RocketLauncher v1.0.1.4

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
RocketLauncher Updates:

Important Media change. Wheels is a Hyperspin specific term and we are moving to the proper name of Logos. Please make sure you rename your fade wheels folder from
.\RocketLauncher\Media\Wheels
to
.\RocketLauncher\Media\Logos
Otherwise these images will no longer display during fade.

Hyperspin users: You must set the Default Frontend Path and Default Plugin in RLUI to continue to use RocketLauncher. See attached screenshot.

2015/11/08
* Shared.ahk updated to v1.3.4

• Added MaximizeWindow function
  • Changed DxwndRun function to start DxwndRun in the system tray
  • Added DxwndUpdateIniPath function. Dxwnd will now search for cfg files named after the system before using the default dxwnd.ini

2015/11/05
* Fade animations.ahk updated to v1.1.10

• Replaced RocketLauncher Wheels folder references by the updated Media\Logos folder and fixed frontend logo images bug.

2015/10/31
* Virtual Drive.ahk updated to v1.0.3

• Updated VCDMount (Clone Drive) support so it works with any version in the 5.x series

2015/10/22
* Bezel.ahk updated to v1.1.4

• Fixed bezel fullscreen bug

2015/10/15
* BinHexRW updated to v1.0.1

• Small update to logging to be more descriptive.
* Fade Init updated to v1.0.2; Fade updated to 1.1.4; Fade animations updated to 1.1.9

• Add support for new option to allow fade guis to be "transparent" to mouse clicks allowing some problematic post launching scripts to work.

2015/10/13
* Shared updated to v1.3.3

• New functions to globally support split screen and moving windows
  • LEDBlinky now supports sending an alternate system name than the one sent from your Front End
  • LEDBlinky now supports sending Game Start and Game End events with the new "All" option. Use this instead of your Front End's ledblinky handling for these events.
* 7z updated to v1.0.2

• Added ToolTip for extraction percentage when troubleshooting logging is enabled
* MultiPlayer updated to v1.0.7

• Added local-link support
  • Can now go back a menu by using your exit key. You can also exit this menu to close RL by pressing your exit key from the main menu.

2015/10/04
* RocketLauncher updated to v1.0.1.4

• Fixed bug with ahk and JSON when there were too many alternates on Rom Mapping inis
  • Added new Rom Mapping settings: Game_Name_Text_Font, Game_Name_Text_Options, & Hide_Parent
  • Added new Fade setting: Fade_Click_Through
  • Added new LEDBlinky setting: LEDBlinky_System_Name
  • Added new Dxwnd setting: Dxwnd_Path
  • Fixed an AHK bug that was thinking your FE was active when it was not
  • Added new Module Extension to help debug objects and arrays: Array.ahk
* Rom Mapping Launch Menu updated to v1.0.6

• Fixed broken Rom Mapping Launch Menu
  • Added support for user to choose between using HiToText or hi2txt programs for acquiring High Scores
* Pause updated to v1.1.5

• Fixed save and load state not working when statistics were disabled
  • Fixed clone media support
  • Fixed bug preventing High Score menu to be displayed
  • Added support for user to choose between using HiToText or hi2txt programs for acquiring High Scores
* Fade updated to v1.1.3

* Bezel updated to v1.1.3

• Added support for looking at emulator specific folders for bezels
* HyperSpin.plugin updated

• Filled the variables frontendDatabaseFields and frontendDatabaseLabels to support the rom mapping menu changes
  • Fixed a log bug on HyperSpin plugin

RocketLauncherUI Updates:
2015/11/08
* RocketLauncherUI updated to v1.0.0.9

• Improved modules panel filtering to support non-standard system names. Now any modules referenced on the system emulators.ini or games.ini will also show up on the list so you can configure per game settings even if you aren't using non-standard system names
  • Fixed bug with alternate game dialog that was causing a NullPointerException when system or emulator names weren't being set
  • Added support for new settings: Default_Front_End_Path, Default_Plugin, LEDBlinky_System_Name, Fade_Click_Through, DxWnd_Path

2015/10/10
* RocketLauncherUI updated to v1.0.0.8

• Added support for the new RomMapping settings: Hide_Parent, Game_Name_Text_Font, Game_Name_Text_Options
  • Custom icons are now supported, just name them properly and put them inside .\Media\Custom Icons

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
Awesome job. A few issues worth mentioning.

1. As you noted, fade wheels folder reference changed. You should make sure everyone knows to now rename "...RocketLauncher\Media\Wheels" to "...RocketLauncher\Media\Logos" if they want the RL images to display during fade properly

2. Exit emulator key no longer works in updated PCSX2 module for some reason. Also it seems pretty random when it wants to actually display the emulator window or sit there on the fade screen forever. I posted a log over here if you ever want to check it out:
http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1674-PCSX2-Module-Error-Please-help&p=18326#post18326

3. Very minor but the tooltip for the new Click Through setting on fade page has "below" mispelled as "bellow" :p

Last edited:

gigapig

RL Member
2. Exit emulator key no longer works in updated PCSX2 module for some reason. Also it seems pretty random when it wants to actually display the emulator window or sit there on the fade screen forever. I posted a log over here if you ever want to check it out:
http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1674-PCSX2-Module-Error-Please-help&p=18326#post18326

PCSX2 is loading and closing fine my end, are you using the correct version of the emulator?

EwwYumYuck

Just updated RL and now none of my setup in HS works?! Launch HS then enter any of my menus/games then get error missing xml for this?! help please. launching via RL direct is all good but via HS i get the above error?

Last edited:

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
I'm using the Nov 5 build from the PCSX2 buildbot page: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

As mentioned though, the previous module works fine and exits normally with this newer emu version.

I just tested using a September build and indeed the new module works fine. So it's just an issue with the latest builds then I guess.

Last edited:

gigapig

RL Member
Just updated RL and now none of my setup in HS works?! Launch HS then enter any of my menus/games then get error missing xml for this?! help please. launching via RL direct is all good but via HS i get the above error?

Confirmed

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Confirmed

How the hell am I supposed to troubleshoot it's not working? Where is your log?!

There was a small change made in how launching is done with legacy HS mode, so I need info on what RL is seeing...

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Awesome job. A few issues worth mentioning.

1. As you noted, fade wheels folder reference changed. You should make sure everyone knows to now rename "...RocketLauncher\Media\Wheels" to "...RocketLauncher\Media\Logos" if they want the RL images to display during fade properly

3. Very minor but the tooltip for the new Click Through setting on fade page has "below" mispelled as "bellow" :p

Thanks Damned.

1. Is there any reference to this anywhere you are referring to, or just the mention it changed?

2. I do not constantly watch git updates, this impossible and will never happen. Please verify across the board with other users before reporting issues with git builds. Git is exactly that, unfinished pieces of changes that will often break the modules. You take a risk updating to them constantly.

3. Brolly will have to fix this, thanks for reporting.

gigapig

RL Member
How the hell am I supposed to troubleshoot it's not working? Where is your log?!

There was a small change made in how launching is done with legacy HS mode, so I need info on what RL is seeing...

Nice and polite, thank you.

It's looking for the Db in a different place.

Code:
11:04:58:279 | MD |   DEBUG1  | +0     | BuildDatabaseTable - Started - Building Table for: Name|Cloneof|Manufacturer|Year|Genre|Rating
11:04:58:357 | MD |     INFO  | +79    | CheckFile - Checking if O:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Databases\MAME\MAME.xml exists

http://pastebin.com/Phd3gy8a

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Nice and polite, thank you.

It's looking for the Db in a different place.

You know me all too well and should be used to it by now :rolleyes: Oh and that wasn't really directed at you...you just confirmed it!

Wait now, so this is launching from HS?

11:04:55:993 | RL | DEBUG1 | +0 | Main - Raw CLI received: "MAME armchmp2"
11:04:55:995 | RL | DEBUG1 | +0 | Main - Received this dbName with no path via CLI: "armchmp2"
11:04:55:997 | RL | DEBUG1 | +0 | Main - dbName: armchmp2
11:04:55:999 | RL | INFO | +0 | Main - Loading Front End Plugin: "RocketLauncherUI"

It's not detecting HS at all so where is HS installed compared to RL?

Last edited:

gigapig

RL Member
You know me all too well and should be used to it by now :rolleyes: Oh and that wasn't really directed at you...you just confirmed it!

Wait now, so this is launching from HS?

11:04:55:993 | RL | DEBUG1 | +0 | Main - Raw CLI received: "MAME armchmp2"
11:04:55:995 | RL | DEBUG1 | +0 | Main - Received this dbName with no path via CLI: "armchmp2"
11:04:55:997 | RL | DEBUG1 | +0 | Main - dbName: armchmp2
11:04:55:999 | RL | INFO | +0 | Main - Loading Front End Plugin: "RocketLauncherUI"

It's not detecting HS at all so where is HS installed compared to RL?

No problem :)

I ain't touched nuthing Mister I promise. If I have RLUI running in the background, it pops up everytime after the error goes away.

HS is still set as the FE.

Image 2.jpg

As always I have RL as a folder within the HS folder.

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
Oh wow, these guys are right. I'm having same issue as them. RocketLauncher is in its own folder on my C drive. It's looking for db's in RLUI databases folder for some reason.

I brought up the logos folder issue because after the update, I noticed on the fade screen that system wheel logos from RL media folder were no longer displaying. It started using the wheels from my HS main menu wheel folder instead. So I had to rename "Media/Wheels" to "Media/Logos" for them to show.

Understood about PCSX2. I like to use the latest builds though because they're constantly fixing and improving things so less hacks or wonky workarounds are required now for games to display correctly. They're doing a great job on it. So I'll stick with the previous module. I'm not sure what was changed in the latest one which made it picky about emu versions.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
djvj, it looks like that RocketLauncher is loading the default frontend plugin before detecting that is a HyperSpin launch.

Giga, and anyone else having this issues, open RLUI and set the default frontend path and plugin to HyperSpin as a work around while we have the time to figure out what is the better solution for that:
RLUI > General Settings > RocketLauncher > Paths > Default Frontend Path > C:\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe
RLUI > General Settings > RocketLauncher > Base Settings > Default plugin > HyperSpin

Dammed, the rename from Wheels to Logos was made several versions ago, when RocketLauncher was still named HyperLaunch.
http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?733-HyperLaunch-v3-1-0-5-Beta&highlight=logos
So you missed the announcement for a long time. Every other feature of RocketLauncher (pause, multigame, rom mapping and even some parts of the fade code) was already using the logos folder for some time already, and I just fixed the last bug left on the fade animation.

Last edited:

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
Weird, I never even noticed because the correct RL media wheels always showed up correctly before on the fade screens. I rarely use Hyperpause so that may be why I didn't see. Thanks for the info.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
Let me try to explain better the default plugin option.

Basically, whenever you want to use RocketLauncher, you should send some parameters so RocketLauncher knows which frontend is trying to launch the game.
The parameters are "-f" for the frontend path and "-p" for the plugin to be used to read the frontend databases and media files.
So the correct RocketLauncher launch should be something like this:
Code:
c:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe -s Nintendo Entertainment System -r Adventure Island (USA) -f D:\Hyperspin\HyperSpin.exe -p HyperSpin

HyperSpin by default only sends the below command line if you use its hyperlaunch option:
Code:
c:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "Nintendo Entertainment System" "Adventure Island (USA)"

So there is no way to RocketLauncher figure out that the game was launched from HyperSpin and not another frontend.

Since from the first RocketLauncher version, Djvj added a clever code to try to find out whenever any user was trying to launch a game from HyperSpin.
This should still work (and we will take a look at it).
Anyway, this is not the ideal way to handle such thing because this is a frontend specific code inside RocketLauncher and RL was made to be frontend agnostic.

Starting from this version, you can find two settings named default frontend plugin and frontend path.
These settings allows you to set what is the emulator plugin and the frontend path that should be used when the simplified command line is sent to RocketLauncher.
This should avoid the issue that you are having with the update.

Even so, the best way to configure your frontend is, and will always be, to configure the frontend to send the full command line required by RocketLauncher.
The HyperSpin install wiki explains how to do it for the HS 1.3. You could do the same for any other version if you want.

Last edited:

Potts43

RL Member
I missed the logo folder rename announcement too. Also finding that if I select bezel to create a full screen transparent bezel then the emulator is displayed tiny in the top left. If I scroll through my available Mame bezels and sequentially get to the auto generated one it displays correctly. However as RL remembers the last one selected and I run the same game a fresh then mame runs tiny in the top left again until I scroll through again. For me the bug is still present. I can't post my log at the moment as I'm on my phone at work.

DamnedRegistrations

RL Member
I actually found a different workaround that I had to do, bleasby. I noticed right above base settings under the Paths section, that the Default Frontend Path was set to RocketLauncherUI instead of Hyperspin. So changing to Hyperspin's location fixed everything. Changing the default plugin isn't needed.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
I missed mentioning also the default frontend path.
Actually you should change both for the same reason.

I edited the post above for including this info.

fzyfam

I just did the update and RocketLauncherUI no longer loads up . This has also caused Hyperspin to stop loading any systems. I had to resort back to a backup of my setup.

bleasby

RocketLauncher Developer
Developer
fzyfam, just read my previous posts. They are just above your post, it is not that difficult to find!!!