RadKade Project

lamuelwms

RL Member
Ok, lamuelwms! Thats indeed gonna win me over with 100+ systems.
In Xbmc's Rom Collection Browser you even have scrapers for the game info and art

There is already a scraper built in, not only that we have resources available for download @ no charge; this frontend is all about the sharing and preservation of video game media made available to all.

marxkemp

Then ill download it, try it and give you proper feedback. Still holding back because im to lazy to convert a few databases from hyperspin [emoji19]

lamuelwms

RL Member
Then ill download it, try it and give you proper feedback. Still holding back because im to lazy to convert a few databases from hyperspin [emoji19]

No need to convert, Rad Kade is compatible with every database type out there; the hyperspin database is already an options. we tried to cover all angles. :D i wouldnt download now though, because the final version is about to be pushed out here within two or three days.

@lank.g01 your order for infinite wheels (submenus) has been filled, check the video to see if this is what you wanted (if not i can tweak it), granted the artwork is way off because my artwork guy is away for today.

supports an infinite amount of submenus, so you can in theory break a mfg. down until your hearts content. in the above video, i broke sega down into console systems and arcade systems. consoles and systems each have their own submenu.

marxkemp

Cool! Multiple depth in menu's is so awesome!

Btw from the video i see an alphabet for games

That would also be nice for the systems, because if you dont want multiple depths you have to go through a 100 systems to get where you want

Last edited:

lamuelwms

RL Member
Cool! Multiple depth in menu's is so awesome!

Btw from the video i see an alphabet for games

That would also be nice for the systems, because if you dont want multiple depths you have to go through a 100 systems to get where you want

Consider this done per your request!

marxkemp

Btw dont know in what way your implementing it but what about the preservation of the system video's..

Last edited:

lamuelwms

RL Member
Btw dont know it what way your implementing it but what about the preservation of the system video's..

Videos are one thing we are really not focusing on at the moment (save old commercials of systems), most of our focus is around images, sounds, flyers, ads, manuals, etc. However, if we do run across an old video, we will gladly snatch it up. But actual game play videos (not so much, we will leave that in emumovies capable hands.)

marxkemp

Downloading the git now...
Started it..went to NES..the game 1943 has a gameplay video..

If the system is alphabetically choosable it should be cool to watch a system intro. We could use those from emumovies like i do for hyperspin

Btw When im in the NES menu i dont see a logo or reference that im in the NES Section..
Could be in the info screen or that nice banner which says use the force start a game now

lamuelwms

RL Member
Downloading the git now...
Started it..went to NES..the game 1943 has a gameplay video..

If the system is alphabetically choosable it should be cool to watch a system intro. We could use those from emumovies like i do for hyperspin

Btw When im in the NES menu i dont see a logo or reference that im in the NES Section..
Could be in the info screen or that nice banner which says use the force start a game now

The git is a shuffled mess at the moment i am afraid. If you want to have a good experience with rad kade i would suggest waiting two or so days until everything is panned out and formatted proper. the version on git is way behind the current beta version; has a lot of little quirks in it. by the way here is a demonstration of proper submenus that i just recorded (this is not on git for a few days.)

btw intro videos are already hardcoded in as well; press down at the main menu on the currently selected system and it should play a video (if its available).

marxkemp

I just couldn't wait :)

Looks great when you alt+enter to fullscreen, but it feels a little strange that the system selector screen is 16:9 and the game list screens are 4:3
Hehe, got the system intro working. It's only hiding behind the logo :)
nes.jpg

lank.g01

RL Member
The git is a shuffled mess at the moment i am afraid. If you want to have a good experience with rad kade i would suggest waiting two or so days until everything is panned out and formatted proper. the version on git is way behind the current beta version; has a lot of little quirks in it. by the way here is a demonstration of proper submenus that i just recorded (this is not on git for a few days.)

btw intro videos are already hardcoded in as well; press down at the main menu on the currently selected system and it should play a video (if its available).

Thats exactly what I was looking for man, I didn't expect any more then two levels of sub wheels, thats amazing we can have an infinite number.

Question, is it possible to have the same sub wheel in two or more other wheels? E.g. If I had Sega Game Gear in the "Sega Console" wheel and also had Sega Game Gear in the "Sega Handhelds" wheel. Also, if this example is possible whould they use the same media (wheels, videos, ect) or would we need duplicates for both wheels.

Thanks mate!!

lamuelwms

RL Member
Thats exactly what I was looking for man, I didn't expect any more then two levels of sub wheels, thats amazing we can have an infinite number.

Question, is it possible to have the same sub wheel in two or more other wheels? E.g. If I had Sega Game Gear in the "Sega Console" wheel and also had Sega Game Gear in the "Sega Handhelds" wheel. Also, if this example is possible whould they use the same media (wheels, videos, ect) or would we need duplicates for both wheels.

Thanks mate!!

It is possible. :)

MAIN MENU.xml
Code:
  <entry name="Sega Systems" parent="True" />
  <entry name="Nintendo Systems" parent="True" />

SEGA SYSTEMS.xml
Code:
  <entry name="Sega Arcade" parent="True" />
  <entry name="Sega Consoles" parent="True" />

How I made the system is if the parent="True" then we look for the name file (ie Sega Arcade = True, there for snatch Sega Arcade.xml") Those names are linked with a submenu database (pretty standard stuff.) You can have one system showing across 10,000 menus if you really wanted. :p And, glad you liked the feature.

Knewlife

RL Member
If this front end can use all of the hyperspin project artwok and support themes, not Hs ones just themes in general, this can be a real gem... I'm using mgalaxy right now as secondary front end because of is speed and simplicity... And is advance use of mame data. Catver and players.ini but it lacks artwork support. I can't read or look at the videos right now but will like to know more about t this fronted

And how to integrate it with hyperlaunch...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
So, just to be clear, you're telling me I can have a main menu list of Publishers IE "Nintendo - Atari - Sega - Sony" and then subwheels in each like "Consoles, Handhelds, Arcade" and then more subwheels like "Nintendo 64, SNES," under the right listing... and THEN a list of games for each..................

I feel like I'm cheating on Hyperspin.

lamuelwms

RL Member
So, just to be clear, you're telling me I can have a main menu list of Publishers IE "Nintendo - Atari - Sega - Sony" and then subwheels in each like "Consoles, Handhelds, Arcade" and then more subwheels like "Nintendo 64, SNES," under the right listing... and THEN a list of games for each..................

I feel like I'm cheating on Hyperspin.

That is exactly correct, you can have as many submenus as you wish; figured the organization freaks would love that lol.

lamuelwms

RL Member
Not sure if this peaks anybodies curiosity but I have now added filtering at the menu level. You can now have multiple wheels at the main menu tied to the same system that apply filters in their game menus.

for instance:

Code:
<entry name="MAME" filter="none" modifier="none" operator="none" parent="False" />

The above entry would display all MAME games whereas:

Code:
<entry name="MAME" filter="manufacturer|year|genre" modifier="Capcom|1984|Adult Games" operator="=|<|!=" parent="False" />

would display all MAME games released by Capcom prior to 1984 and would hide adult genre games. i just thought this type of filtering was something sorely missing from other frontends. you can apply up to four filters per list giving you a highly refined list. for instance if i wanted to show all Midway fighting games released between 1990 and 1995 i would use this entry:

Code:
<entry name="MAME" filter="manufacturer|year|year|genre" modifier="Midway|1990|1995|Fighting" operator="=|>=|<=|=" parent="False" />

anyhow i just thought i would show you all the latest feature that has been added, dynamic filtering.

marxkemp

This is great, because some of the hyperspin forum members are talking about work arounds by creating a static database with an external tool.
Your way keeps the roms but shows the filtered
In short: awesome!