RocketLauncher v1.0 Release!

bob.records

RL Member
Update is working great, thanks again my friend, fanatstic work team RLauncher!! Big fan from day 1 (ish)

i hate to ask............but did rom mapping for mame clones still get over looked ?

I think the launch menu has great potential to pull all of these amazing features into play just before launching a game, if it was user friendly enough and easy to control with a joypad or stick this would be the cherry on the cake.

Just like you configure a fifa game before you start... change controller/profiles, load save points, change game/dip settings, record game, turn overlays on/off, etc etc.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Thanks bob, it is not overlooked, just not taking precedence.

TogaForComfort

RL Member
Just Migrated but I'm getting and error on the first update.
File C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Modules\PCSX2\PCSX2.isd hash check failed, something went wrong with the download.

Tried deleting this file and re-downloading, but I get the same error every time.

EDIT: Nevermind, its working now

needles

Early stages of my HS project (had HS & HL3 installed 12 months ago, just picked up again)... had only setup a few systems (MAME, NES, SNES, N64, GBA) and left everything else default (ie. all default systems still showing) and ran the RL transition pack - all seemed to transition okay, ran the updates (approx 760 files) which also installed ok...

C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher
C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI
C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\RocketLauncherUI.exe
C:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\RocketLauncherUI.exe.config

Now when I open RLUI (tried PC restart) all the systems are gone... only GLOBAL is showing. I also have a yellow hazard symbol (bottom right) stating 3 errors:

The following errors must be manually fixed by the user:
1. Module ID of 635038268915913898 is used in more than one module
2. Module ID of 635038268918025653 is used in more than one module
3. Module ID of 635038268925531896 is used in more than one module

I made a complete backup of my C:\HyperSpin folder before updating... have I missed something? Any help would be appreciated... I'm very early in my setup, so if a fresh install is easier I can take that path.

EDIT: Found 2 versions of .ahk for Project64 and deleted the 2.0.0.14 one (retained 2.x)... this cleared the error for Module ID 635038268918025653 but can't find the others and still have no systems in RLUI :(

Last edited:

dunk3000

RL Member
Hey needles, the no systems is an easy fix. Rl works with multiple frontends, so you just need to tell it you want to use it with hyperspin and it will populate with systems from your hyperspin setup.

On global go to the go to the front ends tab, add a front end...

Call it hyperspin, point to your hyperspin exe and save it. You'll then see it in the list of frontends.

Highlight it and click the button to make it active and the button to make it default. Voila!

Your issue is not to do with new rl update, it was an earlier change made in time between ur first setup and now. They'll be a guide somewhere that explains better but I'm on my phone so just posting quickly from memory so's you know not to worry - is easy fix :)

Potts43

RL Member
Hi I'm currently still using HL 3 due to using a few progs that need fixing to work with RL. I therefore believe that git no longer is being updated. Are any of the RL module updates compatible with HL3 and if so how do I get them now?
Thanks

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Some might be compatible some might not we aren't keeping track of that since HL3 is no longer supported. A lot of them aren't though, anything that uses DT definitely isn't.
To get the modules you either setup RL on your PC and use the updater to get them or you'll have to ask someone to provide them for you.

needles

Hey needles, the no systems is an easy fix. Rl works with multiple frontends, so you just need to tell it you want to use it with hyperspin and it will populate with systems from your hyperspin setup.

On global go to the go to the front ends tab, add a front end...

Call it hyperspin, point to your hyperspin exe and save it. You'll then see it in the list of frontends.

Highlight it and click the button to make it active and the button to make it default. Voila!

Your issue is not to do with new rl update, it was an earlier change made in time between ur first setup and now. They'll be a guide somewhere that explains better but I'm on my phone so just posting quickly from memory so's you know not to worry - is easy fix :)

Thanks dunk3000 ...Didn't see that Frontend tab (or wasn't looking for it) and was too late/tired, now makes sense and all systems are back. Also figured out the modules errors, just had a couple of versions of modules for a couple of Emus... very slowly starting to understand how all this stuff comes together.

Props to anyone involved in developing, supporting, testing, etc for RL, HS and Emus in general... looking forward to getting back into my HS setup. Cheers

kroton181

Supporter
RL Member
I just downloaded the full install since I figured I'd start fresh and it's asking me for a password. Did I miss something?

dustind900

Supporter
RL Member
Got my last system setup today. All I have to say is "Wow" and "thank you" to all the RL devs. It just keeps getting better.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Read the description in the downloads section.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Sorry that was my fault. Thanks for fixing brolly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk