Toasty?

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
I'm trying to remember the games I launched... Super Nintendo super punch out, some shooter game that was in the s or t too. I'll try and look it up. Then regular mario for Nes and for ps it was some ninja game. I'm going to check tonight to see if I can replicate! I remember the ps game was looking at 7z, I had the file in there and clearly wasn't playing and Damon was off because I don't have 7z. I turned Damon on to look at the 7zip but I can't remember if that was the time that I got it or not. I'll try it tonight, this is hilarious. All in all I moved 7zip to the end of the ini so it look at the right format and not the 7zip. I wonder if the other guys had a similar experience. Stay tuned tonight around midnight lol

This is the guy! I thought it would bring extra comic relief
http://youtu.be/Ae2tUteKd_w

Last edited:

Fromlostdays

Supporter
RL Member
I think what we feared may have finally come to pass. HyperLaunch has become self-aware... Brolly, we need to initiate protocol Clean Slate at once.

Please don't take away my hyperlaunch. It brings me such joy.

Much wow.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
This is hilarious and I've come to the conclusion the dev here are hilarious and it's got to be some reward system. I can't replicate it but I found a thread on hyperspin so I'm not the only one. Craig had it from frogger I've never launched the game yet but just did and nothing happened but it did for Craig at one time. He looked as did I for the media but it's no where. I'm sure djvj has it embedded somewhere sneaky :) Craig was able to find it in his temp file, I didn't find anything there

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?32659-ok-please-tell-me-im-NOT-crazy/page3

When I launched super punch out or r type for the snes or super Mario bro for Nes is when it happened for me I can remember but it happened in the AM yesterday

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Toasty guy is back. 3:37 is the time and I launched virtual boy wario. Launched it three times cuz I'm trying to get 3D off

Maybe this is a reward for using rocket launcher for X time recorded? Where could I go to see how long that is? When I launch I have this time documented

553570096cfba7f2d1277203512f0910.jpg

Tapatalk signature

Last edited:

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Ha I'm tells u it's real. Toasty guy essentially filled the space of the stats in the bottom right corner on top of the stats and probably as tall as the A button down to the bottom of the black bar. One day we will see the trends here. This is fun

I think it's a reward like if the global play is X it will appear. I'm thinking 12.5 hours may trigger it for global?

Tapatalk signature

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Me too until I did the research on this. Apparently he says toasty and the reason is Ed boon the maker of mk would always test the game with a dev and the toasty guy is that developer he would always play with. The developer would say you are toast and Ed thought it was hilarious he would say odd stuff like that so he made him out it in the game. Kind of cool and funny story

Also the new icon that displays in games has a toast picture on the shirt of the guy also reinforcing toastie

Tapatalk signature

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Just got it again. Funny, Nintendo disk system. I just missed him, one of these days I'll snap Em

Was trying to set up some Santa clause video snap and hit swap disk, got a disk error message in nestopia, then reopened the game again a few seconds. Note I had rocket launcher up at the same time. Come to think about it, I always have it open at the same time it happens but this is only like the 4th time I've seen him

6bbd7fa10d3b48826e70e0b4b582b37a.jpg

Tapatalk signature

aorin1

RL Member
I read this post some time ago, and I thought it was fun, but it never happened to me, until earlier today, I kinda got scared since I launched 1000s of titles in the last two or three years and it never happened, lol, I think some of you guys trolled us, it's totally random and rare to happen, and the toasty guy is in HD, not the pixalated one from the original MK game, LOL.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Lol finally! What was you experience? Do you recall anything other then you utter amazement :D surely there is a sequence that makes him appear. I think rl has to be up and something else?

aorin1

RL Member
Lol finally! What was you experience? Do you recall anything other then you utter amazement :D surely there is a sequence that makes him appear. I think rl has to be up and something else?

I got scared, he appeared and said "toasty!", the sound was loud, I wasn't expecting that!

Who knows what happens if we press down+start? Maybe something really secret.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Lol well I'm going to try pressing down and start while it's loading just for fun. Did you restart loading games multiple times in a quick period? Did you launch from rl? Was it the first launch to the new system who knows how it happens but I want it more. I havnt had it for a while. Posted each time it happened to me

aorin1

RL Member
Lol well I'm going to try pressing down and start while it's loading just for fun. Did you restart loading games multiple times in a quick period? Did you launch from rl? Was it the first launch to the new system who knows how it happens but I want it more. I havnt had it for a while. Posted each time it happened to me

I was launching lots of roms, via RL directly, I updated a lot of stuff today since Retroarch changed lots of things, good things btw, so I figured out that Retroarch FBA core now can force AES mode, the console version of the NEO GEO games, we can change options, customize controls, etc., so I was trying lots of roms, Fatal Fury 3, Special, Art of Fighting 3, KOF 98,99, etc., suddenly this devil appeared from nowhere, god, what the fuck, my speakers were loud, I mess with RL for years! I hope I don`t see this son of a b%$%# again, hahaha.