RocketLauncher v1.0.1.5

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Important changes regarding this release:

All fade images found in the RocketLauncher\Media\Fade\_Default\Genre should be moved to the RocketLauncher\Media\Genre folder. The same is applied to the Manufacturer, Rating, System and Year sub-folders. This allows these images to be shared with any of RL's features.
They will now all be searched for like so:

• RocketLauncher\Media\Developer
  • RocketLauncher\Media\Genre
  • RocketLauncher\Media\Manufacturer (deprecated, see below)
  • RocketLauncher\Media\Publisher
  • RocketLauncher\Media\Rating
  • RocketLauncher\Media\Year
In each of these folders, to utilize default images for all systems, place media in the _Default subfolder.
For example, move all your genre images to:

• RocketLauncher\Media\Genre\_Default

The RL Manufacturer media folder is deprecated in favor of the correct Publisher and Developer terms. Any user that had a custom fade animation that makes use of the deprecated Manufacturer info, should now refer to it as the Publisher, and also move any Manufacturer logo to the RocketLauncher\Media\Publisher folder.

Invalid file name characters are now replaced by hyphen or removed from the file names in order to be able to have media assets for them. For example, the logo for '99: The Last War (Kyugo) will be found at: RocketLauncher\Media\Logos\MAME\'99 - The Last War (Kyugo)\*.png

Genre names with invalid file name characters has a special rule. \ and | characters are replaced by / in order to support a genre organization with sub-folders. For example, the database genre named Sports\Baseball will have its logo found at: RocketLauncher\Media\Genre\_Default\Sports\Baseball.png

2016/01/11

• Keymapper Init updated to v1.0.5
    • Refactored lib for future upgrades
    • JoyIds will no longer error if field is blank in RLUI. It will automatically populate use_global so the global setting is used instead.
  • Keymapper updated to v1.1.3
  • Password.ahk updated to v1.0.3
    • DLL calls now use Lib

2016/01/09

• Pause.ahk updated to v1.1.8
    • Fixed description text position when an offset is applied to the main pause menu bar.
    • Added option to choose the pause sub menu appearance speed.
    • Adapted pause force resolution code to new resolution functions.
    • DLL calls now use Lib
  • Bezel.ahk updated to v1.1.10
    • Fixed bezel background being draw above game window.
    • Fixed bug on bezel change background switch not happening when the ini coordinates didn't changed between bezels.

2016/01/08

• Fade Animations.ahk updated to v1.1.12
    • Added support for Fade aleatorily chosen mp3 files. The file name should follow the naming convention: Loading*.mp3, Loading complete*.mp3, 7z extracting*.mp3 and 7z complete*.mp3, wherecould be any string defined by the user.
    • DLL calls now use Lib
  • Fade.ahk updated to v1.1.5
    • Added support for Fade aleatorily chosen mp3 files. The file name should follow the naming convention: Loading*.mp3, Loading complete*.mp3, 7z extracting*.mp3 and 7z complete*.mp3, wherecould be any string defined by the user.
  • Pause.ahk updated to v1.1.7
    • Renamed RINI related variables to avoid conflict with RL variable names. This change demanded a huge code line replacement so we ask please any user to report if they find any pause or statistics settings that does not hold their values.
  • Statistics.ahk updated to v1.0.4
    • Renamed RINI related variables to avoid conflict with RL variable names. This change demanded a huge code line replacement so we ask please any user to report if they find any pause or statistics settings that does not hold their values.
  • Shared.ahk updated to v1.3.8
    • updated CheckForNearestSupportedRes function to work with new monitor functions
    • DLL calls now use Lib
  • Bezel.ahk updated to v1.1.9
    • Added support for bezel game monitor setting. If bezel is enable and a valid bezel is found the game screen will be displayed at the user selected monitor defined on this option. By default, the game will be displayed on the primary monitor.

2016/01/04

• Fade Animations.ahk updated to v1.1.11, Shared.ahk updated to v1.3.7 and HyperSpin, GameEx, HyperPin and PinballX plugins updated
    • Added support for new RL media folders: Genre, Publisher, Developer, Rating and Year media support
    • Removed Manufacturer media references on RL in favor of Publisher.

2015/12/28

• Virtual Drive.ahk updated to v1.0.4
    • Added support for Daemon Tools 4 Ultra
    • DLL calls now use Lib

2015/12/20

• Gdip_Alt.ahk updated to v1.0.3
    • Fixed invalid function declaration in Gdip_Alt_DrawImage

2015/12/08

• 7z.ahk updated to v1.0.3
    • Now logs how much time it took to perform an extraction
    • DLL calls now use Lib
  • Bezel.ahk updated to v1.1.8
    • Added some logs when bezels windows are moved
    • Fixing punctuation on ahk commands

2015/11/17

• RocketLauncher updated to v1.0.1.5
    • RL Dll version now logged
    • Added WinIPAC and UltraMap support
    • Added new feature to restore resolution on exit
    • New settings: Base_Rom_Path, WinIPAC_Path, WinIPAC_Enabled, UltraMap_Path, UltraMap_Enabled, Restore_Resolution_On_Exit, Fade_Rom_Info_Developer, Fade_Rom_Info_Publisher, Fade_Rom_Info_Text_7_Options
    • RL now logs these system settings to assist with troubleshooting: System Locale, Windows UI Language, Formats Locale, Text Encoding
    • -o CLI switch added to always restore cursor on exit even if HideCursor is set to an option to prevent it
    • HideCursor and HideTaskbar now have additional options to not restore on exit
    • Quite a bit of refactoring done to support future upgrades
    • Fade_Rom_Info_Order default value changed from "Description|SystemName|Year|Manufacturer|Genre|Rating" to "Description|SystemName|Year|Developer|Genre|Rating|Publisher"
    • Show_Info default value changed from "HistoryDatDescription|HistoryDatTechnical|HistoryDatTrivia|HistoryDatSeries|HighScores" to "Cloneof|Crc|Developer|Publisher|Year|Genre|Rating|HistoryDatDescription|HistoryDa tTechnical|HistoryDatTrivia|HistoryDatSeries|Histo ryDatSources|HighScores"
    • Removed this setting as it's not longer needed: Fade_Rom_Info_Manufacturer
    • Added log on exit letting user know what RL sees as active window
  • Shared.ahk updated to v1.3.6
  • Pause.ahk updated to v1.1.6
  • MultiGame.ahk updated to v1.0.9
    • DLL calls now use Lib
  • MultiPlayer.ahk updated to v1.0.8
  • Rom Mapping Launch Menu.ahk updated to v1.0.7

Last edited by a moderator:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
RocketLauncherUI Update!

2016/01/12
RocketLauncherUI updated to v1.0.1.0
  • Changed Pause's Force Resolution field validator to use x|y|w|z format instead of integer
  • Added support for the new Restore_Resolution_On_Exit setting
  • Added support for the new Set_Resolution setting which will change your display resolution when starting a game
  • Created editor and validator for display settings
  • Moved Virtual_Emulator out of RocketLauncherUI.ini to Emulators.ini. You will need to edit your virtual emulators and tick the virtual checkbox for each of them once again
  • Added support for Keyboard Encoder settings Keyboard_Encoder, Keyboard_Encoder_Enabled
  • Added support for WinIPAC and Ultramap settings WinIPAC_Path, UltraMap_Path, UltraMap_Enabled
  • Created new Mappings tab under Settings and moved all keyboard mapping related settings to it (Keymapper, Keyencoders, vjoy, etc.)
  • Added support to create/edit Keyboard Encoder profiles under the Keymapper section. WinIPAC supported, but also Ultrastik/Ultramap
  • You can now create a default profile under .\Profiles\_Default\%TYPE%\_Default.%ext% and this will be used as a base when creating a new keymap profile through RLUI (Required for WinIPAC)
  • Added support for the Base_Rom_Path setting and updated auditing and database generator to make use of it
  • Added do_not_restore option to Hide_Taskbar and do_not_restore, custom_and_do_not_restore to Hide_Cursor
  • Updated RetroFE plugin to ignore comments inside the include.txt file
  • Added ChangeLog form to the Updater, use it to check for all the changes before updating
  • Added new exclude text field to the log viewer filter panel
  • Added new buttons to load the RocketLauncher and RocketLauncher DLL logs directly to the log viewer
  • Added mandatory PluginVersion attribute to all plugins
  • Added support for new Pause setting: Appearance_Duration
  • Added support for new Bezel setting: Game_Monitor
  • Replaced Fade_Rom_Info_Manufacturer setting with Fade_Rom_Info_Publisher and Fade_Rom_Info_Developer

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Thanks for the constant updates! When I look in my media folder I only see the new rating folder. I don't see the other folders mentioned ie like publisher or genre.

As a side note, where would I see that new media in rl? I know where rating shows up but I don't think I have seen anything else noted above

chelo2014

RL Member
thank you very much for the update, but I have a problem when exiting a game the mouse is not restored to hide out windows :confused:

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Thanks for the constant updates! When I look in my media folder I only see the new rating folder. I don't see the other folders mentioned ie like publisher or genre.

As a side note, where would I see that new media in rl? I know where rating shows up but I don't think I have seen anything else noted above

The RocketLauncher install do not add all possible media folders. It only adds the minimal install to your setup.
You can create by yourself the media folder for Developer, Genre, Publisher,... as listed on the announcement post.

thank you very much for the update, but I have a problem when exiting a game the mouse is not restored to hide out windows :confused:

Please do not use the announcement thread to ask for help. Just create a thread on the appropriate forum section following the instructions here:
http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Troubleshooting

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
More about the invalid characters replace on file names:

Any database character that corresponds to an invalid filename character will be replaced by RocketLauncher automatically in order to allow a corresponding media art.

The rule is:

For game, system, developer, publisher, rating and year logos:
Code:
/,*,| are replaced by "-"
: is replaced by " - "
?,",<,> are removed
Any double blank spaces are removed to search for media files

For genre logos:
Code:
/,| are replaced by "\"   This means that when either / or | is found on a database genre, the result genre logo will be located on a subfolder. For example, the genre logo for the database entry Sports/Baseball will be found at RocketLauncher\Media\Genre\_Default\Sports\Baseball.png
* is replaced by "-"
: is replaced by " - "
?,",<,> are removed
Any double blank spaces are removed to search for media files

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Thanks. What does the developer folder do? I assume if you want things by system you would have Nes with the default folder. Then within the folder you could have a default folder and folders for each games like the other folders support?

What do the following folders do and where do you see the input? I guess the fade screen?

Developer
Genre
Publisher
System
Year
Rating display I'm already familiar with

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
The most direct use is indeed on the fade screen.

All these folders corresponds to information that could be possible acquired from the frontend databases.
When available, you can use this info on fade screens, pause or any other plugin or future RL feature.
In order to support using media files to these instead of simply using a text, we added support on Rocketlauncher for media folders for each of these assets.

So, in summary, if you have a database with these fields, you could show a logo for developer, publisher, rating and so on on any RL menu or feature, like on fade for example. Before this was only possible on the fade screen and it was much more limited than now.

HyperSpin databases most of the time wrongly named the publisher info as manufacturer. In relation to that we are just removing this mistake from RL and making a hardlink on the HyperSpin plugin to translate the HS manufacturer to the RL publisher info.

PS: By the way, there is no system media folder. It was a typing mistake. The system logos are located on the RocketLauncher\Media\Logos\systemName\_Default folders.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Thanks so just to confirm. We should create the following

Developer>_Default
Genre>_Default
Year>_Default
Publisher>_Default

Within those root folders, we can't be system specific and all systems will use the root default folder, correct? Or will the structure allow a default folder then a folder for each system? The first thing in my mind is sizing issues. Say you have a year PNG and it displays within fade. If you have the same year PNG within pause, won't it be the same size? I like how you all are making things more accessible I'm just trying to figure out how I'll use it. Thanks again

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Is the path structure of the WinIPAC support correct?

It's asking me to create a Default profile here:
...\RocketLauncher\Profiles\_Default\WinIPAC\_Default.ipc

Shouldn't it be:
...\RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC\_Default\_Default.ipc

?

There's also not enough information about where to save the files/folder structure...

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Is the path structure of the WinIPAC support correct?
It's asking me to create a Default profile here:
...\RocketLauncher\Profiles\_Default\WinIPAC\_Default.ipc

Shouldn't it be:
...\RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC\_Default\_Default.ipc

It's telling you to put a default ipc profile in the above folder and that's correct, that will be used as a base for any other WinIPAC profile you create afterwards. This is because it's not possible for us to generate an ipc file automatically since this will vary a lot from WinIPAC version to type (ipac2, ipac4, minipac, etc.).
The actual folder structure that will be read by RL is the usual one as in AHK profiles for instance, just create a few profiles and check the folders to check it out. If you create everything through RLUI as you should you don't even need to worry about the folder structure anyway.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
It's telling you to put a default ipc profile in the above folder and that's correct, that will be used as a base for any other WinIPAC profile you create afterwards. This is because it's not possible for us to generate an ipc file automatically since this will vary a lot from WinIPAC version to type (ipac2, ipac4, minipac, etc.).
The actual folder structure that will be read by RL is the usual one as in AHK profiles for instance, just create a few profiles and check the folders to check it out. If you create everything through RLUI as you should you don't even need to worry about the folder structure anyway.
It's not that simple. When I create a profile via the RLUI, it opens the WinIPAC software so I can customize the profile, but then I still have to click Save and manually set the path... I'm just not sure where to save to. Nothing I am saving is showing up in the RLUI after refreshing

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Thanks so just to confirm. We should create the following

Developer>_Default
Genre>_Default
Year>_Default
Publisher>_Default

Within those root folders, we can't be system specific and all systems will use the root default folder, correct? Or will the structure allow a default folder then a folder for each system? The first thing in my mind is sizing issues. Say you have a year PNG and it displays within fade. If you have the same year PNG within pause, won't it be the same size? I like how you all are making things more accessible I'm just trying to figure out how I'll use it. Thanks again

These media folders follow the basic structure of all RL media files supporting a general default, a default by system and a game specific art asset.

Logos, Genre, Developer, Publisher, Rating and Year allows you to:

1) set logos on a default folder to be used on all systems:
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\_Default\Konami.png
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\_Default\Atari.png
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\_Default\...

2) set Logos only used by a specific system (if you want to have a logo handmade for a specific console for example):
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\Atari 2600\_Default\Atari.png

3) set Logos specific to a game (if you want a logo handmade for a specific game)
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\Atari 2600\3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (USA)\Atari.png

The file name (Atari on the example above), must match the the entry obtained from the frontend database. Therefore, in the above example if you run a game with the database entry for developer named Atari, and if you set to use a image to show the developer info on the fade screen, RL will search on the above paths for the developer image file to know which logo should show on the fade screen.

The image size displayed is handled by the fade settings or on the respective settings of any other RL feature.
For example, on the default fade settings that comes with RL I defined that the ratings image will be show with a pre determined height, so it doesn't matter if you use different image sizes for ratings logos , it will always resize them to show as they should on the fade screen.
Take a look at the ratings folder and you will see that the HRSR ratings logos are much smaller than the others, but they will show exactly equal as the other logos on the fade screen.