed, NP.

EDIT: Actually Capcom Play System 2 & 3 (RL) are Capcom Play System II & III. I'm thinking RL is right since all the signage isn't in Roman Numerals.

EDIT: I've attached the requested systems.

View attachment Icons.zip

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
These are the correct spellings:
Atari 8-bit
Capcom Play System II
Capcom Play System III
Konami e-AMUSEMENT
Matra & Hachette Alice

I'm not a fan of roman numerals, but that is the spelling on all the art...

Thank you for the icons!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Hmm ok...I'd rather not rename in modules. Just leave that one.

I've seen Electronic Game & Watch in so many places. Reason I don't like Nintendo is because this system ends up with so many non-nintendo games, which doesn't make sense anymore. It is technically Nintendo though. What would be a more appropriate name then?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
We already have a system for that it's called Handheld Remakes or something (can't check right now). Electronic Game & Watch simply makes no sense at all, if people are using it for all handheld games then that's their problem, but we can't consider this a standard name because it's plain ridiculous, same as calling a system Nintendo Game Gear.
If you don't like Handheld Remakes you can use Electronic Handhelds instead. I kinda like remakes because most of these are actually simulators not emulators, we can have both system names though. And in the future due to the latest MAME progress on this I'll want to have separate systems for LED,VFD and LCD games since they are very different from each other so for this purpose Electronic Handhelds wouldn't be a bad name.

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
Hmm ok...I'd rather not rename in modules. Just leave that one.

Leave as Atari 8-Bit with a capital B? I'm being anal retentive about this since the RL media packs I give to Circo need to be named right.

EDIT: I ask because the MAME module has a lower case b. I just went through the rigmarole of renaming my system from B to b because of how it's spelled in there.

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
MAME isn't exactly a great Atari 8-bit emulator and all other modules seem to use 'B' so I guess some renames will be necessary one way or another, I'm fine with both versions. I actually have mine with upper case B.

I don't see what's so complicated in renaming systems though, it's a 1 click process if you are using HS as I believe you are :)

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
MAME isn't exactly a great Atari 8-bit emulator and all other modules seem to use 'B' so I guess some renames will be necessary one way or another, I'm fine with both versions. I actually have mine with upper case B

I'll leave mine capital then.

I don't see what's so complicated in renaming systems though, it's a 1 click process if you are using HS as I believe you are :)

I know RLUI makes this 1-click for RL/HS, it's a great help but I've got a couple other things going on. A system rename means I need to adjust all of my scripts I use to convert EmuMovies DSU media to RocketLauncher media, this is the media I've been uploading to the FTP (all ~100 GB of it), plus a couple of other customizations. I follow the basic rule of DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) with my amateurish programming, but I find there's a handful of places that need updating.

I also have a bunch of custom graphics I've created for my marquee screen that RLUI knows nothing about when it does its renaming. These must be done manually, although I'm thinking of writing a script. :D

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ok I agree with you brolly. I'll remove the electronic game and watch icon. We need a Handheld Remakes wheel/logo then. Do you have one?

Gooch, yes leave it as capital B. We'll have to make sure everything on RL end is consistent though.

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
The icon is already there, don't have a wheel though.

Are you talking about a HyperSpin wheel? If so, I'll be building Kooljeep wheels for everything on my cab. I'll submit the wheel pack when I'm done to HS, and the icon pack here for RLUI. Side note - I'm adding MAME module support where I can.

Below is the list of 249 systems I've added to my cab, but I had a few questions on some more discrepancies based on my Googlizing (thanks Wikipedia!)

http://pastebin.com/KrxtJ9iq

I've changed the following:
  • VM Labs Nuon (RL icon is 'VM Labs NUON')
  • Microsoft MSX turbo R (RL icon is Micosoft MSX Turbo-R. Note the lower case t)
  • ZiNc (RL icon is Zinc)
  • The Pinball Arcade (RL icon is Pinball Arcade without a "The")
  • Sony PlayStation minis (RL icon is Sony PlayStation Minis with capital M)

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
HS wheel is a logo as wheel is only HS terminology. But yes that's what we mean. Business don't go around saying, "check out my new wheel!"

Correct Names:
  • VM Labs NUON
  • Microsoft MSX Turbo-R (brolly, is capital T correct? I see many references with lower. Unsure about the -)
  • ZiNc
  • The Pinball Arcade (although I personally prefer Pinball Arcade because it looks better next to Pinball FX2 on my system list)
  • Sony PlayStation Minis

zinzo

would sombdy help about the archive password for the rocketlaunsher pleas

- - - Updated - - -

hi guys