RLUI System Icons Addition

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Not sure, looks kinda like SpectraVision was the company, but system names would be like SV-318, not Spectravideo. Brolly, do you know?

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Spectravideo should be correct as the system includes the 2 models (SVI-318 and SVI-328). So Spectravideo is the company name (SpectraVision is the original name of the company), but when there is more than 1 model in the system we normally don't include the model name.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Some remarks:
What the hell is a Sinclair ZX 82? lol
I think it should be "Sufami Turbo" not "SuFami Turbo" as well, only place I see it written like that is Wikipedia and I never understood why.
Don't really see the point on having a Locomalito icon, those are simply indie games if we are going to make an icon for each indie developer then the folder will become huge.
No need for a Sharp X1 Turbo icon, Sharp X1 already includes all X1 Turbo games.
Pioneer Palcom PX-7 is the same as Pioneer Palcom LaserDisc and already has an icon.

I'm still not sure about this one, but I'm leaning to use "Thomson MO" instead of "Thomson MO5" because the MO5 and MO6 were compatible so there's no point on having separate MO5 and MO6 systems. Same goes for the TO systems (TO7, TO8, etc.). Still not completely sure about this though as I didn't start looking into these systems yet.

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
Some remarks:
What the hell is a Sinclair ZX 82? lol

zx_54.jpg

I think it should be "Sufami Turbo" not "SuFami Turbo" as well, only place I see it written like that is Wikipedia and I never understood why.

I only checked Wikipedia, so I guess that's why I've got the wacky spelling. :D

Don't really see the point on having a Locomalito icon, those are simply indie games if we are going to make an icon for each indie developer then the folder will become huge.

Okely dokely, I'll remove it.

No need for a Sharp X1 Turbo icon, Sharp X1 already includes all X1 Turbo games.
Pioneer Palcom PX-7 is the same as Pioneer Palcom LaserDisc and already has an icon.

Roger.

I'm still not sure about this one, but I'm leaning to use "Thomson MO" instead of "Thomson MO5" because the MO5 and MO6 were compatible so there's no point on having separate MO5 and MO6 systems. Same goes for the TO systems (TO7, TO8, etc.). Still not completely sure about this though as I didn't start looking into these systems yet.

Thomson MO makes more sense. I think MO5 was already in the Icons folder, not sure I named this one.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
ZX82 was just a codename for Spectrum during the prototype stage, such a thing doesn't exist :p

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
ZX82 was just a codename for Spectrum during the prototype stage, such a thing doesn't exist :p

Is the Ultra64 icon that's in the default RLUI icon set the prototype code name for the Nintendo 64? 'Cuz if it is it's kinda the same thing. And I might suggest we call it Nintendo Ultra64.

Regardless of official RocketLauncher or HyperSpin support I'm probably going to add prototype systems to my cab for completeness and preservation. On my cab, it doesn't necessarily always have a working emulator (yet), it's all about artwork, media collection and the history. Like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 wheels I have set up that only display manuals, boxes, and television commercials, I'm just building framework.

BTW - I'm working on a set of KoolJeep wheels that match everything in the icon set (with the corrections from your feedback), just wanted to let you know I'll be publishing that soon in the HS forums. The Bandai Super Vision 8000 (your request) has been a real beotch to find anything clean but I will get to it, I'm getting the easy stuff first. An incomplete sneak preview can be found on the HyperSpin FTP in the path below. Again, it's the whole set since I can't remember which ones I did and which ones are from the default community set.

/Unsorted Submissions/Other/gooch/Wheel.zip

Here's a couple of other system names I was hoping you could bless or ax if you get a second, thanks!

- Tiger Gizmondo
- NEC TurboDuo
- NEC PC Engine Duo
- Apple III
- Apple Lisa
- Acorn Archimedes CD
- Microsoft MSX LaserDisc

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Is the Ultra64 icon that's in the default RLUI icon set the prototype code name for the Nintendo 64? 'Cuz if it is it's kinda the same thing. And I might suggest we call it Nintendo Ultra64.
No, Ultra64 is an emulator name and the icon represents Killer Instinct which are the only games it runs afaik. Personally I don't even know why there's an icon for it, I think that's djvj's fault lol I think this icon should probably be deleted, this is something you might want to use as an alternate emulator for your Nintendo 64 system (is it even needed these days?) not set it up as a standalone system named Ultra64.

- Tiger Gizmondo
- NEC TurboDuo
- NEC PC Engine Duo
- Apple III
- Apple Lisa
- Acorn Archimedes CD
- Microsoft MSX LaserDisc
Acorn Archimedes CD isn't needed, they are all included in the Acorn Archimedes system, don't even recall there is any reasonable number of CD only games for it anyway.
Microsoft MSX LaserDisc is the same as Pioneer Palcom LaserDisc, you keep re-baptizing this one :)
The others seem ok, but don't see the point of using NEC TurboDuo or NEC PC Engine Duo you'll just be replicating the games from PC Engine and Turbografx systems.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yep you can blame Ultra64 on me. I wanted to get that module working so I made a system for it before we had the alternate emulators solution we have now. That was back in the HL2 days and I carried over the module when upgrading to HL3, so the module was upgraded and I never removed the system.

gooch

Supporter
RL Member
No, Ultra64 is an emulator name and the icon represents Killer Instinct which are the only games it runs afaik. Personally I don't even know why there's an icon for it, I think that's djvj's fault lol I think this icon should probably be deleted, this is something you might want to use as an alternate emulator for your Nintendo 64 system (is it even needed these days?) not set it up as a standalone system named Ultra64.

I see. I'll pull the silly ZX82 from the list.

Acorn Archimedes CD isn't needed, they are all included in the Acorn Archimedes system, don't even recall there is any reasonable number of CD only games for it anyway.

OK, didn't know if it was like Genesis and Sega CD where additional hardware was being emulated. I won't add it.

Microsoft MSX LaserDisc is the same as Pioneer Palcom LaserDisc, you keep re-baptizing this one :)

"I'm sick of eating hoagies. I want a grinder, a sub, or a foot-long hero." -Homer Simpson

The others seem ok, but don't see the point of using NEC TurboDuo or NEC PC Engine Duo you'll just be replicating the games from PC Engine and Turbografx systems.

I had originally wanted to replicate hardware, but it's probably better I just add some Pause graphics to show it. I'll remove them.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Could be both I guess, but since SegaRetro uses Sega Super Control Station SF-7000 let's go with that.