RocketLauncher v1.0 Release!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
If you were here, I would expect a giant man hug, no more, no less. But there's always the Donate option to support the site instead :rolleyes:

Cronos01

When I open rocketlauncher ui, it asks me to update. When I select 'check updates' it gives me an error: "cannot read from a closed textreader". This is on step: "detecting outdated files"

When I want to use rocketlauncher to launch a game, I get: "Missing C:\arcade\RocketLauncher\Module Extensions\RocketLauncher.dll"

I am having those same issues on my Windows XP Pro x64 machines. I ran as administrator while running the upgrader. Is there something in Windows that I don't have installed that I may need?

Same error here in windows 7 64 bits machine. Running as administrator doesnt help, still getting the "cannot read from a closed textreader" error.

Takaji

RL Member
Takaji, I just noticed. You ran the transition tool and did the ini transition for HS 1.3 but are running HS 1.4. Restore your HS inis and your problem will be fixed.

What I did was first run the tool to transition to 1.3, and then I downloaded HS 1.4 and ran the tool again and chose to transition the HS inis only to 1.4. Guess that was wrong; should've updated to 1.4 first!

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Cronos01

Same error here in windows 7 64 bits machine. Running as administrator doesnt help, still getting the "cannot read from a closed textreader" error.

Issue solved after installing .NET Framework 4.5.2. I had only version 4 installed.

So everyone with the "cannot read from a closed textreader" error, installing NET 4.5.2 seems the solution.

JordiMayor

Please, Mr. djvj.... I'm very confused with my upgrade...

I've try to do it, but when finished, I've c:\RocketLauncher, and my c:\Hyperspin what I was using with HLHQ and the HL, but now, I execute the UI, and says me there're upgrades. When tryint to update to the last git, then an error "cannot read from a closed texreader...". but, when I've no emulators and nothing configured in the Rocket..

Please, any help would be very useful. I'm thinking installing all from scratch... :(, but not sure how to do it for directly use RLauncher from hyperspin.

Thank you very much for your work... :)

UPDATE!!!: The cannot read error is solved with the .NET 4.5.2 (Running Windows 7 x64). But I've no emulators and nothing configured at the RL... :(

Last edited:

silverfox0786

RL Member
Fantastic

My update went spot on and so easy I didn't even hardly have to use the tutorial as it was so straight forward

Thank you and I love the new auto update from git integration

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Issue solved after installing .NET Framework 4.5.2. I had only version 4 installed.

So everyone with the "cannot read from a closed textreader" error, installing NET 4.5.2 seems the solution.

This is strange has RLUI is build on .NET 4 not 4.5. Do you happen to have a log for when this error is happening? At what moment does this happen? I'd like to try to look into this to see why 4.5.2 would fix something in a .NET 4 application.

Cronos01

This is strange has RLUI is build on .NET 4 not 4.5. Do you happen to have a log for when this error is happening? At what moment does this happen? I'd like to try to look into this to see why 4.5.2 would fix something in a .NET 4 application.

Sorry, I have no logs and now cant reproduce the error because 4.5.2 replaced my old NET 4 installation.

But like others said before, it happens when rocketlauncherui is opened, it asks to update and when select 'check updates' it gives the error: "cannot read from a closed textreader" on step "detecting outdated files".

Now after the update , I have a new strange problem only with Mame. After launching a Mame game with RocketLauncher, game starts but after a few seconds of running at 100% speed, game drops at a constant 70% speed.

If Mame lost focus (using pause for example) after return to the game, it goes back to 100% speed, but after a few seconds, drops again to 70% speed.

It happens in all games, and dropped speed is always 70%. This can be seen inside mame using the F11 key in game.

Clivvy

Supporter
RL Member
Just wanted to pop in and say a big thank you to DJVJ and all involved with RocketLauncher. I've just worked through the process and yeah, couldn't have been made simpler so again, thank you very much for all that hard work. A donation shall be forthcoming..

retango

Supporter
RL Member
Huge thanks to DJVJ and all the team.. amazing how simple you make it fot us all.. not only a new version, but a transition tool so we don't even have to change the ini files.. Thanks!!!
Just a note, as many have noted Hyperspin's "HS Startup Script" is not working with RocketLauncher.. I found a temporary fix that is working for me, until the author updates the tool.. Just copy the "RocketLauncher.exe" file as "HyperLaunch.exe", in the RL folder, and update the folder location in "HS Startup Script.ini". (I have also included "Process_Name_To_Close_1=hyperlaunch.exe" in the [Startup] section of the "HS Startup Script.ini", just in case).
Thanks again to all, and congratulations!

rfancella

Super Moderator
Supporter
RL Member
The transition worked great!
Ran the transition, downloaded the update and put it in.
The only thing I had to do was to reset my DT/VD path.

One little suggestion.
I think someone suggested this before. It would be nice to be able to de-select the updates I don't want. I have quite a few modules that are currently being tweaked and are not default. These were over written on update. ;)
Some sort of update manager, instead of just getting it all. ;)

Thanks,
Ron

griffin518

RL Member
I'm having an issue where Hyperspin (1.3) crashes with no error message when trying to load a main menu wheel (ie MAME). Anyone see anything like this? This is, of course, post conversion after having carefully followed the instructions.

I've confirmed that RL works from within RLUI.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I just restored, then updated to the lastest beta build of HS 1.4 (build 14) and the upgrade worked seemlessly. I think I have have been on the prior version of HS 1.3 (v1.3.0.3?) and that definitely had issues. Wasn't another, interim build of HS released recently that included HL 2.0? I was on the one before that. Anyway... thanks again! Now I need to see why my HLSL settings are off, did those change?

Last edited:

nosh

RL Member
Great work DJ and all involved. I am sure you are happy the rename is done, that must have been painful. Can't wait to do the transition. One less thing in my setup that isn't in beta!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Thanks everyone.

The transition worked great!
Ran the transition, downloaded the update and put it in.
The only thing I had to do was to reset my DT/VD path.

One little suggestion.
I think someone suggested this before. It would be nice to be able to de-select the updates I don't want. I have quite a few modules that are currently being tweaked and are not default. These were over written on update. ;)
Some sort of update manager, instead of just getting it all. ;)

Thanks,
Ron

This was discussed a bit and we decided to not go that route. That's the reason I the Upgrading guide on the wiki covers what you should be doing to use customized modules.

You can compare it to hacking a game's built-in xml files, then updating and losing your changes. Are you going to contact the game dev to tell them you lost your custom changes? We give you the ability to use custom modules and you can find those steps on the wiki here: http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Updating

Riffman81

RL Member
I had some problems with MAME last night, but I was able to fix them... well, sort of. Let me explain...

I was able to launch into MAME just fine, but noticed my XBox360 controller wasn't working. I closed out of HS and went to check settings in MAME, launched a game through MAME and all was fine, controller config seemed to be working fine. Back into HS and RL and tried to launch a game again but I still wasn't able to use my controller. So after checking some settings in RL, I realized I had to set the path to my MAME .ini folder and now my controller is working. However, here's the problem I'm running into now.

I have MAME split into sections within HS. Atari Classics, Nintendo Classics, etc... I realize there is no module for these since they aren't actually "systems" and all are launched with MAME, but when browsing a game in these sections in HS and launching said game, I can't use my controller because there is no module settings for these systems, therefore no way for me to point to my .ini folder...

I hope this makes sense, is there anyway around this issue?

Last edited:

Darkbelmonte

RL Member
Great work !! reportant only two points that have occurred to me in migration

1 using the RL_Transition_Tool not changed the configuration file Joy to Key to profile Hyperspin
2 the aforementioned "HyperSpin Startup Script" still chava by HyperLaunch, but it depends on its developer.

tks