RocketLauncher v1.0.1.3

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
Guys, jump back one page. This was JUST being discussed, repeatedly. It's a current issue with RLUI and sounds like it'll easily be fixed. For now, do the following:

1. Go to "...\RocketLauncher\Settings" and open Global RocketLauncher.ini

2. Look for the line "Exit_Emulator_Key="

3. Make sure it is under the [Exit] section and not under [Settings] section, so simply move it if so.

4. Manually type in your exit key/s here if necessary and save the ini, should be fine now

Just don't try to set emu exit key with RLUI at the moment or it'll mess up the ini, so ignore the fact that shows up black in there.

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
Why is there an "extra screen" option now? Dumb. I remember when everything use to flow perfectly. When I was able to fade in to my emulators with awesomeness and fade out with awesomeness. Now I get this glitchy b.s. that can be fixed with a "extra screen" tick.... Oh wait, NO that doesn't fix it. Jesus Christ.
Fades work fine for most emulators and were never perfect at any point, emulators like Project64 and PCSX2 have always been a bit problematic with the fade timings. At least now it's all highly configurable and delays can be set, none of this used to even be possible. The "extra screen" option has been around for ages too. Some emulators like Mednafen for example flashes the desktop or frontend before fading out. It's something to do with directdraw or directx, I'm not sure. djvj could explain better. You can check out the fade differences by switching between openGL and D3D with RetroArch for example, where D3D will fade out much smoother than opengl. So the extra screen option can help by throwing up a black screen then the flash to desktop isn't visible.

You know if you have specific issues, that's what these forums are for. Not to glob together a bunch of venom while insulting people's hard work that doesn't detail any of your exact problems. RL is always being worked on and only has a few people helping out, obviously problems will arise.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Guys it works fine. In the module extensions u will find rocketlauncher.dll and u just need to properties it and unblock it.

Tapatalk signature

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yeah I'm creating it under the Settings section, you told me to just move the key to that file so I kept it under the same section name since you didn't tell me otherwise :p
I'll have to fix that then.

Mode_Rotation_Angle is also under a section named "Mode" not "Settings" as you told me on the thread where this setting was created, but seems you now moved it to Settings?

Yea the key is under Exit, I just kept the same section name because we already had a section called Exit in Global/System. The Mode_Rotation_Angle is under normal settings. I could have sworn we later agreed to keep it in settings.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Well, the post I'm looking at only states Mode, if it was discussed somewhere else I can't find it. But that's fine, I just need to know for sure if I should move it to Settings or not so I don't need to be moving things back and forth.

jarryd2nd

rocketlauncher error.png

this is the error iv been getting tonight after updating and trying to launch my games. when i try to launch a game through rocketlauncher i get the following error:- error loading the ddl: F:rocketlauncher\module\exstensions\rocketlauncher.ddl

also when i select mame on the left tab under global i have the games audited then once i click on global and go back to Mame the list disappears
please note i tried this in my folder minutes ago to try and fix the issue.
http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post15197

gigapig

RL Member
Would someone mind explaining why only some PC's would get the rocketLauncher.dll security issue and not others. I didn't get it on mine (Windows 10) and when I check the properties of the file I don't have the unblock button.
Would it be something people have installed or set in the OS? I ask because I was trying the help someone with the issue and lacked the knowledge.
Cheers.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
I'm puzzled by it as well. We didn't change the dll at all. Only changed slightly the method how it's accessed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

anthonydbaldwin

Would someone mind explaining why only some PC's would get the rocketLauncher.dll security issue and not others. I didn't get it on mine (Windows 10) and when I check the properties of the file I don't have the unblock button.
Would it be something people have installed or set in the OS? I ask because I was trying the help someone with the issue and lacked the knowledge.
Cheers.

I don't know, but I can't figure out how to fix it! It's completely consumed my day.

Any help?!?!

brolly

Administrator
Developer
As it was explained already, right click RocketLauncher.dll -> Properties and then press the Unblock button at the bottom:
3tjOKOe.png

I'm not sure why files are getting blocked either, probably be related to the UAC settings on how the new CLR library loads the dll as the dll itself didn't change, I simply cannot replicate it on my end as well. I'm adding some extra logs to RLUI to see if I can get some more info about it (I know it's related with the ADS file info), but for that will need someone which is having this issue to work closely with me on this so I can have someone to serve as a guinea pig.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Just updated RLUI to fix the issues with the exit emulator key and mode rotation angle settings. New version is now live.

neonrage

RL Member
As it was explained already, right click RocketLauncher.dll -> Properties and then press the Unblock button at the bottom:
3tjOKOe.png

I'm not sure why files are getting blocked either, probably be related to the UAC settings on how the new CLR library loads the dll as the dll itself didn't change, I simply cannot replicate it on my end as well. I'm adding some extra logs to RLUI to see if I can get some more info about it (I know it's related with the ADS file info), but for that will need someone which is having this issue to work closely with me on this so I can have someone to serve as a guinea pig.

Brolly, it was very likely always this way and the switch in how the DLL is being utilized is the cause. There may not be anything you can do about it other than instructing users to add the URL that the files are downloaded from to Trusted Sites in their Internet Settings.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Thanks brolly, I blame bleasby, he sent me that file and he likes to mess with me :).
The official statement is let's blame bleasby then :)

Yes! I am all in favor of blaming the guy that is not around.
Just don't like it when its me. :eek:

I think I need to get back to be active, if not you two will be able to destroy, in no time, my already small reputation around here.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Brolly, it was very likely always this way and the switch in how the DLL is being utilized is the cause. There may not be anything you can do about it other than instructing users to add the URL that the files are downloaded from to Trusted Sites in their Internet Settings.
I'm pretty sure I can do something about it, but I'd just like to be able to reproduce the issue on my end or at least get someone with the problem that can test things for me.

I think I need to get back to be active, if not you two will be able to destroy, in no time, my already small reputation around here.
Yeah you do, you can't even imagine the sort of things we talk about you on your back while you're not around...