Hypermint

IceLancer

RL Member
Yes the one shipped is for initial values. Then as you can see in AppData, version number. Supposed to use the UI, you're some kind of hacker :)

I figured out one part that is wrong with tool and now i am getting games audit , but its not auditing all it finds couple games and then breaks.
In atari 2600 of 648 games it finds only 4.While N64 it finds all 294 games. Still investigating why it wont find all atari games. I smell bug somewhere.
Problem was in config file, once i understood that it doesnt use xml from its parent folder i edited paths in its new used xml , then it started auditing.Still issue with some systems , it wont find all games only first few couple then stops

P.S
RL doesnt need Roms paths set at all in test i removed rom path and it still finds proper path because in global is set <BASEROMPATH> path then with that he adds <system> tag and search for roms

your tool needs option "show only found roms" and "count of found roms"

--------
edit
found issue with atari audit. From our TW session , path to roms got changed to n64 roms instead of atari.Its working properly now.
So a conclusion is tools path reading and writing. Manually edited xml for paths its auditing, paths written via tool config doesnt work

Last edited:

horseyhorsey

RL Member
I found a problem joining the Rom paths and updated that about 2 hours ago now. I'd like to know if that worked for you. I tried all possiblities. ./ , ../ etc..

Now I'm not sure what you're trying to explain there. Bug? You're mixing the two up (HM & RL) a bit, which is confusing me, I haven't slept so that probably doesn't help.

HM has a RomScan and a MediaAudit. Going in and changing the config manually for HM is no different than adjusting it in the UI, saving it and restarting.

"So a conclusion is tools path reading and writing." ...

What is Tools path? Roms path?

"your tool needs option "show only found roms" and "count of found roms". ..

It was never really meant for getting deep into roms, CRC checking, etc etc. We have perfectly good enough tooling like the RLUI for this job. Doesn't that allow you to export miss/have lists?

It really was just for media auditing, creating new media for games, drag dropping files, organizing media for RL, then Hyperspin auditing got added, multisystems, creating wheels... etc etc.

If you want features/additions it's best to leave an issue on the github and I can get to it at a later date, I don't mind fixing anything broken as and when though. Thinking about it now this did used to export information on your media audits, never roms.

RL doesnt need Roms paths set at all in test i removed rom path and it still finds proper path because in global is set <BASEROMPATH> path then with that he adds <system> tag and search for roms

Maybe not for RL but for HM it works a different way where it looks at the emulators.ini for that given system and takes the file extensions elsewhere. That's where I get the paths from and nowhere else.

IceLancer

RL Member
Yeah this version is working. Its still not showing full path ,but its writing properly.Portable config would be nice tho

BTW
can u at least add option "show only existing roms" and when exporting "dont export none existing roms" for collections etc.(multisystem)

IceLancer

RL Member
Whats up with video intro generator, i needed new ds vid, but tool keep saying ffmpeg not found. pointed to bin , pointed to root. Wasted half an hour and still couldnt make it work

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
when creating a new multiwheel database, I want to be able to link my videos, themes, and wheels from other folders so I save space and time when setting up a play list wheel. I have a list of all my games in one xml and tags associated with each based on the system they are from. Within the app, I believe a tag column is missing. Is there a way to add these items? I want to basically load a file, search on it, select the games I want for a new xml and link to the media as well to quickly make a playlist wheel.

thank you!

jevansoh

RL Member
Are the videos still available?

I have a problem with the program... As soon as I double click it, after about 5 seconds, it crashes. Every time. Running Windows 10 64 bit and have tried running as admin and compatibility mode for Win 7.

A green background loads but is unpopulated and after about 5 seconds it just crashes.

Thanks,

--J

jevansoh

RL Member
Unless I'm missing something, there's nothing to install. I just unzipped the package and double-clicked hypermint and that was it.

I tried it on another computer and it worked, so I don't know why it's not working on my HS computer.

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Hi

Revisted this yesterday (it's been a while) and made installer. Will be easier for me to update in future.

On the first page I have added the link which always points to latest build.

There's a link for Youtube-dl.exe as I didn't pack this with the installer. (ToDO: add this as a configurable path)

horseyhorsey

RL Member
Thank you for your hard work.

I've noticed that the multisystem function (the one which takes all favorites and make a custom list) doesnt work properly. What i've found is that the systems that are already multisystem lists don't be recognized by the program itself. This could be enabled easily if you make the program to check the proper folder from rocketlauncher (i think its the games.ini) so it can adapt better all favorites. Another problem i've found is when creating the multiwheel system, it makes it work very well and also i can see the wheels, but its not using any theme, so the option which takes the default theme in case the game theme is not found, is neither working.

Is there any possibility you can check this? Thank you

When you make a multi-system this new system will appear in Hyperspin and Hypermint but, MultiSystems are excluded from the MultiSystem search.

The idea is to make MultiSystems out of your Systems and not MultiSystems from MultiSystems.

------------------------

If you check "Include default" theme in the build then if you're missing a Theme for that game it will create one from the default Theme for each system type.

leslie

RL Member
Hi,

I'm adding a game into a database in hypermint but whenever i save database and go back to the system, it always give me this error.
"Object reference not set to an instance object"

Also, when I created multisystem, it works fine but when I add a new game to it only the game I added works fine and the other games dont work anymore. Rocketlauncher will have an error saying No Default_Emulator found

Am I missing something? I used the installer on the first post.

Running windows 10 64-bit. Build 1809

Hyperspin 1.5.1

ayyrun

The Hypermint 2.0 setup / installer was auto deleted from the archive. Can someone please mirror this? I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

rik81

Good evening everyone, I'm doing a new Hyperspin setup. Can I ask you about Hypermint 2.0 software? I don't know where I can download. Can anyone post the latest version available? Thank you