RocketLauncher v1.0.1.5

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
THIS IS A CALL FROM ME TO EVERYBODY THAT USES ROCKETLAUNCHER!
(sorry for the caps)

It is as much important to us to help users with their problems as it is to identify that things work as they should after introducing new features.
So please, do not post only when you need our help!
We also need your help to know which features are working as they should.
We do not have the time or the equipment to test extensively every new feature that we add to RocketLauncher, and it is only possible to add more stable features if people do help us to assure that the ones already introduced are working as they should.

So, I ask you to take five minutes to test any of the new features added and make a simple post just saying:

The feature "balblabla" works on my computer!

We also need your feedback to help improving RocketLauncher!
Thks

aorin1

RL Member
Thanks for the updates, as soon as I updated mine, I noticed that Sega Saturn isn't working like it was before, the other systems seems to be fine, I get this message when I try loading any game.

What have I missed?

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 7

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
These media folders follow the basic structure of all RL media files supporting a general default, a default by system and a game specific art asset.

Logos, Genre, Developer, Publisher, Rating and Year allows you to:

1) set logos on a default folder to be used on all systems:
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\_Default\Konami.png
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\_Default\Atari.png
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\_Default\...

2) set Logos only used by a specific system (if you want to have a logo handmade for a specific console for example):
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\Atari 2600\_Default\Atari.png

3) set Logos specific to a game (if you want a logo handmade for a specific game)
RocketLauncher\Media\Developer\Atari 2600\3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (USA)\Atari.png

The file name (Atari on the example above), must match the the entry obtained from the frontend database. Therefore, in the above example if you run a game with the database entry for developer named Atari, and if you set to use a image to show the developer info on the fade screen, RL will search on the above paths for the developer image file to know which logo should show on the fade screen.

The image size displayed is handled by the fade settings or on the respective settings of any other RL feature.
For example, on the default fade settings that comes with RL I defined that the ratings image will be show with a pre determined height, so it doesn't matter if you use different image sizes for ratings logos , it will always resize them to show as they should on the fade screen.
Take a look at the ratings folder and you will see that the HRSR ratings logos are much smaller than the others, but they will show exactly equal as the other logos on the fade screen.

Great work you all and great explanation

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
In terms of issues, I am caught up on all the forums and the following are things I've read are issues bleasby

Here is my log at troubleshooting level.
I launched sf2 with mame and hidecursor = true. After exiting the mouse pointer is not restored.

http://pastebin.com/wvEJTgVr

?dolphin isd does not work? They don't state the version or anything around the emulator

Folks are having issues with sega saturns module. One person took a screenshot within rl ui and it was saying something was missing in the autohotkey.dll

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
2016/01/17
* RocketLauncher updated to v1.0.1.5a
- Fixed mouse cursor not restoring right on exit

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Also part of this release, you do not need to set rom paths anymore for each system. You can just set your base rom path in RLUI and as long as subfolders within the base rom path match the system name, RL will find your roms in those system folders.

For example, base rom path is C:\roms and your system is called MAME, place your MAME roms in C:\roms\MAME and RL will find them.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Not sure if this was happening before, but after pulling the latest update (fixes), the system logo in the top left corner of Fade In is taking longer than usual to appear. Like a half second after the rest of fade.

http://pastebin.com/BuTxYvjr

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yea that is taking a bit long, is this what you are talking about?
14:06:18:114 | MD | INFO | +0 | GetFadePicFile - Randomized images and Fade will use D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Media\Fade\SNK Neo Geo\_Default\Extra Layer 1 - Console.png
14:06:18:296 | MD | INFO | +188 | DefaultAnimateFadeIn - Started, direction is: in
14:06:18:296 | MD | INFO | +0 | DefaultAnimateFadeIn - Drawing First FadeIn Image.
14:06:18:821 | MD | INFO | +530 | DefaultAnimateFadeIn - Ended
14:06:18:828 | MD | INFO | +0 | DefaultFadeAnimation - Started

fadeInDuration = 500
fadeInDelay = 500

You do have these set you know.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
It's not that simple. When I create a profile via the RLUI, it opens the WinIPAC software so I can customize the profile, but then I still have to click Save and manually set the path... I'm just not sure where to save to. Nothing I am saving is showing up in the RLUI after refreshing
RLUI should be creating the profile and then feed it to WinIPAC, did you put a profile in "..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\_Default\WinIPAC\_Default.ipc"?
If so, then after creating a profile through RLUI check the "..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC" folder to see if something gets created there because it should.

I don't have a way to test this, but djvj tested it and was working fine on his machine. Don't know if WinIPAC will force you to choose the path every time you save though, that would be very silly, but djvj can probably confirm that.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
RLUI should be creating the profile and then feed it to WinIPAC, did you put a profile in "..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\_Default\WinIPAC\_Default.ipc"?
If so, then after creating a profile through RLUI check the "..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC" folder to see if something gets created there because it should.

I don't have a way to test this, but djvj tested it and was working fine on his machine. Don't know if WinIPAC will force you to choose the path every time you save though, that would be very silly, but djvj can probably confirm that.

If I don't click save, the profile is created in RLUI, but the IPC file isn't actually saved/created and doesn't actually exist anywhere. Opening the profile via RLUI to edit proves this, because it's empty. If you click save via WinIPAC software, then it asks you to choose a path. I've tried \RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC\MAME\gamename.ipc but it doesn't show up in RLUI

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
If I don't click save, the profile is created in RLUI, but the IPC file isn't actually saved/created and doesn't actually exist anywhere. Opening the profile via RLUI to edit proves this, because it's empty. If you click save via WinIPAC software, then it asks you to choose a path. I've tried \RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC\MAME\gamename.ipc but it doesn't show up in RLUI

A simple way to test this is to point the RLUI path to WinIPAC to any exe file. Then create dummy files with IPC extensions in the correct locations and click Refresh in the Keymapper / WinIPAC section of RLUI. Nothing shows up

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Another update to fix some new proffered controller issues

* Keymapper Init updated to v1.0.6
- Fixed bug with preferred controller list not using the correct profile
- Fixed bug where keymapper would unload when it was never loaded due to another error occurring first
* Keymapper updated to v1.1.4
- Added check for a proper full path to chosen keymapper
* Shared.ahk updated to v1.3.9
- Fixed bug where keymapper would unload when it was never loaded due to another error occurring first

For winipac, yes I recall it will always ask to save the file in the last used save folder, which is a global windows position from the last place you saved something in any windows application. Winipac doesn't remember it's own last folder used.

RLUI does correctly create the new profile, it makes a copy of the _Default.ipc and names it correctly, then feeds that profile to winipac. When you save though, you need to point the save browser back to that file. Yes it is silly, blame the dev for not giving the normal save and save as choices. The choice is only save as.

Last edited:

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Another update to fix some new proffered controller issues

* Keymapper Init updated to v1.0.6
- Fixed bug with preferred controller list not using the correct profile
* Keymapper updated to v1.1.4
- Added check for a proper full path to chosen keymapper
* Shared.ahk updated to v1.3.9

For winipac, yes I recall it will always ask to save the file in the last used save folder, which is a global windows position from the last place you saved something in any windows application. Winipac doesn't remember it's own last folder used.

RLUI does correctly create the new profile, it makes a copy of the _Default.ipc and names it correctly, then feeds that profile to winipac. When you save though, you need to point the save browser back to that file. Yes it is silly, blame the dev for not giving the normal save and save as choices. The choice is only save as.

Hi DJVJ,

I'm with you on the functionality of WinIPAC software. I think I understand now. Essentially, the _Default profile gets copied over to WinIPAC.exe. Then the user updates the profile for that game/system and saves it to RocketLauncher/Profiles/WinIPAC/SystemName/GameName.ipc etc

So, put another way, if I want to import my existing IPC profiles, I Just need to put them into the following folder structure:

...RocketLauncher/Profiles/WinIPAC/SystemName/System-or-Game-Name.ipc

Is that correct?

If so... what's the point of the ...RocketLauncher\Profiles\_Default\WinIPAC path?

Why not just use the destination path of ...RocketLauncher\Profiles\WinIPAC\_Default.ipc

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
OK, making progress... but running into a weird problem. My IPC profiles are now showing up in RLUI, however, when I launch a game they do not load. I've confirmed that my path is set properly and the setting is enabled.

I get the following error in my log:
true - You have your path to WinIPAC defined, but it could not be found here:

Here's what my RocketLauncher.ini file looks like:
[Keyboard Encoder]
WinIPAC_Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe

Here's what my log looks like:
http://pastebin.com/g6YafMKs

legolas119

RL Member
Hi
today I open my RocketLauncher and it was automatically updated. Now I see that my version is 1.0.1.0
Is it normal? I read in this forum that the latest release is 1.0.1.5 so i don't understand why my version isn't automatically updated to the latest one...

Another question: if I need to reinstall from the beginning RockeLauncher and Hyperspin, I only need the new full pack RocketLauncher 1.0.1.5 and then Hyperspin Full Install 1.3.3.0 and its update 1.4+
I don't need this guide: http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=Transition_From_HyperLaunch3 Am i right?

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
RLUI version != RL version

2 different products.

Yes that is correct, the transition is only for existing installs you want to...transition.

brolly

Administrator
Developer
If so... what's the point of the ...RocketLauncher\Profiles\_Default\WinIPAC path?
As I told you, this is what RLUI will use as the base profile when you create any profile (system, default, game, whatever). This file will be copied over when you create a winipac profile and fed to WinIPAC so you can edit it, then you have to save it of course, but seems WinIPAC software isn't user friendly at all, I mean forcing the user to save as all the time makes no sense and it's the first time I see an application that doesn't offer a save ability...

About the profiles not being loaded, not sure, seems something isn't right with RL djvj:
winIPACFullPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe
16:32:14:439 | MD | WARNING | +0 | true - You have your path to WinIPAC defined, but it could not be found here:

legolas119

RL Member
RLUI version != RL version

2 different products.

Ah ok...but...so, if I want the latest version of RocketLauncher, it isn't enogh to automatically update it when I open RocketLauncher? I need to download the new full pack in order to have the latest version?

thanks

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Ah ok...but...so, if I want the latest version of RocketLauncher, it isn't enogh to automatically update it when I open RocketLauncher? I need to download the new full pack in order to have the latest version?

If you open RLUI and accept the update message you will always have the latest RL and RLUI versions.