Toasty?

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Ya man it's usually when I see him too, it's been a while though but ya it's as always through rl launching a game and usually when I'm testing a system
For the first time, test multiple games that's all I got. I thought it was specific games on the first launch but it's probably some awesome joke from the rl team

Toasty guy would show up on fade in screen in the bottom right or left now I forget it's been so long and he pops in then out and seconds before the game actually starts

aorin1

RL Member
Pics or it didn't happen :)

I'm holding Windows key ready to press print screen key after launching each game again, so I can capture it, but it's so rare to happen, that I can be wasting time waiting for it to happen again.
And, even with a print screen, people will think I cheated in Photoshop lol!

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
I'm holding Windows key ready to press print screen key after launching each game again, so I can capture it, but it's so rare to happen, that I can be wasting time waiting for it to happen again.
And, even with a print screen, people will think I cheated in Photoshop lol!

Truth!

It's definitely a rl trick I think, but I've only had it happen 4 times EVER

rfancella

Super Moderator
Supporter
RL Member
Does anyone else think the guy looks like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory?? LOL

Thanks,
Ron

jeremy0203

Supporter
RL Member
Never seen him. Don't believe it, those who have "seen" him are just in on the joke all together =)

aorin1

RL Member
Never seen him. Don't believe it, those who have "seen" him are just in on the joke all together =)

No problem, you`ll see him sooner or later, then you`ll see it`s not a joke, actually it is a joke, since they put it in RL, but not the joke you`re thinking it is, if we saw it, you`ll see it soon too.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Yes it's 100% real and wish I knew the combination of items to make it happen. It's a hilarious Easter egg especially when you are not expecting it. There is a combination of things there has to be. I hope a dev cracks and tells us because it's simply amazing

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Lol ya it's amazing. Agent remember what you were doing, which game and which system? Did you launch from rlui or a front end

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Lol yep I saw it, I was plowing the field then boom. I got a good laugh out of it but now every night I see a flashing light.

We have to get to the bottom of it seriously. I want to see toasty man more!

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
MAME, 1942, from RLUI. My guess would be a random number generated during launch from a wide range and when the special number is picked he appears. But I don't wanna kill your dream of the planets aligning with a bunch of special circumstances ninja, so adjust your tin foil hat and keep your eyes on the sky.

Or you could always set up capture software and a script to repeatedly launch and close random games until you get another sighting.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Lol ok

One thing that is consistent is you have to launch from rlui. Never have I seen it from Hyperspin? I've seen it four times.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
It's real. Do you remember anything about it? Game? System? Benchmark hours played? Did you launch from rl or from Hyperspin? Did you launch multiple games in a short time

RetroHumanoid

RL Member
my 5 year old started up a game and it popped out...scared the hell out of him,lol. I have seen it a few times randomly before that too. No statistics for you though as to when and where,sorry. The one thing I can tell you, is that it was launched from inside hyperspin.

------------------------------------
YouTube,FaceBook,Twitter@RetroHumanoid