RocketLauncher v1.0.1.3

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
I'm pretty sure I can do something about it, but I'd just like to be able to reproduce the issue on my end or at least get someone with the problem that can test things for me.

Yeah you do, you can't even imagine the sort of things we talk about you on your back while you're not around...

Hi Brolly,

I have a backup pre-update/dll fix. I'd be happy to test for you...

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That would be great newoski, for starters please update that setup to the most recent versions, make sure is still failing with the DLL error and then start RLUI (the newer version) and post the log file as I added some more debugging lines to it to see if I can get to the root of the problem and see if something can be done about it in code.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
That would be great newoski, for starters please update that setup to the most recent versions, make sure is still failing with the DLL error and then start RLUI (the newer version) and post the log file as I added some more debugging lines to it to see if I can get to the root of the problem and see if something can be done about it in code.

This is with logging to set to troubleshooting. Oddly, I don't see the rocketlauncher.dll referenced at all in the log

I do receive the error message though

http://pastebin.com/vnyMe6WA

brolly

Administrator
Developer
I need the log from RLUI not RL.

EDIT: I think I figured why this only happens to some persons, did you guys download the full RL install from the downloads section using IE or Edge?

EDIT2: Confirmed, that's it. I can now replicate the problem if I download the install package from IE, had to be something stupid from Microsoft... problem I'm seeing is that this will basically block ALL the files and not only that particular dll so this might cause some other unexpected issues at one point or another. I'll try to fix the RL DLL issue, but I don't suggest anyone to be using IE/Edge I honestly had no idea anyone would still use them these days.

Last edited:

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
I need the log from RLUI not RL.

EDIT: I think I figured why this only happens to some persons, did you guys download the full RL install from the downloads section using IE or Edge?

EDIT2: Confirmed, that's it. I can now replicate the problem if I download the install package from IE, had to be something stupid from Microsoft... problem I'm seeing is that this will basically block ALL the files and not only that particular dll so this might cause some other unexpected issues at one point or another. I'll try to fix the RL DLL issue, but I don't suggest anyone to be using IE/Edge I honestly had no idea anyone would still use them these days.

For future reference, how do I get a RLUI log file?

Also, for what it's worth, I downloaded directly via the updater in RLUI. I never use IE

brolly

Administrator
Developer
You must have downloaded RL at least once at the very first time you installed it, it didn't magically appear on your machine :)
That's what I'm referring to.
The RLUI log file is on the RLUI folder.

So I think I have this working, first make sure you're still getting the DLL error, then exit RLUI and download & extract this new version into your RLUI folder:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=88533859194750977013

Make sure you also extract the new dll inside the Lib folder. Then run RLUI again and try to launch a game, it should work. Please post your RLUI log even if it works for me to check it out.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
You must have downloaded RL at least once at the very first time you installed it, it didn't magically appear on your machine :)
That's what I'm referring to.
The RLUI log file is on the RLUI folder.

So I think I have this working, first make sure you're still getting the DLL error, then exit RLUI and download & extract this new version into your RLUI folder:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=88533859194750977013

Make sure you also extract the new dll inside the Lib folder. Then run RLUI again and try to launch a game, it should work. Please post your RLUI log even if it works for me to check it out.

Yup, original download was via IE.

This download fixed it the problem!

http://pastebin.com/EAXk34Xn

dvdbob

RL Member
Err guys - is this related ..... After the update when I select a MAME game from RL it just give me the error 'no valid roms found in the archive' but when I set the skip checks to ROM only it loads MAME but with the generic MAME select game screen, selecting the game from this point works fine. The correct bezel for the game loads though. I'm confused :(

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Err guys - is this related ..... After the update when I select a MAME game from RL it just give me the error 'no valid roms found in the archive' but when I set the skip checks to ROM only it loads MAME but with the generic MAME select game screen, selecting the game from this point works fine. The correct bezel for the game loads though. I'm confused :(

This is not a question for this thread.

Your answer is to set Skip Checks to Rom Only for your Mame system in RLUI.

dvdbob

RL Member
Thanks for that - I thought it was related because it ONLY started after after the update. In the initial post I did say that I'd tried the Skip Roms option but it still didn't fix the issue. I'm sure it'll get resolved. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Metalzoic

RL Member
Does this update happen with the auto-update feature built into RL, or do I need to download and install this as a separate file?

zxthehedgehog

New RLUI is crashing on my machine.

Log:

INFO 2015-09-02 06:01:55 [1] RocketLauncher.UI.Util.FileUtils RocketLauncher.UI.Util.FileUtils.findDllFolder:)0) – 7z.dll found in D:\Hyperspin\RocketLauncherUI\lib
DEBUG 2015-09-02 06:01:55 [1] RocketLauncher.UI.Ini.RocketLauncherUIIni RocketLauncher.UI.Ini.RocketLauncherUIIni..ctor:)0) – RocketLauncherUI ini file path is D:\Hyperspin\RocketLauncherUI\Settings\RocketLauncherUI.ini
DEBUG 2015-09-02 06:01:55 [1] RocketLauncher.UI.Ini.IniFile RocketLauncher.UI.Ini.IniFile..ctor:)0) – Loading INI File D:\Hyperspin\RocketLauncherUI\Settings\RocketLauncherUI.ini
DEBUG 2015-09-02 06:01:55 [1] RocketLauncher.UI.Ini.RocketLauncherUIIni RocketLauncher.UI.Ini.RocketLauncherUIIni.readIniValues:)0) – Window coordinates are : 960|1040|752|787
DEBUG 2015-09-02 06:01:55 [1] RocketLauncher.UI.Util.AdsUtil RocketLauncher.UI.Util.AdsUtil.checkIfFileIsBlocked:)0) – Security zone for 'D:\Hyperspin\Module Extensions\RocketLauncher.dll' is MyComputer
FATAL 2015-09-02 06:01:55 [1] RocketLauncher.UI.App RocketLauncher.UI.App.OnStartup:)0) – The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007B)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007B)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
at Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs.SafeNativeMethods.ThrowIOError(Int32 errorCode, String path)
at Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs.SafeNativeMethods.ThrowLastIOError(String path)
at Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs.SafeNativeMethods.SafeGetFileAttributes(String name)
at Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs.FileSystem.AlternateDataStreamExists(FileSystemInfo file, String streamName)
at Trinet.Core.IO.Ntfs.FileSystem.AlternateDataStreamExists(String filePath, String streamName)
at RocketLauncher.UI.Util.AdsUtil.checkIfFileIsBlocked(String filePath)
at RocketLauncher.UI.Util.AdsUtil.deleteADSInfo(String filePath)
at RocketLauncher.UI.App.validateApp()
at RocketLauncher.UI.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Brolly, RLUI doesn't even open for me now. No log is ever created. It stays as a running process and I have to close it via task manager. I tried the one on the update folder and the one you posted above. Both do the same thing.