RocketLauncher v1.1.0.0

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Release Highlights:

1. RocketLauncher can now draw shaders above any emulator! Bezels will need to be enabled to use this feature. You can even make your own shaders, check the new Media\Shaders folder. We include a new default Scanlines-1080p by Sub-Zero.
  2. The internal code has stared to become more object-oriented. So expect some major changes to modules and libs as they become updated over time.
  3. Logging is getting more verbose. So if you haven't familiarized yourself with filtering logs in RLUI, make it a point to learn how to, to find where your issues are faster.
  4. Your front end can now be paused on launch and resumed on exit. Check out the new Suspend Frontend Global/system setting.

2016/04/20

• RocketLauncher updated to v1.1.0.0
    • Start of code restructure
    • Added new kill option to HideTaskbar which will kill it instead of just hiding it.
    • Shortened CRC logging lines.
  • Fade Init.ahk updated to v1.0.3
    • Changes required for mouse buttons to interrupt fade
  • Fade.ahk updated to v1.1.6
    • Added support for Front End process suspending/resuming
    • When detecting fade interrupts, mouse buttons will not be taken into account if you have "anykey" as your fade interrupt key.
  • Keymapper updated to v1.1.5
    • Using DetectHiddenWindows from class now
  • BinHexRW updated to v1.0.2
    • Removed some unnecessary logs

2016/04/06

• Shared.ahk updated to v1.4.0
    • Fixed WinIPAC not wrapping profile in double quotes

2016/04/01

• Scanlines
    • Added new default Scanlines-1080p in Media\Shaders folder (Sub-Zero)

2016/03/22

• Global Emulators (Example).ini
    • Fixed Save/Load keys for MAME (abique)

2016/03/03

• Shader.ahk and Shader Init.ahk released (v0.0.1) and Pause.ahk updated to v1.1.9
    • Added rocketlauncher shader support to bezel screens.
  • Bezel.ahk updated to v1.2.1
    • Fixed bezel change bug, background change bug, and improved bezel overlay code.
    • Added changes to support shader on bezel.

2016/01/22

• RocketLauncher updated to v1.0.1.5b (Internal release)
    • RocketLauncher now records Compatibility Flags set by the user to the exe
    • RocketLauncher now records DPI scaling set globally in windows
    • Setting changes: 7z_Sounds is now called Fade_Sounds and found in the [Fade] section
    • Setting changes: Fade_Bar_Non_7z_ProgressTime is now called Fade_Progress_Duration
    • New Setting: Fade_7z_Progress_Mode
    • Module checks will now pass again when required function calls start with some whitespace
    • BaseRomPath will no longer tack on the systemName to the end when this setting was never set
    • Logging changed so Debug1 is now Debug, and Debug2 is now Trace
    • Much of the logging that was formerly Debug, is now Info level. This will give default logging a bit more robust flavor!
  • Bezel.ahk updated to v1.2.0
    • Added BezelEnabled() function
  • Fade Animations.ahk updated to v1.2.0
    • Added changes to support the new custom fade 7z progress bar
  • Shared.ahk updated to v1.4.0
    • WriteProperty now logs the key and value it changed to
    • Toggle cursor hotkey will again correctly toggle the cursor!
    • Global IniRead function now showing correct value in log
  • 7z.ahk updated to v1.0.4
    • Added changes to support the new custom fade 7z progress bar

RocketLauncherUI

2016/04/17

• RocketLauncherUI updated to v1.0.1.1
    • Increased ini parser buffer size to fix a bug causing some settings not to be saved on fade profiles
    • PinballX Plugin updated to v1.0.1: Custom systems are added first so that properly named custom systems
    • such as Future Pinball, Visual Pinball or Pinball FX2 get added before the standard PinballX names
    • Replaced repeated option appearing in the combo box for the Custom Cursor setting
    • Fixed bug that was causing last update info to be deleted after you reset your ini file settings through
    • the UI
    • Added support for the new Shader settings: shaderName, shaderTransparency, shaderColor and shaderChangeKey.
    • They can all be set under the Bezel tab
    • Set_Resolution can now be set on a per game basis
    • Fixed bug preventing systems with the ' character on their name to be deleted
    • Replaced DEBUG2 and DEBUG1 log levels with TRACE and DEBUG respectively
    • Load Class Libraries version info into the RLUI panel
    • Added support for the new Suspend_Front_End setting

kjhy2k2

RL Member
New Update Impossible.. Check Update is OK. But Apply Update Show Error Message..

Error Message is

Random File ( ....ahk. isd. ini) Hash Check Failed, Something went Wrong with the Download.

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Please be patient!
We've been notified and will fix this issue as soon as we can.

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
DUDE, shaders over any emulator and suspend front end.... It feels like christmas. Thanks so much guys! I'll be all over this as soon as the update issues are resolved.

Krakerman

RL Member
Yes indeed the fellas work hard to bring us these updates!

They don't get enuff credit and good thing they are passionate about this hobby like we are to do this for the community. Man can't imagine even doing this hobby without them.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dime333

RL Member
DUDE, shaders over any emulator and suspend front end.... It feels like christmas. Thanks so much guys! I'll be all over this as soon as the update issues are resolved.

I'm a little confused by "suspend frontend". Can you give an example when you would want to do that?

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I'm a little confused by "suspend frontend". Can you give an example when you would want to do that?
If you want to suspend the frontend process whenever you enter a game, either to free some resources or to avoid frontend background sounds, focus stealing and so on, just enable this option and your frontend process will be suspended while you are playing the game jut like we already do for most of the emulators when you enter pause.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Dime333

RL Member
If you want to suspend the frontend process whenever you enter a game, either to free some resources or to avoid frontend background sounds, focus stealing and so on, just enable this option and your frontend process will be suspended while you are playing the game jut like we already do for most of the emulators when you enter pause.

Sounds great. Thanks.

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
For example, Dime, I can run N64 at double resolution using just RA, but if I launch from a front end like HyperSpin or Launchbox, it'll perform badly, stutter, etc. I don't have the greatest computer mind you, but it will be interesting to see if the suspend feature will solve that for me.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Sorry guys, I pushed the update live then had to goto sleep.. Should have tested it first. I'll take a look when I get time tonight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Metalzoic

RL Member
With the new PCLauncher module I get this error with all PC games Steam & non-steam.

Window._New: improper construction of window object
use this syntax: var:=new window(new windowtitle
("title ","class","exe","id","pid"))

Switching back to the previous module and it all works again.

EDIT: Also when it errored it didn't eventually close the black error screen and take me back to RLUI. The error screen stayed on-screen and I had to blind navigate with no mouse, shut it down, launch another game and shut that down to get my mouse back.

Is that another option that changed or is there a setting for that?