RocketLauncher v1.0 Release!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Riffman, please make a thread on your issue so it can be tracked properly.

snstay

RL Member
Just updated, very fast and easy. With that being said I seem to have lost all my global emulators. Any ideas?
Thanks

kmoney2315

RL Member
Great job on the new release, everything went smoothly. The only thing that did not update is the Fade Layer 4 new dimensions in the channel log of changes, as I had to manually input the new sizes in RL. I also tried resetting the fade folder settings to see if that would help but it did not,but after I input the new sizes you included in the channel log, the Fade 4 images displayed properly.

Thanks for always improving RL even better!

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
The tool will not update new defaults because what if someone wanted customized settings? I would of just forced them back to defaults.

Takaji

RL Member
Can we now use the latest Daemon Tools? I haven't updated since it was stated not to, but I see now that there's an "Add Drive" option under Virtual Drive which looks like it was added to fix the whole virtual drive issues the latest DT version introduced...

Boltzmann

Supporter
RL Member
Congratulations, RocketLauncher Team! I'm quite swamped by work these days (plus regular gaming/reading), so it'll be a while before I can give this release a proper test. I hope to be able to do so during this weekend. Nevertheless, it's quite exciting :D

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Thanks Boltzmann

Can we now use the latest Daemon Tools? I haven't updated since it was stated not to, but I see now that there's an "Add Drive" option under Virtual Drive which looks like it was added to fix the whole virtual drive issues the latest DT version introduced...

Not yet, that will come later. I wanted to make sure the settings were updated properly before I add support for that and this release went clean. I have DT5 CLI figured out, but I need to figure out how to add it to the existing function still. I want to address any reported bugs first before I start working on DT5 again though.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Updated the transition tool to v1.1:

• Fixed missing virtualdrive settings after transition
  • Fixed HS settings getting changed when user kept hyperlaunch.exe in the hyperspin folder and pointed the tool to this folder for transition
  • Will no longer ask you if you want to rename the folder name to RocketLauncher if that folder is the same as your Hyperspin folder

Grab it from the downloads section if you still need it or haven't done the transition yet

Last edited:

ninjalo

RL Member
Did the transition last night and everything went smooth as silk. Thanks again for this wonderful software, it makes my friends jealous when they see me launch games from HS and you never see the emulators and/or folders full of ROMs and ISOs. It's beautiful guys, great job!

hulk_syndrome

Thanks man, I tested some 32x games via Rocket Launcher, Congratulations for your efforts and all involved.
Keep it up!!!

BTW the built-in update system is a milestone with this new program.
I'm uninstalling Tortoise and GIT.

How did you get it to work? I transitioned, updated RocketLaunched, and re-linked the FE (HyperSpin) through the RocketLauncherUI. I run Hyperspin, pick 32X, and pick a game but it hangs. I can use the RocketLauncher.exe and test if it launches and it does. When I do it through HyperSpin 1.3, it just hangs. In the log, below, it says it is "Not using HyperLaunch". Is this the problem?

11:28:49 PM | HyperSpin Started
11:28:49 PM | Going windowed mode
11:28:49 PM | Checking for updates
11:28:49 PM | Update Check Complete
11:28:49 PM | Startup program unavailable
11:28:49 PM | Error intializing joysticks
11:28:49 PM | Menu Mode is multi
11:28:49 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml
11:28:49 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
11:28:49 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
11:28:53 PM | Loading Sega 32X.xml
11:28:53 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
11:28:54 PM | Sega 32X wheel loaded successfully
11:28:55 PM | Launching Game
11:28:55 PM | Not using HyperLaunch
11:28:55 PM | Running in normal rom mode
11:28:55 PM | Excecutable is
11:28:55 PM | Command Line is: "" "After Burner (Japan, USA)."

aorin1

RL Member
How did you get it to work? I transitioned, updated RocketLaunched, and re-linked the FE (HyperSpin) through the RocketLauncherUI. I run Hyperspin, pick 32X, and pick a game but it hangs. I can use the RocketLauncher.exe and test if it launches and it does. When I do it through HyperSpin 1.3, it just hangs. In the log, below, it says it is "Not using HyperLaunch". Is this the problem?

11:28:49 PM | HyperSpin Started
11:28:49 PM | Going windowed mode
11:28:49 PM | Checking for updates
11:28:49 PM | Update Check Complete
11:28:49 PM | Startup program unavailable
11:28:49 PM | Error intializing joysticks
11:28:49 PM | Menu Mode is multi
11:28:49 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml
11:28:49 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
11:28:49 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
11:28:53 PM | Loading Sega 32X.xml
11:28:53 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
11:28:54 PM | Sega 32X wheel loaded successfully
11:28:55 PM | Launching Game
11:28:55 PM | Not using HyperLaunch
11:28:55 PM | Running in normal rom mode
11:28:55 PM | Excecutable is
11:28:55 PM | Command Line is: "" "After Burner (Japan, USA)."

Hi, well I didn't face that kind of problem.
But, seems that "Not using HyperLaunch" message refers to your main settings in Hyperspin.
Try solving that into your settings folder (the main settings in Hyperspin root folder), in Hyperlaunch line, add "rocketlauncher.exe" after the backslash "hyperlaunch\rocketlauncher.exe"

It would look like > hyperlaunch_Path=(your drive letter here):\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

I don't know if it will solve your problem, if it does, let me know.

hulk_syndrome

Hi, well I didn't face that kind of problem.
But, seems that "Not using HyperLaunch" message refers to your main settings in Hyperspin.
Try solving that into your settings folder (the main settings in Hyperspin root folder), in Hyperlaunch line, add "rocketlauncher.exe" after the backslash "hyperlaunch\rocketlauncher.exe"

It would look like > hyperlaunch_Path=(your drive letter here):\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

I don't know if it will solve your problem, if it does, let me know.

Unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem.

metal82

No clue what to do . I run auto update and it seems The git is broken, missing changelog,txt from the server. i get a 404 server error.

How do I fix my install now.

I am lost and whole wheel is messed up up now

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
GIT error is fixed, everyone can go on their merry ways now!

Marcoqwerty

RL Member
Sorry guys...but here...when you say:

Cattura.PNG

mean the Hyperlaunch.exe on Hyperspin Folder or HyperlaunchHQ.exe on HyperlaunchHQ folder?